Software Calculator Spreadsheet

If it plugs in, post it here.

Moderator: Site Moderator

DrMalt
Novice

Software Calculator Spreadsheet

Post by DrMalt »

Not really a piece of hardware but software can be a tool too.
Dist formulas V11.pdf
Change pdf to xls (Excel file)
(52 KiB) Downloaded 2614 times
I made this excel spreadsheet to have a bunch of calculators handy so I don't need to keep doing math. There are several things in it that may be useful to others so I'll post the file to make it available to Spreadsheet users. It has a pdf file extension and won't open in that form. Download it and save the file then change the file extention to .xls. It should work in older Excel versions and open office.

The last calculator is a work in progress and may be hard to figure out. I'll update new versions as I make changes.

Feedback and tips are welcome. I hope it's useful and if it is please post.

Edited. Fixed Error in Dilution formula. Thanks for the feedback.

DrMalt
Last edited by DrMalt on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Husker
retired

Re: Software Calculator Spreadsheet

Post by Husker »

I am super busy at work at the moment, but I will try to have a look over this very soon.

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
Manback
Swill Maker

Post by Manback »

this is gank
DrMalt
Novice

Post by DrMalt »

Manback wrote:this is gank
Gank... I had to Google that one. What is it you figure I'm stealing? Math is not original. There are values in it I found on this site and others that were used in formulas. I believe this is why they were provided, to be used. Just like this spreadsheet.
I gotta say I take offense to you brief and inconsiderate, accusation. Sir.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

No problems at all with converting existing formulas... I have a plethora of them that I've converted from one programming language to another for my own personal use...
King Of Hearts
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by King Of Hearts »

Pretty slick DrMalt, thanks for the spred.
Manback
Swill Maker

Post by Manback »

DrMalt wrote:
Gank... I had to Google that one. What is it you figure I'm stealing? Math is not original. There are values in it I found on this site and others that were used in formulas. I believe this is why they were provided, to be used. Just like this spreadsheet.
Sorry,

Gank is also (here at least) slang for good. Sweet. Sick. Etc.

Take offense all you like buddy; there was none intended.
DrMalt
Novice

Post by DrMalt »

Manback wrote:
DrMalt wrote:
Sorry,

Whew, I feel better then. Sorry if I was harsh with you. I've never heard the term before and that's what google gave me.

Cheers

DrMalt
King Of Hearts
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by King Of Hearts »

The internet has been causing these problems ever since Al Gore invented it.
Gr8brewer

Post by Gr8brewer »

Thanks for sharing your effort. I was planning on doing likewise, you have done far better than i would have.

Cheers!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I am not sure why but I downloaded and saved the file but could not open it so I went to some of my other pdf files that I have downloaded to see if the problem is my computer. I did not have any problems downloading. Also on the subject of gank or ganking I also googled it and got the same definition. I guess we need to be careful with so many people and countries represented on this forum, it is easy to take something the wrong way. I am glad that it wasn't meant to be used in a disrespectful manner!
King Of Hearts
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by King Of Hearts »

Bushman wrote:I am not sure why but I downloaded and saved the file but could not open
It worked for me, you have to rename it with the extension .xls
after you get it open rename it with out the .pdf in the name and save it with .xls extension
Last edited by King Of Hearts on Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

Manback wrote:
DrMalt wrote:
Sorry,

10 years ago, gank meant "to kill" in PVP games, however we used it as slang "to steal" in my town growing up.
English is such a funny langauge..;)
ScottishBoy
HD Survival in a Nutshell...
Read.Search.Listen.Ask for feedback, you WILL get it. Plastic is always "questionable". Dont hurry. Be Careful. Dont Sell,Tell, or Yell. If you wouldnt serve it to your friends, then it isnt worth keeping.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Not sure how to save the extension as an .xls. I thought you had to open it first and save as to change the extension. If I just rename it will still be a pdf file. If it doesn't open as a pdf then how do you change the extension?
DrMalt
Novice

Post by DrMalt »

renaming a file. If you have a windows machine Microsoft like to make it difficult to do. You need to use Windows Explorer. Open the folder you save the file into. You need to make sure the folder properties are set to show the file extensions. Right Click the file and choose rename. Only change .pdf to .xls.

Also, sorry to all who already downloaded (45 of you) but I fixed a bug. A fairly important one. In the dilution calc section. File has been fixed. Thanks atticpc for the heads up!

For those of you who can fix the mistake yourself without re-downloading. Unprotect the sheet, and change cell H4 to =D4/F4-B4, re-protect the sheet, and save file.

DrMalt.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Thanks it worked. I had to do a little research on how to unhide extensions but that is what this forum is about helping people in the right direction and then letting them solve problems. Looks like a lot of work very nice!
Bull Rider
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bull Rider »

Thanks for the spreadsheet.

Bull... :)
Last edited by Bull Rider on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid...
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

The easiest way to rename the file is during the actual download... When you go to save the file it will have the .pdf extension visible so you simply edit it to have the .xls extension before hitting Save... Should work that way regardless of operating system or browser...
King Of Hearts
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by King Of Hearts »

rad14701 wrote:The easiest way to rename the file is during the actual download... When you go to save the file it will have the .pdf extension visible so you simply edit it to have the .xls extension before hitting Save... Should work that way regardless of operating system or browser...
Thanks, You also have to right click to save as, otherwise if you left click it will not give you the option.
DrMalt
Novice

Post by DrMalt »

Another update. Changed the dilution formula and upgraded the version number so you know which you have.
King Of Hearts
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by King Of Hearts »

Looks better every time I see it. Gordon Food Service sells blackstrap molasses $11.22 a gallon.
Pops
Novice

Post by Pops »

Hi there Dr Malt
This is a really great piece of work. Well done indeed. All the calcs I want in one spreadsheet. Just sorry I only found this now. This surely should be on the parent site.
Cheers :D
leadbased
Novice

Post by leadbased »

Hey All, Does anyone know if Dr. Malt has since added to this document? Dr. Malt - are you out there? I have been trying to compile the same information and found this

Chad
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

leadbased wrote:Hey All, Does anyone know if Dr. Malt has since added to this document? Dr. Malt - are you out there? I have been trying to compile the same information and found this

Chad
He hasn't had a post since April of last year, my suggestion so he see's it is to send him a PM if your wanting to colaborate on this or add to it!
leadbased
Novice

Post by leadbased »

Thanks Bushman, I wasn't able to PM earlier, but now I am. I sent a message and I will post up what I find out. If you know of any resources you think should be on the sheets, please let me know and I will work on including them.

Chad
BatGuano
Novice

Post by BatGuano »

Hi, I haven't seen that Dr. Malt has posted any update on this, but I did add a temperature correction for normal hydrometer and proof and tralle readings if anyone is interested.
Dist formulas V1.1.2.xlsx
(142.86 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
--------------------------------------------
––––––––Live from the GLRS––––––––
––––––––The Man From DAD––––––––
--------------------------------------------
stud_distiller
Novice

Post by stud_distiller »

Jesus man, i was spending lots of time while trying to correct proof meter readings. That was a big help with theese formulas added to this awesome calculator.Thanks to you and Dr Malt :clap:
BatGuano wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:25 pm Hi, I haven't seen that Dr. Malt has posted any update on this, but I did add a temperature correction for normal hydrometer and proof and tralle readings if anyone is interested.

Dist formulas V1.1.2.xlsx