Hoff stevens boiler

In our view 30 gallons and under is considered hobby size. Do not bring anything larger than this to our site.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Distiller_1776
Novice

Hoff stevens boiler

Post by Distiller_1776 »

So I picked up a Hoff Stevens keg a while back in hopes of turning it into a boiler, but I have a few concerns and questions. To me the keg looks like it is double walled instead of like most modern kegs that are single walled, I was wanting to drill a smallish hole in the side near the bottom to place a drain spout but I have no clue if it being double walled would cause problems
jon1163
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hoff stevens boiler

Post by jon1163 »

I don't think they're double-walled. But I think you'll have a much easier time making a boiler out of a normal sanke keg. Look at my cake boiler build or badmotivators.
Attachments
images-800x616.jpg
Distiller_1776
Novice

Re: Hoff stevens boiler

Post by Distiller_1776 »

jon1163 wrote:I don't think they're double-walled. But I think you'll have a much easier time making a boiler out of a normal sanke keg. Look at my cake boiler build or badmotivators.
so mine is very similar to that but the spout is in the center of the keg, I had to take the cork out of the side to drain it because it had some Nast water and old beer leftover inside of it, I think it would make a great boiler at least from the research that I have done