Turkey Fryer Timer Disable

LP, NG, gas burners of all types. Wood, coal or Steam equipment.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Antler24
Trainee

Turkey Fryer Timer Disable

Post by Antler24 »

Ok I was asked to do a little write up on this as a lot of people use the turkey fryer burners. We all know how annoying that 20 minute timer gets.

First thing, use 1/2" wrench to take off gas line. Take the timer button off, and use a screw driver to remove the cover on the timer box. There should be a little plunger type thing there that will move when you turn on the timer, and go back when the timer runs out. I set the mechanism to the ON position and removed the plunger, so that the timer wouldn't pull it back. Last step, reassemble!
It really is that simple took me 5 minutes max. This mod will not disable the auto shut off, which will automatically shut off (duh) the gas if the burner happens to blow out. I think this is a great safety feature and should not be removed.

I think some other burners have some kind of wiring in the timer, I'm not sure about doing those but I know there's several videos on that style on utube.

Happy stillin hope I've helped someone!

Disclaimer: this text is for informational purposes only and I in no way recommend removing a safety timer from a gas burner! Do so at own risk.
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Re: Turkey Fryer Timer Disable

Post by jb-texshine »

Awesome.thankyou antler24. Heading to the shop now to do this.
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!