Waste Product Disposal?

Place for craft/micro distillers in all stages of build to show and share.

Moderator: Site Moderator

fqu8847
Swill Maker

Waste Product Disposal?

Post by fqu8847 »

Have a draft of the sewage permit the local authorities have concocted... seems a little restrictive to me, so I want some input and any permits you all might have along with your current waste removal practices .

Believe I may just use the wastes to enrich local compost, as well as fertilizer and feed stock. Give it away free and it will help the community and cost us essentially nothing.
Old Copper Road Distillery
Ducktown, TN 37326
DSP- Pending
fqu8847
Swill Maker

Re: Waste Product Disposal?

Post by fqu8847 »

Here is the drafted permit:
Attachments
Old Copper Road Distillery Permit.pdf
(391.36 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Ducktown, TN 37326
DSP- Pending
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

the big dogs use centrifugal dewaterers. the ones i've seen in use were 300,000 USD each (i had to ask). They sell dewatered grain for 150USD per tonne

small screw presses are effective and efficient and start around 30,000 USD (vincent corp)

i have not found a dewatering solution that is efficient enough at a more reasonable price...which means i'm building my own mini-screw!

i'd like to feed the cows with dewatered grain, it's just easier to handle... but for now i just pour the whole works on the ground and they get what they get. the critters and my fat lazy ass dog get the rest.

any cow farmer will take the slops off you for free, just pump it into a plastic IBC tote and they can go home and open up the tap and let'r rip. hog farmers too.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
bluefish_dist
Distiller

Post by bluefish_dist »

The ph limits will be tough. My water is about 6 ph right from the tap. Will definitely mean a ph post treatment for all waste water.
Formerly
Dsp-CO-20051
fqu8847
Swill Maker

Post by fqu8847 »

There is a guy on ADI that is working on a prototype recycling plant. Gonna see what he has planned. May invest some money with him for the plans. Other than that we are looking for farmers to approach when the time comes. Thinking of pretreating in the IBC tote prior to giving away the slop. At least that's the plan right now...
Ducktown, TN 37326
DSP- Pending
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

what pretreatment would you give the slops?

i ain't killed nothing but grass with what comes out the still (yet :shifty: ) the effluent sinks to ground quick and the grain protein and fibre just disappears and the cows and the dog get fatter.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
fqu8847
Swill Maker

Post by fqu8847 »

We are gonna be doing predisposal pH treatment. Looking in to other needed treatments at this time. It is my understanding that pH adjustment is all that's needed.
Ducktown, TN 37326
DSP- Pending
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

was looking at alibaba for screwpresses recently, they don't seem to steep.
was looking for inventory for my imaginarry distillery
Don't be a dick
MechEngineer_81
Novice

Post by MechEngineer_81 »

L. Dilution of wastewater in order to meet effluent concentrations is a violation of CBUD's
Sewer Use Ordinances.

I found this line funny. there is an old saying in waste water " the solution for pollution is dilution"

another option for dewatering is a stationary wedgewire screen solids seperation screen to do prelimiary solid seperation then use a cheap bag filter housing sized to catch solids for a certain sized spent grains tank. alot more manual and messy but also alot cheaper than a screw or rotary screen.
fqu8847
Swill Maker

Post by fqu8847 »

I think I have my waste streams under control. Will post more once I get it approved through the local government.
The local water company has already given consent with the stipulation that the city approves my blueprints for the waste stream recycling facility. Working on getting those drawn up now.
Ducktown, TN 37326
DSP- Pending