Popcorn sentenced

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Godstilla
Swill Maker

Popcorn sentenced

Post by Godstilla »

He got 18 months... starting as soon as the prison system is ready for him. Whatever the hell that means.
Husker
retired

Re: Popcorn sentenced

Post by Husker »

18 months is pretty close to what I had expected. Sux, but that is what happens when you try to sell, without greasing the mob (or the govt mob in this case).

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
minime
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by minime »

They seize his assets like they were threatning to do?
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

ru at the courthouse GodSt?

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
Godstilla
Swill Maker

Post by Godstilla »

Husker wrote:ru at the courthouse GodSt?

H.
No i'm on the other side of the country. My girlfriend got a call from his wife, and she called me at work. No assets seized. He won't know what federal pen he is going to for another 30 days.

Godstilla
smokerscully1
Swill Maker

Post by smokerscully1 »

Godstilla--was that a state or federal rap? I know a guy that got a federal beef--not moonshine but the other thing--he got 3 to 5 and only did 11 months secure custody the rest on house arrest. Evidently the fed prisons are overcrowded and they are letting the non-violent guys out way early.

People wonder why I hate the Government. People ask me why I still when I don't drink. I tell them the truth--cause its illegal.
Godstilla
Swill Maker

Post by Godstilla »

smokerscully1 wrote:Godstilla--was that a state or federal rap? I know a guy that got a federal beef--not moonshine but the other thing--he got 3 to 5 and only did 11 months secure custody the rest on house arrest. Evidently the fed prisons are overcrowded and they are letting the non-violent guys out way early.

People wonder why I hate the Government. People ask me why I still when I don't drink. I tell them the truth--cause its illegal.
I talked to his wife, and she said that Popcorn has to serve 85% of his time. Federal Rap.
bourbonbob
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by bourbonbob »

I hope he does his sentence easy. He will be able to show the inmates how to make decent booze. :lol:
Image Keep on Stillin' Image
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

im tole the convicted felon weapon charge is 1 year automatic.
so he got 6 months for the likker charges an the probation violation on likker charges.
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

is convicted felon weapon possession a fed offense, or a state offense? I thought this was up to the states, and some had different rules.

H.
Little Lukie
Bootlegger

Post by Little Lukie »

He will be serving his time in the Federal prison in Manchaster KY. 3 years federal probation when he gets out.A friend spent last weekend with him and says he's going down fast.He believes he won't make it 18 months in or out of prison.
smokerscully1
Swill Maker

Post by smokerscully1 »

My buddie was told since it was federal he had to serve minnimum 2/3--they even gave him a piece of paper with his release date on it--exactly 2 years from date of sentencing--after serving about 11months one day they came in and told him to go home they needed the bed.
I hope Popcorn gets the medical attention he needs and then maybe they kick him out early for medical reasons--trouble is some gov't beaurocrat might think he is high profile and decide to make an example of him.
big worm
Trainee

Post by big worm »

prison is not the place to get good medical attention, i wish him well and hope they need bed space.
GOT BAIT?
small children left unatended will be sold as bait
smeag
Novice

Post by smeag »

here's a repost of the link with Popcorn's affidavit: http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/tne/pr/2008/M ... Sutton.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
“What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.” -Bob Dylan
Hillbilly Rebel
Swill Maker

Post by Hillbilly Rebel »

Manchester FCI, as far as federal prisons go, is not a bad one. It is a medium security prison and one of the more recent ones built, somewhere around 1990. It is pretty nice. It also has a minimum security camp as part of it. But it is still a prison. They don't have a hospital in the prison but take their prisoners needing hospitalized to outside facilities. Hey Lukie, if Popcorn will put us on his list, we'll go visit him.
Little Lukie
Bootlegger

Post by Little Lukie »

Thats not bad idea.Also can he smoke in the joint?? If he can't he will be worse than a man getting off meth..That will kill him!!
Godstilla
Swill Maker

Post by Godstilla »

No kidding about the smoking! I just spoke with him on the phone and he isn't doing well at all. I didn't expect anything else, but it was still sad to hear.
Godstilla
Swill Maker

Post by Godstilla »

check this out: http://theknightshift.blogspot.com/2009 ... n-was.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
smokerscully1
Swill Maker

Post by smokerscully1 »

I wondered what Neal would have to say about it--he's posted on here before I think.
"Petty and Vindictive" pretty much sums up the Feds since 1790.
bourbonbob
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by bourbonbob »

How can they justify the use of video evidence from 20 years ago? sounds to me like he was sentenced before it went to court.
Image Keep on Stillin' Image
Godstilla
Swill Maker

Post by Godstilla »

Another thing that pisses me off is the talk of a felon in possession of a firearm. Yes, there were guns in the house, two antique pistols LOCKED in a safe. Popcorn used to sell antiques. Petty is right. Some of the laws in this country are just f***ed. Land of the free my ass.

I need a drink!
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

didnt he plead guilty
theholymackerel
retired

Post by theholymackerel »

Godstilla wrote:Another thing that pisses me off is the talk of a felon in possession of a firearm. Yes, there were guns in the house, two antique pistols LOCKED in a safe.
Sounds like pistols were a bad idea, as were the videos, and the idea to sell hooch wasn't too smart either.

As usual, when someone pubically says F U to the government and does it for everyone to see, they get the hammer dropped on them. If Popcorn wanted to live a different life, he would have. He lived the exact life he wanted, and he's gettin' what he knew would be his sooner or later.

Popcorn wanted the attention. He wanted attention BAD. He got what he wanted. Why cry about it?
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Ill save my hero worship for all the shinners who never got caught.Certainly not someone who's been that rude to my girlfriend.Do the crime pay the time he knew that.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Dnderhead »

I thought it was pretty dumb to start "cooking" when your on probation. then to walk away while the fire is still burning?

got to know "when to hold them, when to fold them and when to walk away.
junkyard dawg
Master of Distillation

Post by junkyard dawg »

and when to run...
this is the internet
smokerscully1
Swill Maker

Post by smokerscully1 »

HM and Tater are right--Popcorn ain't no hero and maybe even a little stupid.
What bothers me most about this is you got some highly edumacated and highly paid gov't employees that use the power of the federal gov't with all it's resources acting like they have done some good by gettin this ole hillman off his mountain and locked up in jail.
I'm a dual citizen so I get to critize both goverments--I vote in every election I'm entitled too.
Canada and the US have some serious problems--but an ole man with a couple of pistols and selling moonshine ain't one of 'em.
junkyard dawg
Master of Distillation

Post by junkyard dawg »

damn straight.
this is the internet
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

yup wont no call for that cute talk in mixrd company an aint somethin id be proud about hapenin.

as far as why they got him. hell he got himself. in election years an this economy folks is havein to justyfy there jobs an bugets. aint no astrics the box score reads - one more covicted felon on probation with a firearm off the street.

makein likker is the easy part not getin caught aint no part time job

so im tole
smeag
Novice

Post by smeag »

He didn't help the "for personal use cause"
Ripping off all the honest tax payers is crap talk when it comes to personal use, I pay sales tax on the supplies, parts, containers and Taxes on water, land, house, and the damn tax on gas and electricity.
“What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.” -Bob Dylan