T500 condenser

Anything cooling/condenser related.

Moderator: Site Moderator

ChillinNdistillin
Novice

T500 condenser

Post by ChillinNdistillin »

I went to clean my t500 condenser i put some water in the column and it seemed to be dripping out the other side.. at the top where the black piece bridges the larger column to the smaller column.the larger column is loose.i can't turn it. Does anyone's know what i should do about this.is it normal? I've only used it once.Yesterday.it ran perfect. So off anyone knows anything or can offer any info please do. And thanks.
Manc
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: T500 condenser

Post by Manc »

Hi I had the same thing happen when rinsed mine. I kept an eye on it but it seemed to work ok couldn't find any vapour escaping so think you should be ok. If it's new it should have a guarantee or perhaps try the still spirit forum for further advice.

Although it is a good little still there are better options out there but I'm grateful for mine getting me into this hobby.

Hope this helps

Lee
ChillinNdistillin
Novice

Re: T500 condenser

Post by ChillinNdistillin »

There is m the leak right there. Now I've not tried to use it again since then so i don't know how bad it is yet.i was thinking about getting some rtv silicone and putting a bead around it. Hopefully it's no big deal cuz I've got 5 gallons going in there tonite.and i will be upset off it don't work.i guess ìf it does start leaking i could shove it full of biscuits
[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 4900bc.jpg[/img]