harley / Falbygdens Bränneri AB Sweden

Place for craft/micro distillers in all stages of build to show and share.

Moderator: Site Moderator

HDNB
Site Mod

Re: harley / Falbygdens Bränneri AB Sweden

Post by HDNB »

Bushman wrote:Always enjoy your posts and am looking forward to an update with pictures! :thumbup:
i'll second that! great post and the photos and explanations are tremendous. nice to see you are taking a serious run within the rules of your county.
Don't overlook anything! you don't want to get blocked out for life by some dumb misfortune of paperwork!
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Thanks for the nice words.

Have just started to rebuild an old insulated 300 liter milk tank to boiler.

Here you can see 3pc 4 " inputs to my 70cm long 5500watt single fas 240 volt ATEX / EX immersion heaters ( explosion proof with Atex/Ex certificate) with as low surface effect as 3,41watt ( must be below 4watt cm2) cm2 to meet the ATEX / EX demand/directive in the EU that all legally manufacture and user must follow,,,,, :crazy:

There will be a 3mm stainless steel top “hemispheric” On top for the foam expansion space.

Cheers from Sweden.
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

My 15pc ATEX/EX heaters have arrived at last…. :ebiggrin:

Here are 3pc 240 volt 5500 watt heating elements .... but it is only 1pc that is approved to ATEX / EX ( explosion proof) for use in distillation plants inside the EU and of course so is everything in the wet part of stainless ... .. and now maybe you all understand why I have 4 "connections in the boiler to the electricity cartridges. .... they are big/70cm long in the boiler and they have only 3,41watt cm2.

Of course, these are manufactured within the EU for the EU's demands ... :idea:

Cheers from Sweden
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Then was the hemispherical top welded.

I call this 300liters old milktank boiler for the Bullit....

Cheers from Sweden
Danespirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Danespirit »

Mycket bra...
Doesn't even describe the outstanding quality of this build.

For any non scandinavian "Mycket bra" means outstanding in swedish..
Hmm..."Bullitt" makes me think Steve McQueen...
Bullet...makes me think of a 9 mm firearm i used to have when i was in active service at the Danish airforce.
It looks like a 9 mm parabellum xxx large.. :lol:
TheMechwarrior
Bootlegger

Post by TheMechwarrior »

Looks like R2D2 to me :ewink:

Holy cow that heating element is something else!
What if you wanted 65kW??? I'm guessing you have to go for a stack of these elements as going for an 18kW element just wouldn't be possible?
Together Each Achieve More
My 2" VM build thread: http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 50&t=17956
6" FSD 4 plate bubbler on a 100L boiler
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Here you can se 2pc about 30kw,pc 400volt ATEX/EX heaters =about 60 000watt in a 600liters Forsynth copper spirit still and they are relly BIG, same size as the manhole….

This is in Sweden a whiskey distillery with the name Smögen Whisky.

It is a 2" pipe betveen the old ss milktank to left and the copperboiler so you can se the different in size....

So if you are legally manufacture inside EU and want to by a boiler for/with electric heating… than you need at least 4” connections… forget all boiler with smaller connections…

Cheers from Sweden
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

8pc 4” reflux cooler in copper hard solder and tig welded with a number of direction plates for cooling water path through these for maximum heating / cooling changeover

Cheers from Sweden
Scribbler
Rumrunner

Post by Scribbler »

Nice!! What is the inside diameter of the vapour tubes?

How tall is each unit?

Also... Will you use them seperately? Or are they going to be stacked into a single gigantic condenser?

They seem very very very big!!!!
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

It took a minute of head scratching to figure out the plumbing.
But why is there two valves on the condensers ?
alaric_m
Novice

Post by alaric_m »

Where did you buy ATEX proofed heating element this size? Were they made especially for you, or is it some regular element?
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Hope that this answer yours questions!

If a have gone for only 1pc crane then a have put 1pc of this mix valve after the crane so a can easy mix/control my reflux cooler with this mix valve.. but to start with a go for 2pc crane ( 1pc to reflux cooler and 1pc to dump.. and a can always plug 1pc crane and put in 1pc of this mix valve if a need to control my reflux cooler more exact later.. but remember that a have 3pc 5500watts element and 300-400liter of mash and 8” size in column…
Don’t forget that a must have ATEX/EX on all my electric parts… and the price for same stuff that are ATEX/EX classified is about 10-20 time more expensive than Note classified electric stuff.. so a go manually ….. and only have ATEX/EX classified electric heaters and safety valve…
I also have 1pc thermometer in the bottom/end of this product cooler after the “water cooling part” so a can read what the temp is on the alcohol/licuid before it go in to my parrot …
http://www.esbe.eu/it/en/products/rotary-valves/vrg130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

It is 8pc copper pipe about 65cm long 15mm ( outside dimension) copper pipe in this 4” product coolers cooling part and a have also same “copper sheet- end sheet” with 8pc 15mm hole in them spaced about 10-12cm apart with about 10mm of one corner cut away ( one to the left and next to the right) so the cooling water always must zig- zag around all copper pipe from the bottom to the top for maximum heating/cooling change…

And a shall also made 2pc in 4” ss but there a need to have about 15pc 15mm ss pipe and about 100cm long to have the same cooler/heat change when it is in ss….
Some people want ss in the product cooler and pipe after the reflux cooler, so a made it so the don’t get sorry….

Cheers from Sweden
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

alaric_m wrote:Where did you buy ATEX proofed heating element this size? Were they made especially for you, or is it some regular element?

This are so expensive and there is so many differents need and type so they all are made to/against order.

Here you have some links to company that sell ATEX/EX electric heaters with certificate for use inside EU..

They are not cheap but you Must have it inside EU if you are legally manufacture/ User….

My own have 5500watt 240 volt 3,1watt cm2 and are 700mm long with 10cm cold part in beginning, atex/ex cerificate valid for Class 1 Zone 1/2/21/22... and 2,5" BSP tread so 4" ferrule connections in the Boiler is a good size.

http://www.acim-jouanin.fr/anglais/ATEX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow ... _ATEX.html

http://www.exheat.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

http://www.cetal.com/en/hazardous-area-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow ... -area.html

http://www.fati.com/fati_eng/prodotti.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

http://www.athex.eu/en/contact.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

https://www.atexdelvalle.com/en/catalogs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Cheers from Sweden.
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

4 plates 8” sieve column for tasted product is finish for cleaning and after that a pressure test.

Cip head in the back…

Cheers från Fkp
alaric_m
Novice

Post by alaric_m »

Are you planning on insulating the boiler? I've just been wondering is it legal to insulate it in order to save some $$$ on heating power...
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

It is going forewards…

Cheers från Fkp
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Now it is almost zero power left in the citric acid bath, but it has passed some copper through it too ...

These 2pc 4 "reflux condenser ( to 2pc test plants) with side output has been in the bath over 5 days and tomorrow, I hope that they are clean ...

Time to change to new fresh bath ....

Cheers from Sweden
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

2 pc 4” reflux cooler is finnish one to the left and one to the right with the produktcooler…
Next is to build 2pc 100 liters ss boilers that issnt higher than 74cm and with 1pc of my 5500watt ATEX/EX classified electrik heater with 3,1 watt cm2 because the room issnt higher than 205cm to the roof…

Cheers from Sweden
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

At last my 2pc 3mm copper head have arrived with some 3mm ss hemisfäric head and "normally" head..
it shall be some boilers made in the future.. 800x800= 400 liter of mash with a lot of free space in the boiler over tghe mash for the foam controll...

Cheers from Sweden
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Next project is to let manufacture this in 2mm ss with ATEX/EX classified electric heaters and safety valve for a legally small manufacture here in Sweden..…

Cheers from Sweden
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Made from 2,0mm ss

Cheers från Fkp
InglisHill
Rumrunner

Post by InglisHill »

Happy birthday for today :-)
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Many Thanks. Now am only 51 years old :D

Here come todays work.

2,0mm SS boiler for about 112L and with 1pc 240 volt 5500Watt ATEX/EX heating element/3,1watt cm2 and also 1pc ATEX/EX classified safety valve…

Ps: Made in Sweden...

Cheers from Sweden
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Danespirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Danespirit »

WOW... :shock:

What a beauty...
Impressive craftmanship.
Is the bottom slight conical, to guide the waste to the drain..?

Edit: Ahhh..yes, just saw the drawing...20 mm from the center to edge.
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Many thanks Danespirit.

Soon a put on the 4” 8plates sieve column on top of this shiny 2,0mm ss boiler…

Made 1 pc input for the “flush/cleaning water” over the refluxcooler so they can clean this little 4” sieve plates column by back flushing it after the distillationen is finish… Yes a "think" that this plant is sold to a nother legally manufacture here in Sweden....

Cheers from Sweden.
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

I have received some questions about what it takes to get a facility that is approved for use in alcohol production in the EU ...
Inside EU we all Legally must follow this law/ demands to made and use distilling plants…
Simple explained…
ATEX/EX classified electric heaters and a safety valve that also are ATEX/EX classified and Below 0,5bar/kg and NO other electric parts on the boiler or Inside the ATEX/EX zone around the boiler…..

http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/sectors/ ... nes_en.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/sectors/ ... nes_en.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

If you have anyting more electric on the boiler ore inside the ATEX/EX zone it Must be ATEX/EX classified and that is wery,wery expensive parts.....

Cheers from Sweden
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Copper together with shiny ss is a lovley combination….

Cheers from Sweden.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

It is obvious my next trip to visit our cousins in Norway I have got to make a trip to visit you in Sweden. Always beautiful work Harley! :thumbup:
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Love your craftsmanship Harley!

I hope one day you will tackle a steam heated boiler so we can follow the design and build with you!
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.