8gal/30 liter boiler with two TC fittings at base?

In our view 30 gallons and under is considered hobby size. Do not bring anything larger than this to our site.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hexadecimal
Novice

8gal/30 liter boiler with two TC fittings at base?

Post by Hexadecimal »

I don't have easy access to a 240V outlet or a way to get one installed outside, so I'm thinking about the possibility of having two electric heating elements (plugged into different circuits) to help speed up the heating process.

Does anyone know of a boiler that has two different TC fittings at the base which could serve this purpose? Is it even a good idea? Would using a single 120V, 2000W heating element be fine in an 8gal boiler for both pot and column heads?

Any advice or suggestions would be great!
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 8gal/30 liter boiler with two TC fittings at base?

Post by Deplorable »

Should be fine . Especially if you insulate the boiler. Might be a little slow on the heat up, but not painfully slow.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

A T500 boiler is 2200-2400w and about the same capacity........they work ok for what they are......about an hour heat up......slow when stripping.
Edit
BZZZZZZZZZZZ! wrong , T500 boiler is 2000W.......the newer ones i think are even less, maybe 1800W
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

Hexadecimal wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:59 am I don't have easy access to a 240V outlet or a way to get one installed outside, so I'm thinking about the possibility of having two electric heating elements (plugged into different circuits) to help speed up the heating process.

Does anyone know of a boiler that has two different TC fittings at the base which could serve this purpose? Is it even a good idea? Would using a single 120V, 2000W heating element be fine in an 8gal boiler for both pot and column heads?

Any advice or suggestions would be great!
I use a 120V 2000W heating element with my 8 gallon boiler and it works just fine. Takes about 45 minutes to heat up a 6 gallon charge.
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine