US Based Quinoa Peruvian Vodka

Place for craft/micro distillers in all stages of build to show and share.

Moderator: Site Moderator

flyhigher87
Novice

US Based Quinoa Peruvian Vodka

Post by flyhigher87 »

Hey Guys,
Hope all is well. My name is Jonathan Tourgee, I am an American who has been living in Peru for the last 5 years. I was an advid home distiller for years, before I opened a small distillery in Peru. We are a Quinoa based vodka(which has more flavor than any commercial vodka you have ever tried) which has won awards in every competition we have entered. www.qurivodka.com I want to bring the product QURI Quinoa Peruvian Vodka to the United States and have incorporated and trademarked the brand in the US as a US company.

Long story short I am raising capital and selling equity to get going in the US. Bottles are in transport as of 8/20/21 and will arrive early October. We have already raised $150k. I hope I do not offend anyone by posting this here. But I really do believe it is a wonderful and different brand and that it is a great opportunity.

So if you want to support a fellow (previous) home distiller gone pro. And you want to be an owner of a Spirit brand. Please, check us out.

https://www.startengine.com/qurivodka

I am always available to talk if you have any questions. Also, other craft distillers if you have questions about equity crowdfunding I am happy to help you out and guide you through the process.

email: jtourgee@qurivodka.com
contrahead
Trainee

Re: US Based Quinoa Peruvian Vodka

Post by contrahead »

I ran into this thread before finishing my second cup of coffee this morning. And so before the caffeine settled in I had a brief senor moment or brain fart – so to speak.

Subconsciously I had confused quinoa with cinchona.. Cinchona; quinoa. Quinoa is still a fairly unrecognized grain in our northern hemisphere, but it is beginning to show up more frequently on some supermarket shelves. Cinchona on the other hand is an alkaloid derived from a South American tree bark, which has been used as an anti-malaria drug since the 17th century.

The case for using cinchona as a botanical in gin, might actually make a lot of sense. (From the 1830s about 100,000 French soldiers were sent to North Africa to protedt French interest. Most got sick from mosquitoe bites and were given bitter formulations of both quinine and wormwood to fight malaria fever. When they eventually returned to France they brought back with them a tolerance or preference for concoctions using these bitter tasting alkaloids. To the point that a demand developed for sweetened , akaloid spiked liqueurs, which would cause what would become called the “Absinthe Craze”. “By 1849, 26 distilleries in France were producing about 10 million litres of absinthe”. Alcoholism was renamed - “absinthism”. British soldiers too were to grow extremely fond of their “Gin & Tonics” for the same reasons).
--------------------->
Hello Jonathan. From your weblink I see that you are a chemical engineer, and as such you are eminently more qualified than I to discuss certain topics. I wish you and your company much success.

One thing that I have no shortage of is opinions; and I often give them away freely. If opinions equated to dollars then I'd be a billionaire today. I hope you will not be offended or discouraged by some of the little constructive criticisms that I am about to offer.

Your Startengine.com website for QURI Vodka Inc. looks slick and professional. I guess that investing in such advertising is the proper way to succeed in today's online world; as newspapers, periodicals and magazines spiral in decline. Yet the tone of the website struck me personally, as being decidedly 'fluffy' and superficial.

The little flowchart that appears early in the web-page is a case in point, of 'fluff '. Numbered 1-7, items #1 and #2 brag about your quinoa being grown only from one family farm, and that you mill it all yourself. Who cares? (Probably only asinine tree-huggers and liberal elitist who buy all their groceries from only organic food stores; but whom could never be bothered to cultivate a little lettuce or tomatoes in their own backyards).

Then this cute (I use the word derogatorily) little flowchart attempts explain how your method of fermentation creates a “robust flavor profile” with great “range and flavor complexity”; immediately before it trashes all that complexity right out the window by distilling the product 3 times and then by filtering it with activated carbon. Oh; “Andean glacier water” and “filtering with volcanic rock” is useless, additional nonsensical farie dust. In my jaded opinion.

I do realize that the demographic being targeted by this advertisment would be younger and more flush with discretionary money to waste than an old redneck, cracker like myself.

So; best of luck to you...

https://frenchamericancultural.org/2020 ... g-history/
https://www.cntraveller.in/story/why-do ... e-alcohol/
Omnia mea mecum porto