Liebig build

Anything cooling/condenser related.

Moderator: Site Moderator

82Winger
Novice

Liebig build

Post by 82Winger »

I am starting my first build. I am using a 15gal. Sanke with a 5500w. internal element. I have a 2" copper column that is 14" tall, 2" copper elbow reduced down to a 1/2" liebig jacketed 3/4" and 36" long. Now my question... does a person gain anything by wrapping the inner jacket with wire? Also, is there anything gained in crushing 3/8" tubing and placing it inside the 1/2" pipe
I am looking forward to making my own. Thanks very much.
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Liebig build

Post by jonnys_spirit »

I just made a 1/2" -x- 3/4" -x- 36" liebig the other day based on info in the thread below. Wrapped the 1/2" inside the jacket with 14/2 copper ground wire from some romex. Tested so far with a vinegar and water run @ full on 5500W internal element and it knocks it down no prob.

I'll eventually coil up some more ground wire to stick into the 1/2" product tube but have also in the past used a little copper mesh up in there to solve some huffing probs.

http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =87&t=9247

My prior liebig was I think a 24" liebig that came from milehi when I first bought the still. I had partially crimped the tube where it connects to my union fitting so it still worked but I wanted better.

I'm starting plans for a 36" 3" CCVM tower and a shotgun setup but this exact liebig dimension you described knocks down vinegar and water in mine @ 5500W no prob.

Cheers!
-j
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————