MileHi TBB Reporting

Got letter from TTB? Post all letters here. Include where ya bought your equipment.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Re: MileHi TBB Reporting

Postby Moonlighter » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:39 pm

Whats really scary is whomever posted this for MH, cannot even spell their companies manager's name correct...
Moonlighter
Novice

Postby Ludwig404 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:46 pm

I have been a criminal lawyer for over 30 years, working various times as a prosecutor and a defense lawyer. The cases on search warrants often discuss "freshness" which means just that - in order to allow a l.e. officer to kick in a citizen's door, the officer's affidavit has to not just show grounds for a reasonable suspicion that contraband was once there, but also evidence that supports the belief it is still there. There has to be fresh evidence to corroborate a 3-year-old sales receipt. The agents, if they contact you, will want to look around and question you to see if they can develop that fresh evidence.

Whether or not you have or are violating any law, it is your absolute and unqualified right to tell them (politely, no need to be a smartass) that you do not intend to speak to them without consulting with a lawyer, nor will you consent to a warrantless search of your home, car or business. Technically that ends the interview, but an experienced agent will try to insinuate things will go worse for you if you invoke your rights. That is untrue, don't believe it for a moment. No defendant in my experience ever improved his position by talking to the police BEFORE he talked to his lawyer, or by letting an officer search his car or home without a warrant.
Ludwig404
Novice

Postby MichiganCornhusker » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:52 pm

Thank you for the input, Ludwig, sound advice.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
MichiganCornhusker
Site Mod

Postby Truckinbutch » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:38 pm

Great advice , Ludwig . I have LEO's in my own family that will share the same advice with me . They just don't share it with the people they are investgating or interrogating .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Truckinbutch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby HDNB » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:00 pm

lawyer, lay-oor, law-yoor...lawyer..... bout the only 4 words that should come otta your mouth, in the event of a questioning LEO.

or like bart simpson said "wasn't me, wasn't there, you can't prove it!"

words to live by
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
HDNB
Site Mod

Postby Truckinbutch » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:28 pm

Some place , mayby here , I read about a guy stopped by cops . Wouldn't say a word to all their questions . Just kept making the same gestures with his hands .Finally dawned on the cops that he was signing . They wasted another 3 hours waiting for an interpreter to arrive on the scene and explain that what he was signing was LAWYER . It was a chickenshit stop to begin with and they told him he was free to leave . He smiled at them and said , "Thank you :moresarcasm: " and walked away .......................
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Truckinbutch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Previous

Return to Letters From TTB.