little help on storage and aging.

Any hardware used for mashing, fermenting or aging.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Phathead
Novice

little help on storage and aging.

Post by Phathead »

got a half gallon of my first AG in one of those small barrels from Amazon and a half gallon in Mason jar. got my next AG fermenting now. should be ready to run by the weekend. here are some storage options i have as I oak them.

both options are for long term and of course some short term quality control sampling.

I can glass jar and oak and store in basement and leave until I can't stand it any longer.

I have really heavy as in 1/8 steel cabinet I got from work that I can store in. it will hold many gallons but it would be outside exposed to east tn weather temp changes.

what are your recommendations.
Last edited by Phathead on Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
SassyFrass
Distiller
Location: Sittin' on the side of the Mountain sippin' and smilin'

Re: little help on storage and aging.

Post by SassyFrass »

Phathead wrote:got a half gallon of my first AG in one of those small barrels from Amazon and a half gallon in Mason jar. got my next AG fermenting now. should be ready to run by the weekend. here are some storage options i have as I oak them.

both options are for long term and of course some short term quality control sampling.

I can glass jar and oak and store in basement and leave until I can't stand it any longer.

I have really heavy as in 1/8 steel cabinet I got from work that I can store in. it will hold many gallons but it would be outside exposed to east tn weather.

what are your recommendations.
I'd use the cabinet with a good lock. I think you should be ok.
SF
Simple Lil' Pot Still, no temp guage, no carbon, no scrubbers, nuthin' fancy. Sometimes use a thumper, sometimes don't.

Real good info for New Folks:
Phathead
Novice

Re: little help on storage and aging.

Post by Phathead »

I was thinking that may be the way I go. it would get plenty of thermal cycling which I think would be a good thing.