iStill NextGen

Place for craft/micro distillers in all stages of build to show and share.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: iStill NextGen

Post by Odin »

Here's another iStill 5000. This one we will test with a potstill column configuration. This beast produces 200 liters of spirits per hour.

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
ea4be012-ba17-4bb1-b60a-01a0926b2259.jpg
e0255a8d-0fbc-4496-8331-d08a36aa593c.jpg
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Building another column cooler. For an iStill 5000. 12 inch diameter.

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
IMG_1391.jpg
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Fart Vader
Swill Maker

Post by Fart Vader »

Nice try Odin.
That's a nuclear power plant cooler.

You can't fool us!
My double walled boiler build: The Mashimizer. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=64980
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Haha!

Beware, later today I will introduce the Reflux Capacitor!

Regards, Odin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

As promised: the iStill Reflux Capacitor.

https://istillblog.com/2019/02/28/istil ... capacitor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
img_2814.jpg
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Picture of new customers from ... Indonesia. Craft brewer turns craft distiller.

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
img_2874.jpg
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Impressions of the iStill booth at the Denver 2019 ADI Convention:

https://istillblog.com/2019/03/19/istil ... on-denver/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
f68f05a1-a55d-4474-abbe-63cf7fb4a632.jpg
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Flying to Denver in just a few hours. Giving another course for some 16 new distillers.

Regards, Odin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Short video on the last iStill University course we did in the Netherlands:

https://istillblog.com/2019/03/24/video ... niversity/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Blackland Distillery opens up!

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
54279695_1019801941545345_4397293972704198656_o.jpg
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Here is a new product line for Scottish single malt whisky distillers:

https://istillblog.com/2019/04/01/scott ... ky-istill/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
copperistill.png
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

We sold close to 100 iStill Mini product development stills in under 8 months. 1.5 gallons. Column for potstill and fractionating still capability (up to 96%) and with the extractor. It comes with agitator and power management and reflux management (manual) included. We just started building the next batch of 50.

https://istillblog.com/2019/04/02/updat ... ilability/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Putting five more stills on transport today. Here is a few blog posts with the truck taking them to the crating company. The units go to the USA, to Australia, to France, and to Cyprus.

https://istillblog.com/2019/04/17/anoth ... tch-day-3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
IMG_3131.jpg
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

So how does that reflux capacitor work? Love the name by the way.
What are the bolts and chains for?
It doesn't seem to be under the column, is it like a bubble ball whose only job is passive reflux that is returned to the boiler?
Is this a joke?
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Our new line of fermenters gives craft distillers control over fermentation flavor development:

https://istillblog.com/2019/04/18/ph-co ... mentation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
img_3141.jpg
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

This is about me feeling proud, very proud today.

https://istillblog.com/2019/04/20/all-w ... -dull-man/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin
Attachments
586992f5-0eec-49a1-8f90-19fedac69cba-1.jpg
FLOB
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FLOB »

Nice! Congratulations on the win.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Thanks!

Here is an update on our product development still: the iStill Mini:

https://istillblog.com/2019/05/02/new-b ... ills-mini/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

We just started to build another batch of 50 units. Hard to keep on the lot, it seems. Very happy with the success, though.

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
IMG_3182.jpg
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Very nice, congrats to Regina and team Ajax!
A whole family of champions. :thumbup:
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Thanks mate, appreciate the kudos!

I am working on something new. Introduction in about a month from now ...

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
IMG_3208.jpg
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Another pic of what I am working on right now ...

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
fa4d7762-626e-4b17-8ed3-73abba4cd5ef.jpg
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Happy to inform you that we are finishing a new batch of 50 iStill Mini product development stills!

https://istillblog.com/2019/05/25/new-b ... ost-ready/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
IMG_3234.jpg
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Movie on our 4-day distilling class in Amsterdam:

https://istillblog.com/2019/05/31/istil ... impressum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

You’ve come a long way since my last visit to your place of work. Must be fun working with all these people excited to start a career in the industry. Where do most of your students come from?
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Hi Bushman ... this just means it is time you pay us another visit! You know you are welcome and we'll show you a great time, right?

Yeah, it has been an amazing ride. Uphill fight though, because our tech is disruptive. But by sticking to my beliefs, we have come far. Imagine we now build around 4 professional stills per week and the big seller is the iStill 2000 (520 gallon net capacity).

We educate around 200 distillers per year. The short movie was about the last class with 16 students from the USA, Netherlands, Croatia, Russia, India, Switserland, the UK, Bahrein, Sweden and Uruguay. I may have missed one nationality. A yes! An Australian as well!

We have invested in a professional laboratory as well as a distillery to help our customers out that need additional product development or production capacity. And most importantly, we have an amazing team, meaning I can delegate most of my work now. No more distillation runs, and no more product development or giving trainings. I cherry pick and can focus on overall management as well as innovation management.

Anyone from HD or North America over in the Netherlands? Do send an email and join us for a drink!

Regards, Odin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

So, we are launching a new product. Two actually. First, the iStill Nano, a one liter potstill that we offer to customers running a gin/whisky/whatever school for their customers. Second part is the all new iStill App via which we run the iStill Nano. It works via a Bluetooth thermometer probe. Loads that info on a second-to-second basis, then automatically corrects for air pressure (elevation, weather) and gives you recipes including cut points. Or you do your own run and save it and can repeat it from then onwards. The iStill App tells you when to cut for heads, hearts, and tails. I think the iStill Nano is a bit small for the average homedistiller, but the Bluetooth temperature probe in combo with the App may be an amazing addition to any still or any homedistiller, since it will work with a 100 liter still as easily as it does for the iNano.

Any feedback?

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
runscreen-concept.png
IMG_3258.jpg
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Four more craft distillers will develop their whiskey, gin, rum, vodka, liqueur and brandy recipes ... on the amazing iStill Mini Recipe Development Still:

https://istillblog.com/2019/06/14/our-r ... worldwide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
IMG_3266.jpg
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

Odin wrote:First, the iStill Nano, a one liter potstill
One liter charge, or 1l volume?
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Made to accomodate 1 bottle of wine or one bottle of vodka. Since these are 0.75 and 0.7 liters respectively, the gross content is (exactly) 1 liter.

Regards, Odin.
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

Odin wrote:Made to accomodate 1 bottle of wine or one bottle of vodka. Since these are 0.75 and 0.7 liters respectively, the gross content is (exactly) 1 liter.

Regards, Odin.
I hope you have your logic right. As you know, I been running minis since you posted your iconic OEG thread, but I just can't see running 750ml charges of wine as a good introduction to distilling for beginners. Even making gin in such small quantities is a PITA, I know because I've done that for rare botanicals.

My minis can take twice your charge and have the options of either a gin basket or Carter Head of the same volume stacked on top. They only make enough for a family of two gin lovers without me spending silly amounts of time running them, or running the gin as concentrate.