Corona Mill

Any hardware used for mashing, fermenting or aging.

Moderator: Site Moderator

King Of Hearts
Site Donor
Site Donor

Corona Mill

Post by King Of Hearts »

Got my new Corona mill today from wisementrading.com. It works like I wanted it to, but it could have been made better for $39. I wonder if the cheaper ones are the same quality. It's really easy to crank so I don't think I even need to add a motor like I was going to. I would have to turn the handle end on a lathe to get a good round diameter for a pulley. It came with a forged tri fit shape on it so the handle won't slip.
Attachments
Corona Mill.jpg
Tater
Admin

Re: Corona Mill

Post by Tater »

Burbankbrewer wrote:Got my new Corona mill today from wisementrading.com. It works like I wanted it to, but it could have been made better for $39. I wonder if the cheaper ones are the same quality. It's really easy to crank so I don't think I even need to add a motor like I was going to. I would have to turn the handle end on a lathe to get a good round diameter for a pulley. It came with a forged tri fit shape on it so the handle won't slip.
Bet ya wont be saying that after 10 lbs or so. :) . Grinding grain is for sure a chore by hand.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
DrMalt
Novice

Post by DrMalt »

Tater wrote:Bet ya wont be saying that after 10 lbs or so. :) . Grinding grain is for sure a chore by hand.
+1
I would rather search for the right drill adapter for a 1/2 hour than mill just a few pounds by hand.
:mrgreen:
King Of Hearts
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by King Of Hearts »

Maybe. All I need in my recipes are 12 or 15 lbs at most. I'm surprised at how easy it is. Beats going to a gym.
chris69ca
Novice

Post by chris69ca »

Burbankbrewer wrote:Got my new Corona mill today from wisementrading.com. It works like I wanted it to, but it could have been made better for $39. I wonder if the cheaper ones are the same quality. It's really easy to crank so I don't think I even need to add a motor like I was going to. I would have to turn the handle end on a lathe to get a good round diameter for a pulley. It came with a forged tri fit shape on it so the handle won't slip.
maybe try looking at attaching a 5/16ths" bolt and drive it with a hand drill.
Australian made and Australian owned that the way i want it
junkyard dawg
Master of Distillation

Post by junkyard dawg »

I did some 25lb batches of rye a few years ago... great workout!
this is the internet
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Dnderhead »

"maybe try looking at attaching a 5/16ths" bolt and drive it with a hand drill."
I like to use,threads from a bolt/Tie rods from old motor etc. and a "high nut"
this give more for the drill to bite on.
Usge
retired

Post by Usge »

Could always rig up something like this:

http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =2&t=16514" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow