BC Distilled EVENT RUNNING APR 9, anyone going?

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Clae
Novice

BC Distilled EVENT RUNNING APR 9, anyone going?

Post by Clae »

Heya folks, just wanted to make anyone in the British Columbia, Canada area aware that the largest local distillery event in Canada is on again for the first time post-covid hiatus! Hell ya!!!

Tickets are a little pricey at ~65 bucks can., But it's probably still well worth it.

I'm not expecting any formal get together of local hobbyists, but just know that there are gonna be a few of us walking about.
We bake the white bread, We bake the brown bread... We bake all sorts.

15gal Keg Boiler / 42" 2.5" column / Combo CCVM Still Head / Propane Fired
Bushman
Admin

Re: BC Distilled EVENT RUNNING APR 9, anyone going?

Post by Bushman »

Can you give a little more detail about it such as a link that says where and what times? I live just south of the Blaine border crossing and might be interested in attending.
Clae
Novice

Post by Clae »

Bushman wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:33 pm Can you give a little more detail about it such as a link that says where and what times? I live just south of the Blaine border crossing and might be interested in attending.
Absolutely! This is the annual market/showroom event for many of the local BC distilleries, ranging from Vancouver Island to Penticton and the lower mainland. The tickets are at bcdistilled.ca and are 68$ apiece.

Seems that this event will be in limited attending numbers split over two days. I've never had the chance to go myself yet as I got I to all this during covid, so sorry I can't give firsthand experience. All I know is that there are a few of my absolute favourite local distillers unveiling some pretty interesting stuff!

I am familiar with Devine distillers who make an amazing genever (super hard to find gin/whiskey hybrid) and there are some great seasonal liqueurs from the woods distilling co.

Clae
Novice

Post by Clae »

It's at a cultural center roughly 1hr from Blaine crossing fyi.

Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I will see if I can book our condo in downtown Vancouver. I get back from Hawaii on the 4th so it doesn’t give me much time to prepare.
NorthWoodsAb
Swill Maker

Post by NorthWoodsAb »

https://g.co/kgs/LZAvfZ

Here is the event link.
Clae
Novice

Post by Clae »

Just for reference: I'll be at the convention at 7ish today (apr9,)
The young guy in the flowery shirt! It's always great to connect with any avid stillers when I'm there, besides those who are trying to sell me their stuff : P

quadra
Bootlegger

Post by quadra »

How about a follow up? How was the event?
Clae
Novice

Post by Clae »

quadra wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:38 pm How about a follow up? How was the event?
ah, sorry i forgot to!

It was pretty great, you could tell everyone was still getting back into the swing of things, post covid. Plenty of interesting stuff, mixed in with the normal... somewhat lackluster brown spirits. The ones that really stood out was an apple-based chartreuse styled liquer from the alchemyst distillers from penticton, along with their absinthe and liquers which were equally good. I forget who, but one distiller unveiled an aged absinthe which was also very good.

in general, a pretty great event, great turn out as well. never came across one of ours, but i wasnt holding my breath. its a great time, if a little pricy.

quadra
Bootlegger

Post by quadra »

I will try to make it next year, that sounds like fun👍 I have been really impressed with some of the product that Shearingham are doing.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I missed it as well as I just returned a few days before after vacationing in Hawaii. Is there a link or someplace to sign up to get on the mailing list?