is anybody going to cookout for the 4th

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Sailman
Swill Maker

is anybody going to cookout for the 4th

Post by Sailman »

1625336261755-2082152692.jpg
Let's see some pictures of your grill or smoker. I will be cooking hot dogs and hamburgers for my Jeep Club tomorrow. I just finished cleaning the grill up.
stillanoob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: is anybody going to cookout for the 4th

Post by stillanoob »

Hell yeah! Today and tomorrow. Today is my trademark burgers with 25% pork, 75% bison and herbs & garlic. Tomorrow is brisket and pulled pork, gonna have to get things going real early to have those done on time. No need to take a pic, I just use a Weber.
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

I'm cookin in, it's been between 100-118 for two weeks

I suppose I could just put a butt in the brinkman and

and leave it in the sun :shock:
be water my friend
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I am currently smoking a turkey, yesterday I smoked brats, and last week I smoked a brisket. But like cob stated it is unusually hot here in the PNW so I am going in and out of the air conditioned house to keep from cooking more than what is in the smoker.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I should also mention that on the 5th we have company visiting from the east coast so I will be doing two flank steaks.
Sailman
Swill Maker

Post by Sailman »

We're just going to do hot dogs and hamburgers. The bad thing about it is I haven't used the grill in about a year and it cost me about $100 getting everything back to where it should be. But I've done things from pulled pork to brisket the chicken.
20210703_111034.jpg
20210703_111019.jpg
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

I got a couple of birds going and will probably do the ribs tomorrow
birds.JPG
Happy 4th
OVZ
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Sailman wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:26 pm We're just going to do hot dogs and hamburgers. The bad thing about it is I haven't used the grill in about a year and it cost me about $100 getting everything back to where it should be. But I've done things from pulled pork to brisket the chicken.20210703_111034.jpg20210703_111019.jpg
that flat top has seen some hard service. Some of them pits are pretty big. Oh the stories it could tell...

I've been directed to cook a Tri Tip roast tomorrow, but with all the shit we got goin on, I'm going to cheat and sous vide it.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Sailman
Swill Maker

Post by Sailman »

Deplorable wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:04 pm
Sailman wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:26 pm We're just going to do hot dogs and hamburgers. The bad thing about it is I haven't used the grill in about a year and it cost me about $100 getting everything back to where it should be. But I've done things from pulled pork to brisket the chicken.20210703_111034.jpg20210703_111019.jpg
that flat top has seen some hard service. Some of them pits are pretty big. Oh the stories it could tell...

I've been directed to cook a Tri Tip roast tomorrow, but with all the shit we got goin on, I'm going to cheat and sous vide it.
Unfortunately it was like that when I got it. I had a good friend of mine give it to me when he was cleaning out his barn. You should have seen the way it looked when I received it rusted andpitted at least now it's just pitted. It still Cooks good though.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Just looking at that gas connection to the big Q, Stainless or galvanized? Hard to tell from the photos

Stay safe
OVZ
Sailman
Swill Maker

Post by Sailman »

Oldvine Zin wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:17 pm Just looking at that gas connection to the big Q, Stainless or galvanized? Hard to tell from the photos

Stay safe
OVZ
The burner's in the big smoker are black iron pipe painted silver on the end. The griddle is SS.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Sailman wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:56 am
The burner's in the big smoker are black iron pipe painted silver on the end. The griddle is SS.
:thumbup: :thumbup:
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

I went to my daughter's house yesterday (beautiful day) for an outdoor BBQ. My son-in-law and his dad cooked a 100lb pig on an open pit. Had a great day with friends and family. Even had a little taste of some UJ made by someone there.
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

We started with a garden fresh thyme/oregano/swiss omelette and baby taters. Grilling an eggplant, red peppers, turmeric, and garlic for hummus like thing I do and burgers later.

Cheers!
-j
The folks that wrote these words woulda been hanged or shot had they not been successful-> High Treason.
———-
In Congress, July 4, 1776
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
Sailman
Swill Maker

Post by Sailman »

IMG_20210705_094612.jpg
Well yesterday was a busy day and I didn't get a chance to take any pictures at the cookout. Anyway we cooked hot dogs hamburgers / cheeseburgers and Red Hots. I took some Peach Brandy and rye bread whiskey and cherries and made a little something special and it went over very well.