Old Copper Road Distillery

Place for craft/micro distillers in all stages of build to show and share.

Moderator: Site Moderator

fqu8847
Swill Maker

Re: Old Copper Road Distillery

Post by fqu8847 »

Foundation plan approved late January, and we now have footers in the ground. About to start putting in the actual concrete slab by the end of this month. Then we can set the rest of the epoxied anchor bolts and erect the building! So excited to finally make some progres! Several months behind schedule and several thousand over budget, but damned if we aren't moving forward!!!
Ducktown, TN 37326
DSP- Pending
fqu8847
Swill Maker

Post by fqu8847 »

Got some big ideas and decided to wind a double helix out of 25' of 1/2" OD copper tubing. First time on such a big diameter tubing, but actu ally happy with it!
Attachments
2018-06-10 23.52.46.jpg
2018-06-10 23.52.24.jpg
2018-06-10 23.52.02.jpg
Ducktown, TN 37326
DSP- Pending
hellbilly007
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hellbilly007 »

Sounds like you're gaining some momentum on this project. I'm happy for you.

I was in your neck of the woods all last week, going back n forth from Knoxville to Jasper, AL. Is the distillery near US-74?
fqu8847
Swill Maker

Post by fqu8847 »

We are actually right off the side of US HWY 74 which is known as "River Road" or HWY 64 in Ducktown! Of you came down the Hiwassee River, you came right by us! There's a BP station on the left and a Shell station on the right not long after you get past the White Water center on that road. We are the empty lot with the fence beside the Shell station!
Ducktown, TN 37326
DSP- Pending
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

What kinda still you plan to operate, products?

Been looking into this venture myself, fortunately I own the property and is zoned commercial.

Good luck moving forward,
Shine0n
fqu8847
Swill Maker

Post by fqu8847 »

Thanks, shine0n! I appreciate that!
We will be operating an upscaled ccvm setup. The kicker is I will have 3 of them! 100g each with a 4" x 24" reflux column. I should be able to pull around 90% reasonably quickly and will have a few different head types so as to make whiskeys, bourbons, and the like. Working on a (hopefully) major waste product management idea as well as a prototype experimental rack house design. If I can get them both approved through the planning committee I will be off and running.
As for products I have recipes for two versions of whiskey, two bourbon grain bills, and a "moonshine" which will also have several different flavors if I can get them all approved.
Just have to scale them up to my desired size and run QC to assure they are up to my expectations when scaled up so much.

If you ever decide to take the plunge I will be more than willing to help if you so desire! You're part of the way there with owning the land and being zoned correctly!
Ducktown, TN 37326
DSP- Pending
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Very much appreciated, I know I'll have many questions and headaches along the way but will be worth it in the long run as long as I keep my nose to the grindstone. We're working up a very detailed business plan now.

I've also gotten the waste disposal plan in action with the local and not so local farmers.