S3 2015 meeting defined

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
warp1
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: S3 meeting defined

Post by warp1 »

Well.....figured out a grain bill, picked a yeast and order is in. Should be able to get started right after the 4th and start the aging. I promise NO RYE this time.....that sh!t kicked my ass. Not missing the next one....nooo way
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Smoked and toasted corn would qualify as dark to me. A fade to Brown on your corn offers a lot of flavor.
Should we say anything smoked, toasted, or roasted?

Toasted Blond. As you know Jimbo, one of my favorite things. SOH looks great toasted.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

woodshed wrote:
Toasted Blond. As you know Jimbo, one of my favorite things. SOH looks great toasted.
Haha, touche buddy.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

I have been meaning to bring this up so how bout them HAWKS!
Wear the shirt proudly Tracy. Thanks.

Sippin on damn near the last of RandyMarshs' Wheated Bourbon.
The wife has taken a liking to it.

I have to agree, skip the 51% req. Do what feels right.
robb
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by robb »

OMG...You guys talking Smoked, Toasted and Blond...Hands shakin' Heart racin' a recipe has to be in the makin...Like roasted and toasted and dusky.....anyway.
Thanks for the clarification an because after I think it was Jimbo's chocolate Bourbon (amazing) I would be embarrassed to try true dark grains.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

That was windys fine Spirit of Rasputin Robb.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
robb
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by robb »

Thanks Jimbo. One of the many regrets of that weekend was that I didn't actually take notes, write down whose was what. The more I reflect on that table the more amazed I am of the quality represented. Craft Distiller IS the correct nomenclature. My apology to Windy maybe I was more fuzzy than I thought. Whose Gin was that? I like Gin drinks but never straight, but that was delicious complex flavorfull, smooth.
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

If anyone does a "lightly toasted" sugarhead, you could use this picture for the label
dolezal1.jpg
:lol:
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Robb, There was at least 2 gins on the table. I had one, and there was one from RtalBigR which was the genever style in the ketel bottle. If you had something that was excellent I'm sure it was BigR's genever, that stuff is fantastic.
robb
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by robb »

I've got to do notes! Thanks.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

I am not sure if I did this so THANKS to all who came.
A really big thanks to Jimbo and Windy for the beer and of course the great spirits.
A huge thanks to Windy for all he and his better half brought to the meeting. They truly turned it into the feast it turned out to be.
Bigbob and T-Pee as well.
Most of us just sat around and sampled while they sampled and laid down incredible food and spirits.

Everyone who showed up really turned what was a hard year of my life into an extraordinary time.

Such amazing people with a common goal. NOW that's fellowship!
Windy City
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Windy City »

No thanks necessary it was truly my pleasure to be part of something so wonderful and with so many really great people. I have experienced a lot in my life and have to say I have never experienced something like that, the word that comes to my mind when trying to explain it to myself would be euphoria. :D Or like I said before in more simple terms, it was the exact opposite of suck :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will try and give you a call soon (work/life has been crazy busy) to work out some ideas for next year. Hint thinking of roasting a pig (yum) :thumbup:
Also would like to mention that the home brewers in the crowd should think about bringing a keg to the event. We had one jockey box with two taps and the beer went fast, if more people let me know the are bringing a keg of beer I will provide a second jockey box.

Already waiting impatiently for next year. Thanks to all that attended, contributed and made it happen. :clap: :clap: :clap:
The liver is evil and must be punished
Cranky"s spoon feeding for new and novice distillers
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=52975
robb
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by robb »

Windy, you threw a lot of words out but when you said "the exact opposite of suck" you defined so many different levels. Thank you for your kindness and spirits. Be well to you and yours.
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Heck yeah I'll bring a keg, boilermakers all around!
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Life has been crazy since the meeting for sure. Building a house(the demo re roof is done), maintaining the trophy ranch biz and the distillery had me at 60+ hours last week with no let up in the near future. Sales from the distillery have been soaring in the last few weeks so I work all day then go there at night for 4 or 5 hours. Leave for work at 7am, get home around midnight. Spent a few nights on the sofa at the distillery as well. Passion can extract a big price!

Really looking forward to next year. Since my thread about next year was locked :wtf: I guess we will keep this one going for the when and how. Love the pig roast idea Windy.
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

woodshed wrote:Life has been crazy since the meeting for sure. Building a house(the demo re roof is done), maintaining the trophy ranch biz and the distillery had me at 60+ hours last week with no let up in the near future. Sales from the distillery have been soaring in the last few weeks so I work all day then go there at night for 4 or 5 hours. Leave for work at 7am, get home around midnight. Spent a few nights on the sofa at the distillery as well. Passion can extract a big price!

Really looking forward to next year. Since my thread about next year was locked :wtf: I guess we will keep this one going for the when and how. Love the pig roast idea Windy.
make sure to get some down time. that sounds like a lot of work and stress.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: S3 2015 meeting defined

Post by bearriver »

I took off a percentage of a bill today when the customer paid me for a job. For that I ended up with a really nice tow behind trailer that is big enough for my 2 kids, my wife, and myself.

On my luck, I'm pretty sure that my family and myself will make it to S316. It's pretty exciting. :ebiggrin:
Last edited by bearriver on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

:thumbup:

Looking forward to meeting you Bear
firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by firewater69 »

I can bring a keg maybe 2, one pale ale or an IPA and the other who knows? suggestions?
Moonshine.... American as apple pie & it's part of our heritage, history & culture.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

2,650 miles round trip for me. I can't guarantee the weather but the force is strong in this one. I look forward to meeting you as well Jimbo, along with everyone else.

As far as beer it's hard to go wrong. Fear no beer. If you don't buy Anheuser-Busch products then you done at least half right.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

You planning on making the S32015 show? How much that flux capacitor set ya back :lol:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

thecroweater wrote:You planning on making the S32015 show? How much that flux capacitor set ya back :lol:
Nooooo! Maaaaaarrty! :ebiggrin:

I didn't find the s316 thread, then again I didn't look all that hard either. 2015 would be the last year of my life that I would want to return to.

At least we got hoverboards now.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

bearriver wrote: Nooooo! Maaaaaarrty! :ebiggrin:
2015 would be the last year of my life that I would want to return to.
Sorry you were going though some rough shit Bear. But happy your back and seem in good spirits! Many of us have gone through some pretty dark moments in life. The key is convincing yourself its temporary, which isint always easy to do, and trying to stay/act/think positive, which can be almost impossible to do at times.

Welcome back bud!
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

bearriver wrote:2,650 miles round trip for me. I can't guarantee the weather but the force is strong in this one. I look forward to meeting you as well Jimbo, along with everyone else.

As far as beer it's hard to go wrong. Fear no beer. If you don't buy Anheuser-Busch products then you done at least half right.
You got me beat. It was just under 1800 the way we did it.

There were two DELICIOUS beers brought by our friends Jimbo and Windy City. They were so good we leveled them the first day lol.

Hope you can make it bud. http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 91&t=56489
Steam injection rig http://tinyurl.com/kxmz8hy
All grain corn mash with steam injection and enzymes http://tinyurl.com/mp6zdt5
Inner tube condenser http://tinyurl.com/zkp3ps6
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Thanks Brutal. Windy and I will bring some kegs again next time too. FIrewater, bring whatever, the beer goes down fast there at S3, us hooch makers are a thirsty lot. the more kegs the merrier. :)

Too bad its not next week, Ive got a few carboys lined up waiting for a space on the tapline.
IMG_20151024_13465.jpg
firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by firewater69 »

Nice! Jimbo, your making me thirsty. we're bottling up two carboys tomorrow, doing a spirit run and brewing a single malt corn. gonna be a busy day!
Moonshine.... American as apple pie & it's part of our heritage, history & culture.
Windy City
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Windy City »

I am looking at picking up another jockey box. So like Jimbo said the more kegs the merrier. It's great to be able to try all the spirits and tasty beverages this wonderful group has to offer. Although it comes in second to the comraderie of some of the nicest people I've ever met.
The liver is evil and must be punished
Cranky"s spoon feeding for new and novice distillers
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=52975
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

:wave:

tp (thread necromancer)