If it plugs in, post it here.

Moderator: Site Moderator

s1nglebarrel
Site Donor
Site Donor

Grain Mill

Post by s1nglebarrel »

All,

I actually saw this mill linked on here but to Amazon but found it much cheaper and with free shipping and I wanted to share. This has been one of the best purchases for this hobby. If you attach the smallest sieve plate it will ground corn to flour. Hope this benefits someone.

https://www.agristoreusa.com/collection ... in-grinder
Bushman
Admin

Re: Grain Mill

Post by Bushman »

Sounds like you have personally used it. I have the MMII which I like. Can you give the members a bit more information about the product? How sturdy is the plastic, does the grain clog or go through with little effort, how hard is it to adjust to different size mill, etc.?
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

Will it grind whole corn?
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
s1nglebarrel
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by s1nglebarrel »

still_stirrin wrote:Will it grind whole corn?
ss
It should. It has 4 different size sieve plates. To take whole corn to flour may have to run it through twice once with a larger sieve and then step it down.

I use cracked corn and grinds it to flour. Did 22lb in about 15 min.
Last edited by acfixer69 on Fri May 01, 2020 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed advertisement
s1nglebarrel
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by s1nglebarrel »

Bushman wrote:Sounds like you have personally used it. I have the MMII which I like. Can you give the members a bit more information about the product? How sturdy is the plastic, does the grain clog or go through with little effort, how hard is it to adjust to different size mill, etc.?
Yes I have it and have now run about 100lb through it.

The plastic bin is very sturdy. The upper part is all metal. So as you can imagine it's sturdy as well. The grain for me does not clog. I'm grinding TSC cracked corn with the smallest sieve plate and chews right through it.

The plates are easy to change. Just to nuts on the bottom to change them. The only thing I had to do was slightly dimple the smallest plate where the blade bearing is as it was a bit too close to the plate and was "burning" the plate.

The hopper easily holds 23lb of grain. I just load it up and stay working on other things. Oh for the noise level it's about as loud as a large shop vac so not uncomfortable.

The mill was designed for farm use grinding grain. With that in mind the store I linked to also sells all the replacement parts which is nice as we all know it's not if but when something breaks.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Last edited by acfixer69 on Fri May 01, 2020 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed advertisement
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

That is the type of information members need and want to know. Thanks!
DuckofDeath
Rumrunner

Post by DuckofDeath »

I also have this mill and it is fantastic!
Copperhead road
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Copperhead road »

A mate from America sent me a link about this mill only last week, he loves his.

I myself use a Millard’s pilot mill, there extremely good quality and does corn in one pass. :thumbup:
Never mistake kindness for weakness....
freefall
Swill Maker

Post by freefall »

I picked on of these mills up. It is OUTSTANDING. Mind you that I have only used it for 100#s so far. So I can't speak of longevity or issues that might come up. My first grind was with the 3/32 or so sieve plate....it made flour. I switched over to the next size up...I'm guessing 3/16 holes. This made a fine corn grit consistency. As the op said...absolutely no mess. I am still cleaning up dust in my living room from my previous grind with my millars grinder, Which is a great grinder, It just can get messy. Any who.... It has about a 15 gallon barrel for catching your ground grain which is sealed from the hopper by a plastic gasket. It comes with motor attached and switch wired. you need to install the hopper onto the motor with 2 washers and flange nuts, plug it in and you are in business. I still have my Millars for cracking the other grains. I haven't tried the larger sieves yet to see what they will do. But because it is using a spinning blade I think it is better suited for the corn. Rollers are more gentle for barley and adjuncts.
I would like to thank the previous posters for making me aware of this product. It is a much wanted and needed addition.
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

All you folks using this mill any updates on it? I need to get milling so I can get my costs down, this seems like just what I need.
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
s1nglebarrel
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by s1nglebarrel »

Still using mine and still going strong. No issues.
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

Antler24 wrote:All you folks using this mill any updates on it? I need to get milling so I can get my costs down, this seems like just what I need.
Here’s a short discussion: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70996
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

Thanks guys!
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there