Midwest Contingent

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call

Re: Midwest Contingent

Postby OtisT » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:02 am

I hope you Midwest folks are all doing OK with all that freakishly cold weather you are having. I see that weather map and am thankful I live where I do. On the plus side, if you need to cold crash something you will have no problems doing so.

Stay warm. Otis
Otis’ Pot and Thumper, Dimroth Condenser: Pot-n-Thumper/Dimroth
Learning to Toast: Toasting Wood
Polishing Spirits with Fruitwood: Fruitwood
Badmotivator’s Barrels: Badmo Barrels
OtisT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby StillerBoy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:57 pm

I would be interested in the month May, (hopefully this cold weather will have moved on) and some corn.. that's providing it's held at Houghton Lake.. otherwise anything further down toward Detroit would be what on the far side for me..

And yah OtisT, the weather is cold but its the wind that makes it miserable.. almost frooze my feet two days ago after running the snowblower for two hour recovering for a foot snow.. and old age don't make matter easier as the feeling in my hands and feet are not good anymore..
Mars
StillerBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby ydoih8u » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:13 pm

I could make any of those dates work. Couple of notes on the May dates though... The first one is "Big Brew Day" - A national brew day I imagine other distillers may also be part of, and the second is Mother's Day weekend.

I'd be interested in a group buy. Not sure I'm sold on the corn... I've only done 1 bourbon, but it was a hell of an experience separating that corn lol. I'm sure my arm could be twisted though lol
ydoih8u
Novice

Postby DSM Loki » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:29 am

My schedule is pretty flexible, and I'd be in for some good corn as well. Gotta hit it hard in the shed this year to make up for not running at all last year.
Last edited by acfixer69 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed advertisement
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby PapaSquatch » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:14 am

Howdy folks!
I'm a newbie, been lurking here a while, and gathering pieces to build my first still.
I am also local (relatively speaking) and would like to pick up some pointers from experienced distillers. It's a lot easier to learn from other folks mistakes!
Fort Wayne is just a half hour down the road from me, and the Michigan state line is an hour north - I do not cross it nearly as often as I'd like :esad: .
Houghton is a long way, but I could try for anywhere south of the bridge :)
Everyone called me a worthless nut for years, so I moved to OHIO and made it official!
PapaSquatch
Novice

Postby DetroitDIY » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Good to have you join Squatch.

Regarding a next gathering, I'm not sure what to expect as I haven't heard back from BigStogie in a while. Sooo... we may need to be patient, and indeterminate on a date, or find an alternate venue. Anyone have thoughts on another option?

Haven't distilled since about November, nor fermented much, but I have a few things to bring that weren't ready last time we met. Hoping to get back at it as the weather warms.

DetroitDIY
DetroitDIY
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby ydoih8u » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:15 am

Finally getting around to doing the spirit run on some of that panela from the last group buy. Smelling pretty good coming off the still.
ydoih8u
Novice

Previous

Return to Meet & Mingle & Events