Mrs Cranky is having some issues

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Dathhu
Bootlegger

Re: Mrs Cranky is having some issues

Post by Dathhu »

I know I'm not a long standing member, but having read through all your Fruity Goodness thread and re reading parts of it, I feel I've gotten to know at least a part of you.

Hell, I'm probably not gonna ever be able to do an apple run ever unless I buy it, being from citrus country in Australia, but I've felt your passion, and I've felt the love you have for your wife. Not just anyone would try to have a variety named after their significant other.

Best wishes and love to you and Mrs Cranky,

Dan
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I am currently in the waiting room while my wife is in surgery.
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Be thinking of you both Bushy.....modern medicine is an amazing thing :thumbup:
Rum Agol
Swill Maker

Post by Rum Agol »

Positive thoughts and best wishes to mrs Cranky and mrs Bushman.
SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Post by SassyFrass »

Positive thoughts and prayers for Mr & Mrs. Cranky and Bushman.
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Wishing you the best Bushman and Mrs Bushman.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

I want to thank everybody. Mrs Cranky has said she wants to respond but she doesn't get up for very long at a time. She's kind of like a cat right now.
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

cranky wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:45 pm Wishing you the best Bushman and Mrs Bushman.
+1 you to Mr./Mrs. cranky
be water my friend
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Cranky sorry if posting here if it diverts from your wife’s issues. Would like to say my wife’s operation went well removing the cyst and finding out it is not cancerous. It was a pretty intense operation as I waited in the waiting room for 13 hours just to have her moved to a room overnight. Hoping she will be released today.
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

Glad to hear the good news Bushman. Hope she rests well and has a speedy recovery. Best regards.
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

cranky wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:51 pm I want to thank everybody. Mrs Cranky has said she wants to respond but she doesn't get up for very long at a time. She's kind of like a cat right now.
Maybe a pic of my son's cats would brighten Ms Cranky's day for a moment?
Mr and Ms Cranky Cat
Mr and Ms Cranky Cat
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Bushman wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:12 am Cranky sorry if posting here if it diverts from your wife’s issues. Would like to say my wife’s operation went well removing the cyst and finding out it is not cancerous. It was a pretty intense operation as I waited in the waiting room for 13 hours just to have her moved to a room overnight. Hoping she will be released today.
That's not a problem at all Bushman. I'm glad she made it through ok :D
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

Two more kitties sending love to Mrs Cranky wishing her long restful naps, a speedy recovery and plenty of catnip.
25904971-1D1D-44AA-A53F-4B4A5FCB94B9.jpeg
F3D58C50-65C4-4B19-BA3E-08C3915CE834.jpeg
Otis
Otis’ Pot and Thumper, Dimroth Condenser: Pot-n-Thumper/Dimroth
Learning to Toast: Toasting Wood
Polishing Spirits with Fruitwood: Fruitwood
Badmotivator’s Barrels: Badmo Barrels
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

Twisted Brick wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:35 am
cranky wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:51 pm I want to thank everybody. Mrs Cranky has said she wants to respond but she doesn't get up for very long at a time. She's kind of like a cat right now.
Maybe a pic of my son's cats would brighten Ms Cranky's day for a moment?
Mr & Ms Cranky.jpg
Too cute! My adopted kids are always fun to watch and they brighten my day. Hope they inspire some lightheartedness to an otherwise presently bad time.
IMG_0001.JPG
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Glad to read the good news from the four of you!
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Not cats ,but flowers , grew these in my garden in recent weeks, gave them to my Mother to put in a vase and enjoy.
Thought I might share them and that they might brighten Mrs Cranky and Mrs Bushy's day up a little.
Get well soon Ladies. :wave:
flowers in vase.jpeg
MrsCranky
Novice

Post by MrsCranky »

To All You WONDERFUL Folks Out There............

This is one amazing group of people and you are all so very appreciated. Cranky & I both believe all the prayers and kind thoughts and the songs and giggles from pet pictures, well we believe it all matters very much and credit it for my rapid recovery when I was in the coma.

I want to thank you all for so rapidly jumping in to reassure Cranky, I think he was feeling a little overwhelmed, but also to send me so many warm and wonderful thoughts, wishes and giggles from pet pics. I am sure everything is going to be just fine and my surgery will go smoothly on the 27th and again I am sure the prayers and healing thoughts & wishes will be receiving the lions share of the credit.

Thank you all so much
MrsCranky
Novice

Post by MrsCranky »

Bushman wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:00 am I am currently in the waiting room while my wife is in surgery.
Mr & Mrs Bushman,

We were both very sorry to hear of Mrs Bushmans illness but we are sure the benigne information was a huge relief. I do hope the surgery went well and she is bouncing back. She has my positive thoughts for a rapid complete recovery.
image.png
MrsCranky
Novice

Post by MrsCranky »

seamusm53 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:04 am This physician still believes that her 'stroke' was related to her covid vax - mostly because of timing. Not every stroke involves permanent neurologic damage. Many with stroke-like symptoms have transient impairment and full recovery - usually labelled TIA's or Transient Ischemic Attacks. All 'stroke' events involve clot obstruction of brain arteries - some of which the body is able to dissolve before permanent brain injury has resulted. Our health officials have minimized clot risk from the covid vaccines but there is no doubt it is a real problem. The risk from these clotting complications are highest within the first few months after the jabs and seems to become less likely as time goes on. I am glad she recovered. Ya'll can make up your own minds re: boosters.
Dear Doc,
Well I can say no TIA or Stroke have had cat scan w & w/o contrast and mri w & w/o contrast and no evidence of a stroke or TIA. Cranky very much agrees with you and I definitely lean in that direction. I will not be seeking a booster, didnt want the vax to begin with but to be considered for surgery it was a requirement. I do believe this was a reaction but am grateful it was not a lasting one like those who get Bells Palsy, the experience was horrible and I do not appreciate being forced to endure it. Thank you for your kind thoughts
MrsCranky
Novice

Post by MrsCranky »

OtisT wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:15 am Two more kitties sending love to Mrs Cranky wishing her long restful naps, a speedy recovery and plenty of catnip.

25904971-1D1D-44AA-A53F-4B4A5FCB94B9.jpeg

F3D58C50-65C4-4B19-BA3E-08C3915CE834.jpeg

Otis
oooooo catnip too..........thank you kind sir
DRHillier
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DRHillier »

I got the j and j vaccine and got covid 2 months later. Fortunately I recovered without incident even with breathing issues and diabetes. I regret getting the shot. They really have no idea of the effects the vaccines have on people and it's only a generic one size fits all "solution" that really doesn't work. I agree with you and it sounds like the symptoms of a stroke. I hope it's something they can get to the bottom of. I understand your position, I've cared for my wife after a back surgery, and then a major emergency back surgery a couple of days later. It's got to be the most stressful situation a man could have to deal with. I understand your wife's position as well. The only reason to go to the hospital is to go lay down and die. I feel the exact same way. But this is serious stuff. I hope she'll follow through and find the answers. It very well could be the covid shot. Doctors have no more information on the long term affects than anyone else because it's all new. But after eliminating all other possibilities, it'll be hard to discount it. I wish you both well. Her for her health, and you for your sanity!!
It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.

Thomas Sowell
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

DRHillier wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:00 pm They really have no idea of the effects the vaccines have on people and it's only a generic one size fits all "solution" that really doesn't work. Doctors have no more information on the long term affects than anyone else because it's all new. But after eliminating all other possibilities, it'll be hard to discount it.
I took some quotations together.
After the third phase of testing on a group of 40.000 people they should at least have some idea of the effects of the vaccins. And all vaccins I got (pox, measles, tetanus etc.) are a one size fits all, and they worked well.
I suppose doctors, as anyone else, have some pride in doing their jobs. At least as much as we take pride in doing our hobby as good as we can.
So I trust them. Not blindly, for no one or nothing can be trusted blindly, not even me. But as good as honest people can be trusted, including their flaws. The counterpart is: can you trust your own body in its reactions to some completely new threat?

So I think: the vaccin is less dangerous then the virus. But each for his or her own convictions.
I wish you both well. Her for her health, and you for your sanity!!
I wholeheartedly agree with that.
DRHillier
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DRHillier »

I'm not knocking doctors. But this being a new vaccine, and it having only been around for a year or so, nobody has any idea about the long term issues that may arise. The vaccine manufactures stated an efficacy rate of above 90 percent. But it's far lower than that. I caught covid 2 months after getting one. So did my wife. She got the Pfizer, I got the J&J. There's tons of breakthrough cases nationwide. So I don't believe the manufacturers know as much as they claim to know either. The vaccines that you are referring to have been around for decades with decades of data to back them up. You're comparing apples to oranges. There very well could be side effects that the medical field have no information about. Especially in today's political theater. Hydroxychloroquine, (probably completely misspelled) ivermectin, (again probably misspelled) are perfect examples. Some experts say they are life saving, others say they are useless or horse de-wormer. With all the conflicting information out there, i find it hard to trust anyone. So I have a healthy amount of skepticism when it comes to the vaccines, and I don't discount anyone's claims to side effects.
It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.

Thomas Sowell
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

I almost told Mrs Cranky not to include her opinion of the vaccine because it's likely to turn too much like a political fight and get this thread locked. That said the medical industry is not being allowed to fully investigate or even report on possible side effects of these vaccines when they are being encountered and the internet overlords delete anything negative about them. In the end all we are allowed to hear is "They are safe and effective" and that may be true for the most part but a lot of the actual truth is being buried and doctors and anybody else who speak the inconvenient truths are being silenced.

I'm sorry to have to say this but I would like everybody to please try to avoid discussion of the vaccines in this thread in order to avoid arguments and opinions that may get it locked so that I can continue to post the progress of Mrs Cranky's treatments as it evolves. I hope to have some good news about it soon.

I think the proper thread for vaccine arguments, if one exists on this site, is https://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=78801
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

I am sorry: I did understand I distracted the topic and did not want that, because I feel for the Cranky-family (and then Bushman-family). And that is what this topic is about.

But I learned that opinions that are not withspoken are considered to be true and I do not like my friends to fall in false arguments.

Believe what you want to believe. Just be sure your believe is relyable.
Dathhu
Bootlegger

Post by Dathhu »

Hope Mr and Mrs Cranky and Mr and Mrs Bushman are all doing well.

Having read both Bushman's and Cranky's posts over my time here, I'm thankful for all the info you guys have put up.

It sounds like both the wives are doing better, hope you all have many happy days left together yet!

Got to find me a woman who can put up with all this nonsense we do in this hobby. You are seriously two lucky blokes in that regard.

Hope everything works out with your health scares and you and all your loved ones have a happy Christmas.

Dan
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Now that we have gotten past quibbling about the vaccine, I am wishing the best for MRS C
Be well and get well
OVV
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

My wife is improving daily. After she recovers from this operation she will have a hip operation to remove arthritis as she is limited in her mobility. Currently not allowed to lift over 10 lbs.
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Good to hear Bushman. From my wife's hysterectomy I learned some patients undergo some 'rearranging' of parts due to the newly available space, requiring patience during recovery.

Please convey our thoughts for a full recovery to your wife.
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
NorthWoodsAb
Swill Maker

Post by NorthWoodsAb »

I just found this thread, a little late to the party as usual, best wishes to Mrs' Cranky and Bushman for full and speedy recovery. To Cranky and Bush you guys went beyond the call of duty. Fortunately few can appreciate how draining and demanding caring for a sick spouse really is. Kudos to you both. Now you can relax a bit, have a dram and get back to normal life with your wives. Just in time for Xmas.
Cheers