This Guy Is Thinking Outside The Box

If it plugs in, post it here.

Moderator: Site Moderator

TDick
Distiller

This Guy Is Thinking Outside The Box

Post by TDick »

So I was having a problem with my washing machine - checked out Youtube and got a video on how to fix (clean out drain filter)

Then I saw this guy.
He's pretty talented and thought his video might inspire solutions to some of the opportunities we face.
Old washing machines are pretty cheap, sometimes even spotted on the side of the road.
One of the first was the recent thread about a centrifuge. There has to be one in there somewhere.

He spends a lot of time talking about his toys, but again so do we.
When he showed one toy he made with a microwave turnstile motor, I started thinking about a malt roller if it has enough torque.

Anyway, take a look. I'l also wondering just what kind of still this guy would make!

Things You Can Make With A Washing Machine
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Re: This Guy Is Thinking Outside The Box

Post by Twisted Brick »

Cool video, TDick. I've been kicking around the idea of building a mash stirrer with a motor and pulley-driven shaft because it's hard to hand-hold my paint stirrer without ground corn flying up into my drill motor when I'm doughing in. Looks like a washing machine motor might just be the ticket.

Thanks for sharing.
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Nice. And nice, quiet music too. Not enerving!
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

My dad is exactly like this guy. How I missed that gene I'll never know.
Thanks for the video ... and reminding me what a klutz I am..
merman
Novice

Post by merman »

OMG, I absolutely love it. I can't get enough of it, re-purposing is the way forward. one mans rubbish is another mans treasure. I recently made a compressor using an old gas container [25l] and the motor from an old fridge to power it. It is brilliant for my airbrush and totally silent to run. YouTube is amazing
I'm pink therefore I'm spam