harley / Falbygdens Bränneri AB Sweden

Place for craft/micro distillers in all stages of build to show and share.

Moderator: Site Moderator

harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

harley / Falbygdens Bränneri AB Sweden

Post by harley03 »

Thanks Tater

That a and more legally destiller are welcome here on this forum, becouse it is on forum that a lot of the
equipment development happens and the more peopel they are the more different approaches can be obtained in different solutions and you have to give to get in my world....

I am Harley from Sweden. :wave:

A share with me a lot of my own personally ideas and facts that I have learned through other commercial builders and users, but remember this is only my personally idea and calculation!

We all do what we personally think is best.... It,s a free world!

For those of you who do not know, I am a lawful manufacturer of equipment and spirits here in Sweden and I let build all my equipment locally here in Falköping where I live and operate.

I have to date not sold any equipment to someone else, but inquiries are from potential customers here in Sweden and should someone buy something from me , they have to have all the permits etc ...
Sweden is the country with probably most rules in the world, but it is just to adapt ...

I intend in the future to produce single malt whiskey and also single malt vodka for it the only thing that you can get paid for here where I live and is effective ...

For the moment I'm working on and build and develop my equipment so it is as perfect as I can get it to start with , and I will be completely honest , I have " snowed " in a bit on this to develop the equipment in front of the alcohol production ... but that is more interesting and less work...

Vodka , I will produce on an 8 " 20pc plate sieve plates for the fastest in relation to their column diameter and sieve plates are self draining when I wash it after finishing distillation .. and who wants to climb up 4-5 meter in the air and open the taps at each bubbelcaps plate at each washing , not me with my bad knees anyway.

I will also fabricate an 8 "plate that it will stand 4pc 3" pipe on and that will be about 1.25 m high and these 4pc 3 "pipe means he will be filled with SPP ( for pure vodka prodution) from Odin, I must just try this and compare it both in taste % and speed later...

Whisky will be manufactured at 3pc 12 " bubbelcaps plate with a larger number of small bubbelcaps per plate to begin with , later even an 8" / 20cm giant bubbelcaps be manufactured and assembled at a new 12 " 3 plates copper column to compare the taste transport and speed .. and also a 8” 3 plate column with 1pc 133mm big bubbelcaps per plate, yeas a m little crasy, but this is fun to build and a love copper...

I will also produce 1pc 8 "3 plates whiskey column to stand on a 300liters bolier so I can sell a 30-liter whiskey barrels and that includes even the production of the / those who purchase this package , with any grain that they want. and "they/ the guest" shall produce this whisky together with me..

Next larger projects is to produce a so-called " malt robot" so I can buy my grain directly from the farmer and malting it myself and even smoke some of it ..
Price of unmalted barley directly from the farmer here in Sweden is about 1.1 skr per kg and if I buy malted barley from the big manufacturers, it costs about 6-7 skr per kg ... so you see that the profit becomes large and also traceability / local production is important in the board, all the steps.

My English is not so good but I use Google as translation software, and sometimes things get a little crazy for those who read this ...

I hope that you all to be patient with my bad English and question rather a time for much of anything is unclear and possibly misinterpreted ...

Therefore it is easier for me to post pictures with little text than to write much ...
My company name is : Falbygdens Bränneri AB and here you have my own tread on the Swedish brewery forum if someone want to se some “old” picktures. :

http://www.bryggforum.nu/viewtopic.php? ... &start=675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Cheers from Sweden.
Last edited by harley03 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: harley / Falbygdens Bränneri AB Sweden

Post by harley03 »

Update:

I have worked a bit this weekend and decided that my 4 "/ 108mm high shingle bubbelcaps with my rough pattern has a total transmittance of 6.6% of the column diameter.

Would I have the same pattern on a 133mm large bubbelcaps this would yield about 8.8% by the drop of the column diameter.

Now it is 6.6% more than what sd, s bubbelcaps plate allows with 16 bubbelcaps and 3st rebounds for it gives about 5.5% in permeability of the column diameter.

We'll see what becomes of the type of tiles and the size of bubbelcaps that it ends with! but this copper column with cip and drainage that I should build next time in 8 "will have 3x plates, and be designed for whiskey production and sit atop a 300liters Converted from an old milk tank that will have 3x 5500watts elements and the idea is that this will be "guest burner" and I'm chasing maximum flavor for maximum flow ...

I think I'm that 8.8% that a 133mm bubbelcaps provide may be "too good" and require more power than my 16,500 watts to spread the bubbles out evenly around the whole of this gigantic bubbelcaps ... but I'm eager to try it, so we get see what happens: roll:

Cheers
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

12 "/ 30cm 3 plates whiskey column with CIP and drainage of the plates cleaned and ready for installation

Cheers
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

update:

A little candy cups have become clear then later, it goes slowly forward.

1st 12 "" whiskey "column entirely of copper with 3 destillationsplattor with a large number of small cups of bubble caps fitted through these large 4" sight glass.

More photos on this 12 "whiskey column comes as it becomes ready, it must also be installed CIP head over each plate and evacuation / drainage via drainage pipes ...

12 "reflux condenser is ready and standing by 2x 8" reflux condenser all these 3 pieces with 2 "side exit to build the smallest possible height and then it is much better looking too .... Fancier piping makes it also ...

Cheers
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

8 "product cooler ready with a large number of baffles / the direction signs inside for control of cooling water for maximum cooling efficiency, water is cheap but not free ...
Here you can also see my old rebuilt 500/600 liter insulated milk tank, that shall be boiler with a copper cone with no reflux ball (I'm chasing maximum flavor) and a Lynne arm, all in the vapor phase in copper and of course so are all the electric heaters in the back , at the rear of boliern.

Commercial 8 "product cooler x 100 cm in the" wet end "work in progress.

Continuing to produce the 1st 8 "+1 pcs 12" bottom parts and copper cone on the boiler and Lynne arm then cleaning and assembly begins, 2 "copper pipes between all these different parts pulled later on space in the distillery when everything is weighed out and set-up permanently.

Cheers
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Some of my own free thoughts on the future and what I think I will build in the ( soon) future.

A relly don’t need so big as 12” are, a only build it because a want to test this size with many small bubbelcaps also with many small steam outlet in the cap ( the old style) and compare it with a 12” and a 8” big single bubble caps column with a 133mm / 200mm single bubbelcaps in a 8” with low rough saw pattern ( the new German style) this shall give more taste in less distillation time and also less foam on the plate, they say....

I personally think that 8” column size is good for up to about 500liter if you have more than 6% of column diameter thro all steam outlet together.. and this I think is the future with I pc single big bubbelcaps with a low rough saw pattern that have a steam outlet about 6,5%/104mm cap and 8.8%/ 133mm cap of column diameter with same pattern...

Yes, this is "the secret" to build a good working destillations column that you have more than 5% in all steam outlet together, 5% is the bottom line and i think that 6% is rely on the "safe side" of the column diameter...

Look at Kothe “aroma column” and Carls and more Germans manufactures and a think that thay all today is going for 1pc big bubbelcaps with this low rough saw pattern and they call it "aroma plate", this must be for a reason more than it is cheaper and faster to build like this with only 1pc big caps…

Follow this link and look at the bottom of the page so you can see what it looks like inside a Kothe column, it foam nothing on a kothe plate with 1pc giant bubbelcaps and a coarse low sawtooth pattern ... Worth thinking about ...
http://www.nerconsult.com/kothe.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

For vodka a still think that a good sieve plate is outstanding in performance and it is also self draining, that a relly like for my body dont like to go up in about 4,5 meter in the air and open all drain crane on eath plate after every time a have use it...

But i am still in my building/constuction time for my equipment and a dont destill anyting yet , maybe a change thinking later when am up and running...
Cheers
Last edited by harley03 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Merry Christmas to you all from Falbygdens Distilleries Ltd in a no snow Falköping.

Copper is a very nice material, easy to shape and affect the taste very positive.
Here you see how simple it can shape the copper so it can clamp plates in this track before hardsolder together the rolled plate to the pipe in the back and then the plates are 100% flat and has again "ugly" threaded rod visible ... a tip just use stainless hose clamps around the tiles outsides and not galvanized when you are putting together the "package" before brazing the back of galvanized discolor the copper off the heat ...

And so we must have a picture of a Zündapp ks 125 as well, otherwise it is not the wheels complete;-)
Zündapp, Whisky and pure Vodka thats life...

Cheers
Last edited by harley03 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
humbledore
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by humbledore »

I enjoy your posts Harley but some of those links to images on forumbilder.se don't work for me. I go to the site but see no pictures. But keep up the good work.
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Thank you

Strange that you do not see the image directly on the link / forum because I always choose this option, so the images will remain on the forum and does not disappear after a while ..

I see all the pictures perfect directly into each post without clicking on something, do not you do this?

Cheers
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Your link worked for me as did most of the images. The images in your 5th and 6th post however did not come through as I don't think we have access to the link.
humbledore
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by humbledore »

Yes now they are all working for me except post #6. For some reason that is still an URL link to forumbilder.se.
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Is still post nr 6 ( last post with pictures) pictures wrong?

I have change the links and now a hope that they are working, but for me they was working before also.

Cheers
humbledore
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by humbledore »

Yes I can see the images in post #6 now. Thanks for clearing that up, nice work!
OlympicMtDoo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by OlympicMtDoo »

Beautiful pictures and a good read as well, Thanks harley
Sometimes I wonder why is that Frisbee getting bigger......and then it hits me.
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Thanks for this cind words,

Happy new year to you all!

Some more ”old ”foto/pictures…

So it was a sketch on an 8 "- 203mm bubbelcaps plate with only 1st giant bubbelcaps, yes all proportions - Flows - volumes are calculated and adapted to Swedish copper, except the low serrated pattern ... And I will personally put me over 6 % volume - total emission of the column volume ... the rest flows - the volume is over 10% all the way in this giant bubbelcaps ....

There is also a place to pick up a CIP head in the back for washing after completion of distillation ...
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Here you can see an end to an 8 "reflux condenser, and also an end to a 12" reflux condenser, the gap in the middle is the 1st plug sensor for the automatic reflux control.

Here you see a 12 'bubbelcaps plate designed for Sd, s bubbelcaps (the new model that I've designed, I lie even behind their "Crystall dragon ", I also "invented" it) but now they get no more ideas from me that's for sure because they're just looking to make the most money on so cheap/ low quality products as possible....only it is shiny so they're happy, but like much else from china so is the function itself secondary ...

Cheers
Last edited by harley03 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

8 "sieve plate with 1.5 mm holes in 5mm pattern. (Maximized number)

Cheers
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

8 "plate for 1st 120mm giant bubbelcaps.

Cheers
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

8 "plate for the 18st sd bubbelcaps and 1st return

4 "connection for 1" thread of 5500 watt heater cartridge to 4 "clamps.

This will be a 100% tight "box" for both air and water for electricity connections ... and it's quick to remove them for replacement or cleaning.

Cheers
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

The pipes for 2p reflux condenser in 8 "brazed into the ends.

Cheers
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

This is what the column after being bathed in three days, in an old bathtub with water and a little citric acid and here you see my own manufactured cip head for cleaning of each destillationsplatta after finishing distillation, this is a MUST for daily use and comersiell manufacturing and we all know, the sieve plates is SELF draining .... ;-)

Cheers
Last edited by harley03 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Here you can see all parts for my 20pc plates sieve column.

From right 1st 10 plates section + 1pc 6 plates section + 1st 4 plates section.

They stand upon down in the picture and there is no sight glass for the top plate of each section, did not fit if I Skulla have exactly the same dimensions all the way between the tiles and the ceiling in the room had tagot mind if I increased the overall length .... more

Here I have put together these 3 pieces of columns.

Here you see the bottom part with 2 "intake and also concerning the return - reflux into the boiler.

And here you see the bottom part standing on bench

Now you should all get an idea of how it will look like and how loud this 8 "20 plates sieve column will be, reflux was taken on top of it together pledged the column so it becomes more about 35cm higher ...

This was some "old" foto/ pictures and have a relly nice and happy new year to you all..

Cheers from Sweden.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Hi Harley,

Any updates on your SPP packed vodka rig?

Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

Beautiful work Harley!
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Your work makes me want to definitely try to get up to Sweden this fall after visiting Odin. Keep the pics coming!
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Hello everyone,

I've taken some time off and just keep on with my zündapp ,yes a collect them, and also tuning them to max power to clear my head from all calculations on columns and plates. for everything to my distill plants is already on paper, next is mashtune and after that a shall manufacture/ make so I can malting myself ... even smoke the barley in connection with this... ..

Here you can se my Swedish Zündapp site ; https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Svens ... 6498975121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

I have a machine shop that also had a bit much with other things to other people to make, so then it suited well for me to take a "time off" but soon I started again because I've been on leave/holliday for 2 months from Distillery and all that where belong to .. and now the feeling to develop new things start to come again in my head..... but this time a shall NOTE give anything away for free to SD ore some other Kines manufacture... No WAY...

But the more I work with Chinese material, the more tired I become on China and their poor material composition as production precision .. but shiny is it, that no one can deny .but put them so-called stainless steel pieces in salt water and you will see what happens ...... Nuts .

Ps. Odin a shall soon take a contakt with you again for a need some SPP becouse this is the future for pure vodka manufacturing for microdestillery and it dont need so hight space to the roof as usually plates there you need att least 20pc....

Cheers from Sweden
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

Some update!

4”/108mm copper sightglass ( made in sweden) with 12mm pyrex glass.

Last edited by harley03 on Fri May 23, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

harley03
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by harley03 »

2pc 8” copper column with cip/sprayhead and drain and 1pc with 1pc homemade big bubbelcaps and 1pc with many small bubbelcaps to compare this 2 differents caps later…