DSP distance from residential home?

Place for craft/micro distillers in all stages of build to show and share.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Prairiepiss
retired

DSP distance from residential home?

Post by Prairiepiss »

Ok I seen in another post mentioned 50 foot and another post 100 foot or more. I am looking to put the DSP on our farm. Eventually If and when it happens? And I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row. I am currently in the works of planning to build a second cabin on the farm. And it would be near where I want to eventually put the actual DSP. And it would be close to 100 foot. And I think I might be able to keep the 100 foot distance. But. Want to make sure that 100 foot is what is required. Because if I build this cabin and 100 foot is not enough. I will be screwed on putting the DSP where I want to. Sorry I haven’t dug to deep into the needed research. As I am not really to that point yet. I have a lot of other things to get into place first.
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: DSP distance from residential home?

Post by Deplorable »

I believe its going to vary by state.
We were just talking about this Sunday night at the winery. Seems the state level bureaucracy is worse than the federal level.
Good luck PP.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
hellbilly007
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hellbilly007 »

Might I ask, what is a DSP? The only one I'm familiar with is digital signal processor, for audio
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

i'm in a different country...but if you think state is worse than federal, wait until you try and get this past the locals in municipal planning.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
dunluce
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dunluce »

hellbilly007 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:56 pm Might I ask, what is a DSP? The only one I'm familiar with is digital signal processor, for audio
Distilled Spirits Plant I believe.
hellbilly007
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hellbilly007 »

dunluce wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:04 pm
hellbilly007 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:56 pm Might I ask, what is a DSP? The only one I'm familiar with is digital signal processor, for audio
Distilled Spirits Plant I believe.
I should've known that :crazy: Thanks
dunluce
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dunluce »

hellbilly007 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:36 pm I should've known that :crazy: Thanks
Could have been "Dunder S*** Pit". :lol:
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

PP you might have to call them and ask. if they give you the answer you are looking for, get it in writing.
be water my friend
MtRainier
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MtRainier »

Assuming you're in the US, you might post on the ADI forum asking. The answer you'll get there is probably, "it depends", though. You will probably have to do a detailed plan to show around to everyone to get their signoff, not just build it and hope they all fall in line.

You have to deal with multiple levels of authority, not just TTB. The TTB will care if they have full access to the property at all times, which isn't quite the case if it's residential. Local authorities will care about zoning on the property and other things. Fire marshall will care about construction standards related to fire protection, of course. You might also run into food safety local folks if you play to do any tasting there in the future.