Anything cooling/condenser related.

Moderator: Site Moderator

tiramisu
Swill Maker

Hose Diameter?

Post by tiramisu »

Hose 10x12 or 9x12mm (0.47244") hose for a
1/2" ID reflux condenser coil - push to connect product condenser
1/2" ID Stainless Flexible Gas Line (so cheap and come with nipples).

I can pay extra for PTFE and even though it is for coolant it is nice to know I can also use it for siphoning hot liquids if needed.
I think the push to connect fittings work very nicely with PTFE as well.

OR
12 mm OD LLDPE Polyethylene Tubing is produced in Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE) for cold and intermittent hot water applications such as beverage dispensing, potable water or pneumatic applications. Our tubing is made from FDA compliant materials and is NSF International Standard 51 & 61 certified. Our tubing provides excellent resistance to environmental stress cracking as measured by ASTM D-1693.

Not a fortune for either so I may just pay the extra for quality ptfe 10mm ID hose.

or I could go to 12mm ID hose and try to figure out how to couple them.
10x12mm mates up with 1/2 ID like a glove.

So I get a mild pressure drop as the water leaves the hose and enters the condenser.
Pressure drop means a touch of cooling in my brain so that works too (although not very much).

Anyone else thought about this?
I have been piecing everything together and it is a bit of a puzzle some days.
image.png
image.png
image.png
This is the magic :)
Screenshot 2021-03-22 224055.jpg
1/2" ID 5/8" OD ( 3" column)
image.png
2*threaded push in fitting, for 12mm(OD) water line.

Split Phase residential 240V is still messing with me. I get that it is doubled rather than alternating but I still don't understand why/how how neutral isn't needed but that is another topic. For now it is hose :)