iStill NextGen

Place for craft/micro distillers in all stages of build to show and share.

Moderator: Site Moderator

dieselduo
Rumrunner

Re: iStill NextGen

Post by dieselduo »

that is absolutely beautiful :clap:
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Thanks Diesel!

Here's another unit. This is a much smaller iStill 100 NextGen. It was picked up earlier this week and is on its way to Canada. Soon to be joined by an iStill 500 NextGen. The 100 will serve as testing and product development still and do smaller batches of specialties as well. The 500 will be the craft distillery's main still. They'll make whisky with it.

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
IMG_1573.JPG
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Here are a few pictures of Jude and Peter putting their still on its location in their distillery:

https://istillblog.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... istillery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

We are currently making spirits with the 4.5 kW manual iStill 100 NextGen!

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
IMG_1576.JPG
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Tomorrow we are shipping two more iStills 100 NextGen. One will go to Australia, the other to Canada. Both are manual versions and come with a 3.5 and 4.5 kW heater. The third unit in the picture will go to Canterbury in the UK, once the new automation and robotization is ready.

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
IMG_1575.JPG
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

How's this for easy transport of the iStill 100 NextGen? Just take your pallet truck and move it around ...

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
IMG_1580.JPG
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

iStill Rum Distillery on Orkney!

https://istillblog.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... llers-ltd/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Amen!

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
2017-01-08 11.13.21.jpg
2017-01-10 11.54.57a.jpg
Ma Flodder
Novice

Post by Ma Flodder »

Interesting, I only bless them on the inside with vinegar :angel:

Did you get many registrations for the workshops at the start of 2017? Can't wait to come!

Ma.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Which one(s) do you come to, Ma?

I think the white spirits (gin and vodka) and the three day workshops are fully booked now. Introduction and brown spirits have got some free spots still.

Regards, Odin.
Ma Flodder
Novice

Post by Ma Flodder »

Luckily I secured a place at all three of them :thumbup:
The individual days that is, not the combined three day session - no need for certification :shh:
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Some of my ancestors would be horrified by the blessing of the still.
Strictly teetotal methodists.
Geoff
The Baker
Ma Flodder
Novice

Post by Ma Flodder »

Many moons ago I had my Lotus Esprit blessed in Scherpenheuvel(Belgium). That was fun! They actually say that you can get (almost) anything blessed that's important in your life... Now how do I get that 8" 20 plate column there without raising suspicion from the law :problem:

Back on topic (a bit), any other people from this forum going to Odin's workshops?
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Some pics from Scotland!

Odin.
Attachments
IMG_1619.JPG
IMG_1623.JPG
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Back in the Netherlands, where the iStill Center will see an introductionary workshop on advanced distillng tomorrow. As you can see it's quite crowded at the assembly hall. About eight iStills 500, two iStills 100, and one iStill 2000 that we are currently building up. And, not on the picture, we are already building another batch of five i500's, two i2000's, and two i5000's.

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
IMG_1644.JPG
Ma Flodder
Novice

Post by Ma Flodder »

Odin wrote:Back in the Netherlands, where the iStill Center will see an introductionary workshop on advanced distillng tomorrow.
It was great! Although I've been distilling for quite a few years I picked up loads of interesting ideas, especially improvements for my fermentations. I've just bottled my "cheese eater" gin (Beefeater clone) to bring to the next course "Distilling white spirits" :shh:

Ma.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Thanks Ma! Glad you liked it. It was great meeting you and I am looking forward to trying your gin.

All, here's a link with some pics of the new plc/computer system we are currently developing for the iStill 100 NextGen.

https://istillblog.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... 0-nextgen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Here are two pictures of Scott and Brandon picking up their iStill 2000 NextGen (530 gallons) and driving it to their distillery in NC!

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
20170131_094800.jpg
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Making Archangel Gin in Norfolk, England!

https://www.facebook.com/odiniStill/vid ... 7238572259" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

In Ireland we are making vodka today! Can anyone tell what's going on?

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
IMG_1693.JPG
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Ah, such a boring life. Monday or Tuesday I am going to do a run on this baby: an iStill 2000 NextGen.

:thumbup:

Regards, Odin.
IMG_1709.JPG
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

IMG_1702.JPG
And here's iSill Mechanic William helping with the assembly of the i2000 ...

Regards, Odin.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Is that at your new facility or for a customer?
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

That's my new facility, Bushman. The assembly hall, to be more precise.

We currently have three buildings in operation. The Office, where you have been and where we used to have a small distillery on the first floor and offices on the floors above. This is now all offices, well, with some gin and barrels and one tiny still left. The Factory, where we build and weld and laser stuff and do insulation. And, across the street, Assembly, where we assemble and test and dispatch our units from.

Regards, Odin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

https://istillblog.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... y-set-ups/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Pics of the two distilleries we helped set-up last few days.

Regards, Odin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

All right. Working on another batch of five iStills 500 and two iStills 2000 in the iStill Factory. After that its two iStills 5000 ...

Here is a pic:
img_3782.jpg
Regards, Odin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Did some more tweaks yesterday on a new cooler and collection system. Great results! We can now run the iStill 500 NextGen (as well as all the other units) at full power all the way. The column (5 inch diameter) easily handles 18 kW. And so does the cooler.

Regards, Odin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Factory outlet delivery of an iStill 500 NextGen. This unit can mash, ferment, and distill any drink you want. The distillery will is based in Veghel, the Netherlands.

Regards, Odin.
Attachments
IMG_1757.JPG
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Here's a short video of a vodka run I am doing on the iStill 500 NextGen. We are getting 18 liters per hour at 96.5%.

https://www.facebook.com/odiniStill/vid ... 5473914107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regasrds, Odin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Schouten Distillery is setting up its distillery equipment!

https://istillblog.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... istillery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.