What is your 9 to 5??

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

rumbaba
Swill Maker

Re: What is your 9 to 5??

Post by rumbaba »

Chef by trade. Its not so much a 9-5 as a 9-5-10. Keep trying to find a new career path but the money keeps dragging me back, with a family and one on the way and all. Id pack it in in a flash if the decision affected only me.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Self employed Hvac commercial refrigeration and commercial and home appliances repair.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
mikejwoodnz
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by mikejwoodnz »

Retired Publican - hotels, pubs, nightclubs, restaurants - lifetime maker, seller, consumer of all things booze related - live in New Zealand and the Philippines - both very sunny places for shady people 8)
80 Litre SS Pot Still - Onion Head - 1.5 metre Copper Liebig - SS Fermenters
manu de hanoi
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by manu de hanoi »

programmer & project manager & business analist in IT software outsourcing, IT consulting, DJ, distiller, table tennissist, forum troll and with that mostly unemployed.
I use a sardius butterfly paddle with two yasaka rubbers. And my hair is short. i'm a sagitarius.
bugga
Novice

Post by bugga »

I am a Forest Ranger of 23 years, and still enjoying the work.
HartShot
Novice

Post by HartShot »

Drive a semi... spend 4 days a week hauling upper end ice cream. All the free product I want and i dont eat the stuff! Shoulda got a job driving the scotch truck!
The Chemist
Trainee

Post by The Chemist »

HartShot wrote: Shoulda got a job driving the scotch truck!
Bwahahahahaha!! Now that's funny, right there...

And I'll defecate down anyone's throat who derides truckers...my mother retired as one.
Purposeful motion, for one so insane...
manu de hanoi
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by manu de hanoi »

in the bad movie boss hog's running moonshine in fake ice cream trucks. or so am tole.
And I'll defecate down anyone's throat who derides truckers
I wonder what one'd get if he'd defecated in a trucker's throat then...
The Chemist
Trainee

Post by The Chemist »

manu de hanoi wrote:in the bad movie boss hog's running moonshine in fake ice cream trucks. or so am tole.
And I'll defecate down anyone's throat who derides truckers
I wonder what one'd get if he'd defecated in a trucker's throat then...
LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRX4mlFi06A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

C'mon manu...you've better English...

And my mother's carried a knife as long as I've known her...
Purposeful motion, for one so insane...
bourbonbob
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by bourbonbob »

I'm unemployed at present. I went to a party about a month ago and fell off a ledge and broke two bones in my foot ( I was dosed up on UJSM at the time ) I was employed as a maintenance man but was put off and replaced. I get the plaster off my foot in 9 days so maybe I will go try out my new rifle for a few weeks before looking for a new job.
Image Keep on Stillin' Image
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

Jesus bob, that's nasty. I'm going to build a rail around our veranda to avoid my repeating the very same thing. Fortunately there were no broken body parts in my incident, but a little bit of UJSM. It's dangerous stuff!!

blanik
Simple potstiller. Slow, single run.
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)
The Reading Lounge AND the Rules We Live By should be compulsory reading

Cumudgeon and loving it.
Rudi
Rumrunner

Post by Rudi »

I started out as an optical mechanic spent 8 years working as a dive instructor now I'm a skipper for the port driving tugs,dredges and survey boats. This is an interesting thread seems somtimes you guess other times way off. Keep em coming.
Such is life
Hack
retired

Post by Hack »

A few months ago I would have told you I was a custom home builder. The last house was a 7,000 square foot 1.2 million dollar beauty that took me and the guys almost a year and a half to build. Then we finished it and the next house fell through. With the economy and the housing market being what it is, work is scarce. I kept the guys busy as long as I could but was forced to lay them off a month or two ago. Now I'm bouncing along, working alone, taking care of little projects for friends and family, and what little comes along.

A few years back I got disillusioned with working construction so I went back to school and finally finished up my bachelors degree in computer science. I was pretty good at it. I even had a National Science Foundation Scholarship for Computer Science and Mathematics. Pretty fancy, but when I graduated I never seemed to get my foot in the door. It was one of those strange experiences where it felt like fate just closed all the doors and said you can't go this way right now. Since at that point, construction work seemed to be practically falling into my lap, and I had realized that I really enjoyed building things but didn't like the way some of the companies I had worked for worked, I started my own company.

By the way part of what got me into distilling was my senior computer science project. I built a fuel injection system for my Chevelle and used the megasquirt ecu for it. We then wrote our own tuning program for it. A plug the laptop in and tune the car with it while driving down the road type of thing. Anyway, supposedly just by changing one of the numbers in the ecu I can run my car on ethanol. The thing is once I got into this and discovered how much work distilling is I realized if I'm going to put this much work into it I'm not going to pour it in my gas tank. I'm going to drink it.
The Tippler
Novice

Post by The Tippler »

After 25 years in the Cash In Transit industry I decided to call it quits 6 months ago. Biggest job......half a billion,in one load after the Y2K scare. Now just talk to the cows,grow rock melons, pumpkins,and corn. Brew my beer 15 gal batches and soon as I get my heater I am going to heat the pot and see what this still can give me ............Cheers......Tippler
BUCK-O
Novice

Post by BUCK-O »

truck driver in an oilfield more money then over the road and i get to come home to the new bride every night
what goes up must be alcohol
maoule
Bootlegger

Post by maoule »

manu de hanoi wrote:I use a sardius butterfly paddle with two yasaka rubbers. And my hair is short. i'm a sagitarius.
Butterfly Clearfield w/sriver backhand, sriver G2 forehand. Recently returned to the sport and like the 40mm ball...it's easier to keep up with when you're old.
2" Bokmini, VM and potstill heads
7.75gal. & 15.5gal electric boilers
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Previous life, before a back injury, the automotive industry as a line mechanic, service manager, and nationwide troubleshooter for Chrysler... Present life, after the back injury, a self-employed computer consultant and software developer for the past 20+ years... I need to tinker, which is part of why I got into this hobby, as it keeps my ass from getting flat sitting in front of computers for what seems like 24/7...
Dr_T
Novice

Post by Dr_T »

Twenty-odd years as a cook, and a dozen other jobs including 'artilleryman'.
Now I work in a hospital, in a Level 3 NICU. Good, fun work, with a chance to help folks who need it.
"Get your shine on."
brewmaker1 wrote:This ain't Playboy. You have to actually read the articles in here.
grunger
Novice

Post by grunger »

Oil Exploration Geologist
one more then we'll all go...
glassman
Swill Maker

Post by glassman »

you can say i work with glass in all it's molten forms. scientific glassblower, artist, part time biker....or i should say motorcycle enthusiast now that i'm over 50. gman
jdonly1
Swill Maker

Post by jdonly1 »

glassman wrote:you can say i work with glass in all it's molten forms. scientific glassblower, artist, part time biker....or i should say motorcycle enthusiast now that i'm over 50. gman
Dont happen to ride a rocket 3 by any chance :?:
glassman
Swill Maker

Post by glassman »

harley softail classic.gman
big worm
Trainee

Post by big worm »

glassman wrote:harley softail classic.gman
nice job...yall hireing?
GOT BAIT?
small children left unatended will be sold as bait
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Dnderhead »

Precision welding / machinist (30 years)- diesel mechanic (35 years) -- retired ,,then well use your imagination.
libertyesq
Novice

Post by libertyesq »

criminal defense attorney
jdonly1
Swill Maker

Post by jdonly1 »

libertyesq wrote:criminal defense attorney
You might be a handy bloke to no :mrgreen:
jaidormi
Novice

Post by jaidormi »

Contract courier - deliver eyeglasses for an optics laboratory. Spent several seasons working on organic farms, moving onto one in the spring to raise chickens and pigs.
Stinker
Novice

Post by Stinker »

Chemical Plant Maintenance Manager
15.5 gallon boiler
2"X24" copper packed column
Liebeg Cond.
Two 2000 watt electric coils
ockernuey
Novice

Post by ockernuey »

Boat driver, here's a recent pic.
Attachments
whale.jpg
whale.jpg (32.36 KiB) Viewed 3211 times
idaz
Novice

Post by idaz »

I'm a nurse in intensive care.. and has seen enough of trauma, so now i'm going back to school.. to be a traindriver..
And eternity, my friend, is a long fucking time....