Oh my ! WTH Nice crusty green !

Post here whats not safe to do or use.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Blarney Stoned
Swill Maker

Oh my ! WTH Nice crusty green !

Post by Blarney Stoned »

Boy oh boy did I mess up good this time ! I left my beloved 3" CSST VM column outside under roof but pushed my luck this time in doing so as I've done this before with no ill effects.

Fast forward :

The inside of the column has a fairly significant coating of green gunk/crust so I bought a 3"wire wire for my drill as well as an 18" drill bit extension to give it a good mechanical cleaning. Fingers crossed, I'm wondering if a good pre soak in citric acid or some other solution would help prior to firing up my drill.

Thoughts please.

Thank goodness it's modular using 18" & 24" sections

Thanks, BS.
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Oh my ! WTH Nice crusty green !

Post by pfshine »

The wire wheel will make short work of it.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Sorry to hear that. Thank goodness for modular alright.
Good to see pfshine had an answer.
badflash
Swill Maker

Post by badflash »

I was reading (can't find it now) someplace here about green distillate and using dilute vinegar to clean it out along with running vinegar through the still. See if you can find those posts. I don't thing you will get all of the oxide by mechanical methods.
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

Oh he will. It is bare metal after. I have done it before because I forgot to rinse my 4" once and it got all crusty. Wire wheel on a rod in a drill chuck. Took all of about 20-30 seconds. But of course a good rub down after to lift off all the particals that were removed.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy