Los Angeles distillery startup.. any local entrepreneurs?

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Octodecon
Novice

Los Angeles distillery startup.. any local entrepreneurs?

Post by Octodecon »

Hello all,

I will be moving to the Los Angeles area in 6 weeks and am looking for a partner(s) to create a craft distillery startup. I have a few ideas, but it's very much a blank canvas depending on where future discussions go.

Anyone in the area with potential interest and looking to chat, please feel free to intro yourself via DM. Business/Distillation experience obviously hugely beneficial, but drive and the means to independently invest capital into a startup business is absolutely essential.

Thanks!

Octo
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Re: Los Angeles distillery startup.. any local entrepreneurs

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

I have to ask. What is it you bring to the table? It just seems that a member here with business and distillation knowledge, drive, and money to invest... well frankly wouldn't need you. So?

If I wanted to open my own restaurant, I wouldnt say "anyone here know how to cook, and have recipes ready? If you pay to open a restaurant, I'd like to split that with you..." lol.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Octodecon
Novice

Post by Octodecon »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:I have to ask. What is it you bring to the table? It just seems that a member here with business and distillation knowledge, drive, and money to invest... well frankly wouldn't need you. So?

If I wanted to open my own restaurant, I wouldnt say "anyone here know how to cook, and have recipes ready? If you pay to open a restaurant, I'd like to split that with you..." lol.

As I clearly mentioned in the post, industry/distilling experience would be beneficial , not essential. Someone with drive and investment capital is more important at this stage. Good luck with your restaurant.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

I am simply suggesting that if you are serious about finding a relationship in the classifieds, perhaps you should say what you have to offer the other person. From your intro post, I know it's not experience in distillation.
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:I have to ask. What is it you bring to the table?
Octodecon wrote: I have a few ideas...
...and apparently, wit:
Octodecon wrote:Good luck with your restaurant.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Octodecon
Novice

Post by Octodecon »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:I am simply suggesting that if you are serious about finding a relationship in the classifieds, perhaps you should say what you have to offer the other person. From your intro post, I know it's not experience in distillation.
I have start up funding and a desire to create an LA distillery. Those are the same two prerequisites that I’m looking for in potential partners, as I’ve stated. Anything further has been conjecture on your part.

I’d be happy to elaborate on my additional skill sets and background with people who meet those simple prerequisites, but I’ll do so in a private discussion, as I have done already with people who responded to this on other sites. If you meet them and are interested, PM me. If not, enjoy your day.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Fair enough. My original reason for sticking my nose here was becuase we know nothing about you, and on your 3rd post your looking for a 'business partner'. There seemed to me to be a potential for a scam, and as a moderator I felt compelled to ask questions. It was not you I cared about, but the protection of well intentioned and established members.

Good luck on your adventure. You'll need more than a partner with cash and a few ideas to get a successful start up, especially with the west coast competition.
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

Octodecon wrote:...I’d be happy to elaborate on my additional skill sets and background with people who meet those simple prerequisites, but I’ll do so in a private discussion, as I have done already with people who responded to this on other sites. If you meet them and are interested, PM me. If not, enjoy your day.
I saw your duplicate request on the ADI forum as well. Maybe there you've found your underwriters. If not, keep looking. We're mostly hobbyists here.

Good luck to you sir.
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

most here will attest that i know shit from peanut butter about distilling, but i'm extremely good at business.

in LA you are going to need 5MM for a successful operation to build a brand. sounds like you are flush, but if you are short a few bucks i can land the rest for you.

all i need is 10% upfront good faith money and i can forward you the rest to your bank account. fortunately my uncle is very high up in the Nigerian government and this is exactly the kind of investment he wants to be in to move his wealth from that very dangerous country.

PM me if you have the ability to receive up to 5MM for your mutual benefit.

:thumbup: :ebiggrin: :wave:
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Octodecon
Novice

Post by Octodecon »

still_stirrin wrote:
Octodecon wrote:...I’d be happy to elaborate on my additional skill sets and background with people who meet those simple prerequisites, but I’ll do so in a private discussion, as I have done already with people who responded to this on other sites. If you meet them and are interested, PM me. If not, enjoy your day.
I saw your duplicate request on the ADI forum as well. Maybe there you've found your underwriters. If not, keep looking. We're mostly hobbyists here.

Good luck to you sir.
ss
Thank you, SS, and I appreciate the good vibes. Hobbyists or not, this place has been a huge trove of research material for me over the past few months. Hopefully in time I can pay it back to the community with some added value of my own.

Best wishes,
Octo