Copper Boilers

In our view 30 gallons and under is considered hobby size. Do not bring anything larger than this to our site.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Kiwi-lembic
Swill Maker

Copper Boilers

Post by Kiwi-lembic »

Now have pieced together a concept system to manufacture these boilers .i have the 18" _458 mm ap'
2 x .8 mm copper domes as the lid and base. from this we can make up variable boiler sizes eg .. 25 ltr,50 ltr,100 litre.
Also tooling up to have flat bottom versions as well
the rounded base for even heat dispersion for firing up with gas and the flat bottom for electric units ,with simple add in elements .
Am working on some funky legs and support for the rounded base model
If decided economic and worth pursuing ,there would be optional extras to add and suit peoples budgets .. have a few ideas ..others welcome

the copper onions or boil balls i already have 6" and 8"
Attachments
copper boiler _onion.jpg
copper boiler _onion.jpg (3.88 KiB) Viewed 5485 times
Kiwi-lembic
Swill Maker

Re: Copper Boilers

Post by Kiwi-lembic »

Well ive decided to liberate my boiler concept which i have been working away at ,
the basic concept is that with the 18" round domes i have i can simply put two of these together and it makes a 50 litre boiler in a lovely roundy shape ..like my first pic posted in here if we add a sleeve to whatever people wanted we can extend the literage quite simply ..the top picture in the start of this post .. off my calc's would hold around 80 odd litres.
"These pictures below would hold approximately 62 liters giving a 50 liter wash with a 25% head space .
It has a simple flanged tri calmp port system for filling and then capping whilst the boiler is at work .
a long stem analouge thermometer
a 2" out for use of either butterfly valve or ball valve drainage of wash extended version for gas firing
I plan to electrically heat this model
the opening at the top of the boiler is to be 6" and boil ball removeable as i have another concept i wish to adapt to this mark 1 model so to speak ..
the big picture is for it to be easily interchangeable for all the other concept still heads we have here as we evolve .

For a bit of funky"... the stand is a tripod concept ie 3 legs for something different and possibly a cut out plate that has a hole in it to sit the boiler ..playing with this part of the design as we go

my big ol alembic build has suffered in its build for the energy that has gone into putting all the concepts together i have here ..but this puppy is calling me i feel it should be built for myself or anyone interested that may like one .
other concepts that are being considered would be a double boiler glycol with a controller ..ill take each step as i go ...
..enjoy kiwi-L
Attachments
kiwi_L boiler concept MK 1_22-3.jpg
kiwi_L boiler concept MK 1_22-3.jpg (5.51 KiB) Viewed 5417 times
Austin Nichols
Rumrunner

Post by Austin Nichols »

:shock:

How good would that 10 plated flute OD built look on top of one of these ?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

We have seen lots of ideas and drawings in the 10 months you have been on this forum, is this just another one of your mythical builds, or are we actually going to see something built from copper rather than another fancy idea. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

OD
OLD DOG LEARNING NEW TRICKS ......
Kiwi-lembic
Swill Maker

Post by Kiwi-lembic »

Sure OD... im doing just that ,ive made a thousand mistakes on paper over the many months you mention ,Its sure cheaper than copper ...so from now on... you may just see that i can build what i can draw ..i always respect and appreciate your comments ...thankyou ...kiwi-L
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

Like OD KiwiL, I'm a bit bothered by the fact that this post is in the classified which implies that you wish to sell stilling equipment, right? If this is correct, how can you possibly advertise a product that (1) hasn't been built and (2) never been tested by your good self?

No doubt you have read the thread in this forum about the scumbags who sell shit stills and I'd sure hate to see your product in there simply because you haven't tested your product. I for one wouldn't consider buying from you under these circumstances, but that's just me. I'd sure hate to burn my house down or worse still, injure my dogs.

STAY SAFE
Simple potstiller. Slow, single run.
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)
The Reading Lounge AND the Rules We Live By should be compulsory reading

Cumudgeon and loving it.
Kiwi-lembic
Swill Maker

Post by Kiwi-lembic »

Have faith Blanik ...im not interested in doing anything you mentioned ..thats what study and common sence is for
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

Kiwi-lembic wrote:im doing just that ,ive made a thousand mistakes on paper over the many months you mention
Building a potstill is not exactly a mindblowing excercise, the fact is that you have not built anything to show us, what credibility do yo have as a still builder, none.
It's like a kid looking at a Ferrari catalogue saying I'm going to have that one day, until it actually happens, it's just a dream. Carry on dreaming Kiwi L, it's a good job we don't take you seriously.

OD
Kiwi-lembic
Swill Maker

Post by Kiwi-lembic »

what were your first stills like O.D were they good ,were they perfect ???? ...
research ,reasearch, reasearch thats what they tell us to do ..hence my months of silence ..
somehow a comment from another member on my post... here comes another O/D disappeared ... is this why you constantly challange me ..have some faith ....please
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

Kiwi-lembic wrote:is this why you constantly challange me
Because you aint done nothing yet but talk, yet you are offering to build stills for others, what a joke.

OD
Kiwi-lembic
Swill Maker

Post by Kiwi-lembic »

im not joining in on your Karma O.D or anyone else that wants a crack at me .i wish you all well and thankyou again
Last edited by Kiwi-lembic on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Austin Nichols
Rumrunner

Post by Austin Nichols »

The problem I have with these not really for sale add's is......

The legit add's like mine keep getting pushed down the line, perhaps the mods could move kiwiL's not really for sale add's to a more appropriate place..... like the trash can :mrgreen:

Cheers.
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

Oh dear me, one can only do so much with plasticene. You're a strange one kiwiL. Why should anyone have faith in you?
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)

Cumudgeon and loving it.
Kiwi-lembic
Swill Maker

Post by Kiwi-lembic »

like John Britten and the Americas cup and Burt Munroe ..its cause we are kiwis and we can ..have faith .cheers for all the constructive comments .great things come from this stuff .thats whats funny ...see you all soon... take care .
Last edited by Kiwi-lembic on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Austin Nichols
Rumrunner

Post by Austin Nichols »

This is starting to give me the shits! :evil:

I just put a legit add up, and again it gets pushed down by off topic bullshit!

KiwiL if your not actually selling this shit, stop spamming us with junk!

FFS
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

Just carry on dreaming Kiwi L

OD
ArkyJ
Swill Maker

Post by ArkyJ »

Once again I broch the subject of my stupid, shot down and in the trash idea of:
A section just above or below classified's
PROVEN STILLS FOR SALE.
Someone, not a still maker, but a trusted long time member aproves each add.
The still maker must prove his wares to that member.
The add stays in it's same location.
The first add isn't the best.
The last isn't the worst.

Give people a location to go to to buy a still.
The others, ie; parrots, pipe, balls and whatever stay in the classified's.
ArkyJ whom notices as she is flying along. The missles and the aint-aircraft fire rising up to meet her. :ebiggrin:
likkerluvver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by likkerluvver »

How about a section "Stills for Sale" which must contain a pic of THE ACTUAL STILL FOR SALE.

Sellers could also add a note to the effect that stills can be modified/built to order.

I'm taking my time researching and buying for my future builds, so I like to read/see the thoughts of others - but in a separate thread, maybe.

BTW AkJ, I don't see too many people shooting down your ideas. :)

LL
Having fun stillin' seriously..... This antique engine runs best on high octane.
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

Good ideas; I would add - keep all the commercial stuff separate.
I do all my own stunts
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Topic moved to a more appropriate forum...
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

Kiwi, Have you been successful in making any product yet? You seem to make lots of posts which are un-classified advertisements, but not a drop of likker. How can anyone have faith in the products you advertise in every post you make? Subtlety certainly isn't in your make upI know I wouldn't buy from an inexperienced distiller in spite of this post and I quote "like John Britten and the Americas cup and Burt Munroe ..its cause we are kiwis and we can ..have faith .cheers for all the constructive comments .great things come from this stuff .thats whats funny ...see you all soon... take care ."

Cumudgeon and loving it.
Kiwi-lembic
Swill Maker

copper time

Post by Kiwi-lembic »

condenser for my bok, just finished
condenser for my bok, just finished
taken a tad of organising ,have all the bits ,from photoshop to copper and solder we go
Attachments
copper  ,boiler and pot still parts,the tapered  necks ive hand made for now from cone developments ,tapered goose neck coming on nice
copper ,boiler and pot still parts,the tapered necks ive hand made for now from cone developments ,tapered goose neck coming on nice
WalkingWolf
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by WalkingWolf »

NIce work KL -- that coiled condenser is top notch. Good to see you've gotten your goods sorted and are producing products. Good luck with your endeavors.
Kiwi-lembic
Swill Maker

Keg Copper domes

Post by Kiwi-lembic »

also i have produced a 15" copper ball its 1/2 that has a lip on it to take the other 1/2 has an inside diameter of 385 mm .(as in the picture below on yellow bench)
This with a tad of annealing and gentle swaging would fit over the top of our NZ kegs which are 396 mm in diameter
Could someone in U.S.A and Ausy measure up thier kegs and tell me the outside diameter at the top of the kegs in your country (near the top seam where the red arrow is on the pic ) ..cheers

this would make a perfect copper dome lid for all those keg boilers out there
Im beefing all these domes to 1.1 -1.2 mm thick finished to maintain quality
take care ...kiwi-L
Attachments
my 15 &quot; copper domes ,8&quot; copper balls ,fabricated tapered necks ive made and the tapered goose neck im forming making my way down <br /><br />all copper is quality NZ and Ausy  standards
my 15 " copper domes ,8" copper balls ,fabricated tapered necks ive made and the tapered goose neck im forming making my way down

all copper is quality NZ and Ausy standards
kiwistiller
retired

Post by kiwistiller »

Just a shout out to help show people Mr. Lembic is legit-
I've recieved an 8" ball from Mr Lembic.

It's gorgeous :D
It had a tiny bit of oxide on it when it arrived (so very minor that if I was building immediately instead of showing it off I wouldn't have done anything about it), but about 2 minutes in the kitchen sink with a scourer left me with this:
_DSC0215 resize.jpg
_DSC0212 resize.jpg
I'm going to attach stubs of 4" pipe to it and then triclamp ferrules to connect into a 4" pot still. It will sit under the column, immediately on top of the boiler, and will function as both a boil ball for stripping and as a gin basket for... gin (with the addition of a bit of stainless mesh). Mr. Lembic offered to help me out with this but I'm having fun pissing round in the workshop on a variety of projects atm so I'll just add it to the list :)

In hindsight I'd probably get them unsoldered and do it myself to allow for a bit more flexibility in the building process.

It was packed extremely well, in a box surrounded by densely packed shredded paper. No way could this have been dented by any sort of rough handling in transit.

Cheers mate.
Three sheets to the wind!
My stuff
Kiwi-lembic
Swill Maker

Post by Kiwi-lembic »

slowly the bok grows ,its head in development stage ....plates to make then its solder time
Attachments
Boka slant plate head ,custom sight glass ,needle valve , milling up the intake for the condenser and its solder time
Boka slant plate head ,custom sight glass ,needle valve , milling up the intake for the condenser and its solder time
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

Kiwi lembic the problem is there are so many different manufactures of kegs the top measurements will all be different. But I will measures mine when I get home for you.

Nice work by the way. I've been waiting to see what you came up with.
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
Bushman
Admin

Re: Keg Copper domes

Post by Bushman »

Kiwi-lembic wrote:also i have produced a 15" copper ball its 1/2 that has a lip on it to take the other 1/2 has an inside diameter of 385 mm .(as in the picture below on yellow bench)
This with a tad of annealing and gentle swaging would fit over the top of our NZ kegs which are 396 mm in diameter
Could someone in U.S.A and Ausy measure up thier kegs and tell me the outside diameter at the top of the kegs in your country (near the top seam where the red arrow is on the pic ) ..cheers

this would make a perfect copper dome lid for all those keg boilers out there
Im beefing all these domes to 1.1 -1.2 mm thick finished to maintain quality
take care ...kiwi-L
I am not sure what you mean by the outside diameter near the top as your dome looks like it fits inside. The inside and sorry if this doesn't help is 14-1/2" or about 368mm. I have two different kegs and both read the same.
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

Ok I have a Anheuser Bush keg. It measures 13 7/8 inches inside the top ring and 15 3/4 inches on the outside of the top ring. Is that what you are looking for?.
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
Kiwi-lembic
Swill Maker

Post by Kiwi-lembic »

prarie' and bushman thankyou for your efforts and time ,ill chew this over