Free shipping on 15-gallon plastic conical fermenters

Any hardware used for mashing, fermenting or aging.

Moderator: Site Moderator

bhh
Site Donor
Site Donor

Free shipping on 15-gallon plastic conical fermenters

Post by bhh »

http://www.ruralking.com/ace-roto-mold- ... 15-19.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
2 of these delivered to my door for $123.98

I've spent way too much time (but it's fun as hell) researching fermenter options to step up production from 6 gallon buckets. A search of this site as well as the internet-at-large will return plenty of reviews and mods to convert these into great conical fermeters and yes, they are food grade. Most of these other sites I found charge as much for shipping as the units themselves but I was able to find them at Rural King with FREE SHIPPING. If you step up to the 30-gallon units, they charge about $200 for freight unfortunately which is about what all the other sites charge. Be sure to get the full-drain version for siphoning off trub and grain.

The brute trash cans are obviously popular option but the cheapest I was able to find two 20-gallon white ones with lids was around $95 and while the option above will take some extra money and work to trick them out, it should be much nicer and elegant solution.
Klein
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Free shipping on 15-gallon plastic conical fermenters

Post by Klein »

The grey ones are the cheapest(that I have seen). Got a 32 gal in Ontario at Rona for like $60 CAD (from what I remember).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bhh
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bhh »

If wish I could have found a place locally that had them, would have probably gotten the 30-gallon ones.
Fart Vader
Swill Maker

Post by Fart Vader »

Google is your friend.

How about this?
http://www.homedepot.com/s/brute?NCNI-5
My double walled boiler build: The Mashimizer. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=64980
bhh
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bhh »

Fart Vader wrote:Google is your friend.

How about this?
http://www.homedepot.com/s/brute?NCNI-5
You guys are something else. Do you really think I didn't google HD?
2x Model # FG262000WHT = $48.56
2x Model # FG261960WHT = $35.10
Estimated Shipping = $13.48 (not carried in local stores)
= $97.14 + Sales tax.
Klein
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klein »

bhh wrote:
You guys are something else. Do you really think I didn't google HD?
2x Model # FG262000WHT = $48.56
2x Model # FG261960WHT = $35.10
Estimated Shipping = $13.48 (not carried in local stores)
= $97.14 + Sales tax.
First I'll say that I clearly know you have done research, you said so in your first post. We are not going to knock you for getting the setup that you want. Just simply showing options (for you and the people that will read this in the future)

Home depot will ship items to the store for you to pick up (free of charge as far as I know)
That would make this an option http://m.homedepot.com/p/Rubbermaid-Com ... /100342585" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Klein
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klein »

What is your plan for a stand?
It looks like the stand is sold separately :/
$70 for each stand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bhh
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bhh »

Klein wrote:What is your plan for a stand?
It looks like the stand is sold separately :/
$70 for each stand...
No stand. I'm basically following this build but will most likely build my stands on dolly wheels so they can be wheeled around but I'm also considering building them into a workbench top as well, perhaps with lower cabinets where a temp regulated space heater could be housed.

http://www.homebrewchatter.com/board/sh ... ic+conical" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

EDIT: They are also available with a 2" MPT outlet vs the standard 1.5" FPT for an extra $20 as a custom order - you'll have to phone it in but still $0 shipping. Might be a little less likely to clog up with grains and/or corn if like to ferment on the grain.

EDIT #2: I'll readily admit that the grey trash cans are a much cheaper option than the white ones and far more readily available. Besides the obvious advantages of a translucent fermenter and being able to pull trub and grain off the bottom without disturbing things, I also do actually care that these things look pretty cool. My brew/distillery room is in my man cave (finished basement) where I spend a fair amount of time hanging out with my buddies, shooting pool, watching football, etc. and I want a little more professional and sanitary >looking< setup than a trashcan. I'm not knocking them and I know they work, I just know I'd catch some good-natured shit for making our hooch in a garbage can.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Who cares if you catch shit about using garbage cans... That would be a good excuse to not have a bunch of moochers sucking down the rewards of your hard efforts... WTF do they know, anyway... This ain't no fashion show and you shouldn't be showing off to your so called friends anyway... Piss one off and he'll be the first to turn you in, or his wife will when he comes home trashed on his ass because he'll probably have loose lips... I lived with someone for 22 years and she never knew about my participation in this hobby even though I did up to three runs per week... And I can probably still count on less that two hands how many people on this planet, that I know personally, know after four decades... Limiting your exposure is what keeps you safe... :idea:
Klein
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klein »

You should worry less about what your friends think. But if that's the setup YOU want, all the power to ya.
Have you considered using an aquarium heater instead of a space heater?
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Feller that would want to be all that stylish would suck a tittie through a nightgown and demand to squat on a fur lined pisspot .JMHO :moresarcasm:
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
bhh
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bhh »

Lot of hate here guys, too much for me.
Gonna move on, take care.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

bhh wrote:Lot of hate here guys, too much for me.
Gonna move on, take care.
No hate... Just pointing out that it isn't always the way you see things... Kinda like the hate thing... Open your mind and you could learn a lot...
Deerhunter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deerhunter »

These take the cake......

http://www.homebrewfinds.com/2013/11/fi ... el-79.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Sky Diving without a parachute is a once in a life time experience!
frunobulax
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by frunobulax »

A buddy and I have a BBL. Brewery. We have a 55 gallon plastic conical just like the one you posted. It is awesome.
For our still ferments, we use a 50 gallon blue, food grade, plastic drum and lid. Equally awesome, for it's purpose.
MmmPeace
Novice

Post by MmmPeace »

For those big ole 32gallon brute cans are you all just drilling a hole in the lid to attach an airlock or is it not needed due to it not being airtight? I would much rather buy one of these than 5 or so little ones... :wtf: also I assume these are safe to ferment in, food safe? Can't see in the Home Depot listing if it is or not...
Anything is possible, just takes a massive influx of time and cash.

Support the HDA - working to make Home Distilling legal.
https://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Klein
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klein »

MmmPeace wrote:For those big ole 32gallon brute cans are you all just drilling a hole in the lid to attach an airlock or is it not needed due to it not being airtight? I would much rather buy one of these than 5 or so little ones... :wtf: also I assume these are safe to ferment in, food safe? Can't see in the Home Depot listing if it is or not...
No airlock, just place one lid on and your good to go. They are safe to use.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

MmmPeace wrote:For those big ole 32gallon brute cans are you all just drilling a hole in the lid to attach an airlock or is it not needed due to it not being airtight? I would much rather buy one of these than 5 or so little ones... :wtf: also I assume these are safe to ferment in, food safe? Can't see in the Home Depot listing if it is or not...
SpiritRunDave taught me a neat trick . Line that big can with an industrial grade garbage bag . Put in your wash or mash and pitch your yeast . Gather the top of the bag to a flexible length of hose and tape it all shut . Support the top of the bag to keep the head from puking into the tube and loop the tube to make a low spot for co to gather .
You can watch your ferment through that clear bag and no nasties can get in until you open the bag .
When you open and empty that bag you pull it out and put in a new one and refill with the next ferment .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .