Bayou Classic SP10 propane hose is too short?

LP, NG, gas burners of all types. Wood, coal or Steam equipment.

Moderator: Site Moderator

BoredInAlaska
Novice

Bayou Classic SP10 propane hose is too short?

Post by BoredInAlaska »

I ordered a burner yesterday and it says the hose is only 4 feet long. The propane tanks at the store are 70lb and 4ft tall so I'd like a 8-10ft hose. Are there hose extensions that will screw onto the tank and into the current burner hose? I thought about maybe replacing the whole hose but I don't know what fittings are on the hose on the burner and knob/regulator side. I've been trying to read about them all day but my internet is so slow it takes ten to twenty minutes to load a page so I haven't learned much and just got more confused. Would this work? https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirect/pi ... ame=sp_atf
Jstroke
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Bayou Classic SP10 propane hose is too short?

Post by Jstroke »

Go to amazon search for

RV propane hose 12’

Should give you plenty of options
If in doubt leave it out.
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

The 5 foot hose extension looks correct for its purpose. The brass end with the gage connects to the burner’s hose and the other end with the black nut fits to the propane bottle. It has the universal connections for make up. The extension should work for your intended use.

Great find.
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
BoredInAlaska
Novice

Post by BoredInAlaska »

Thanks for the replies, I ordered the extension in the link. Now I'm having trouble finding a long handle 1/2" and 2" pipe brush. All I get on amazon searches are those funky little bendy "pipe brushes" that kids play with. I ordered my column and it has some funky ass grease/fat looking stuff in the 90° 2" to 1/2" reducer along with a silicone bung for the thermometer. Vinegar soaks don't do much to get rid of the nasties. I'm gonna try to unsolder some pieces so I can get a good scrub inside and re solder them. I just need a pipe brush.
Tummydoc
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Tummydoc »

Way too much work. First do a sacrificial alcohol run. Hot alcohol vapor will dissolve that oil/grease. You're gonna have to do a sacrificial run anyway if you resolder.