S3 2015 meeting defined

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
woodshed
Master of Distillation

S3 2015 meeting defined

Post by woodshed »

Today we are 3 months from the gathering at casa de shed. The opportunity to meet many of the crowd here thrills me.

June 5-7th of this year we are having a get together in Pagosa Springs, CO to discuss our common passions.

All are welcome. Bring something to slap on the grill for the night out at our house.
That will be on 6/6. We have ample free camping surrounding the property and quite a bit on our chunk.
Only one place to put an rv with elec hookup and it is taken by the holder of the S3 pyewacket guitar. Acres within walking distance to the house if you have a genny.

On the 7th I have a local brewery in mind for us to meet at in town. Some of the best folks you will meet own and brew there on a multi generational spectrum. Art being passed on. Wolfe brewery if your interested in their online presence. Their latest release, the Tilted Kilt Scottish Ale @ 8.4% is a beautiful meal and buzz in one package :roll: Don Wolfe actually coined the S3, although I know he does not remember doing so.

I will post up some more info. For now just wanted to freshen the dialogue. With the Meeting of the minds thread I thought a couple of people from the region may come by. Quite a bit bigger than that now.

If you let me know you are coming, and thanks to all that have, I get a better grasp on what to expect.
And I would rather keep directions to the house in a pm or email. And you will need directions. Directions to the distillery can be found at the website.

Come early, stay late. Lot's to do and see in our neck of the woods. Stay tuned.

For those playing along. My S3 barrel is coming around at damn near 3 months. I would not put it on the table for ya, but I will at the meeting good or bad. I am 50% happy with it and always planned for 6 months. So by then who knows?
Looking forward to the S3 tasting. Sounds like Jimbo is gonna pull something out on us.
Last edited by thecroweater on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited in date so there is no confusion with the suggest 2016 meet
aquavita
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: S3 meeting defined

Post by aquavita »

Thanks Shed.

Truly hope to make it.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Your on the list with a ? I hope you make it as well.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Been waiting for something special to post my 1000th post,and this is it! Will be there hopefully Thursday eve with my own tilted kilt! Staying thru Monday the 8th. I'm really looking forward to meeting y'all!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Wear that kilt into the brewery and there's a good chance you will drink free all night.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Steve,the kilt goes every where. :esurprised:
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

:shock: :wtf: :shock:
I assumed as much.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I have not cancelled my condo yet but we have a local distillers meeting in Seattle close to the same time so my wife is saying I should not go to both and I make my big trip north in my boat several weeks after for my annual fishing trip. We will see as time gets closer!
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Worst case 1, me, best case 5. 3 of my girls and trying to talk my son to come down from Montana. But we'll see. Its shapin up to be pretty hectic around then, so might just be the 3 of us, me myself and I, an a big box o likker.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
Drunk-N-Smurf
Rumrunner

Post by Drunk-N-Smurf »

Wish I could be there. No telling if I could even cross the border.
Hangover? I don't get no stinking hangover!
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Wish I could be there too but I just can't make it happen. June and July are always tough for me to get a weekend off. I am able to make it to Proof up here in SEA and hope to at least meet up with some of the PNWers and really hope Bushman makes it to both.
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

I'll be there. With my wife, my best friend, and his wife. I've got an altered s3 recipe on oak that will be around 4 months old by then. Going to start another real s3 batch now that the last one erupted.. It's going to be nuked like a moaf, and 2.5 months old.
Steam injection rig http://tinyurl.com/kxmz8hy
All grain corn mash with steam injection and enzymes http://tinyurl.com/mp6zdt5
Inner tube condenser http://tinyurl.com/zkp3ps6
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Count me in! :esurprised: :clap:

tp (road trip!!)
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

The distillery can be found at
1150 county road 600. Known locally as Piedra Road.
Be expecting a PM if I know you are coming with address for house. First house on the right off of shared driveway if you Google it.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

T-Pee wrote:Count me in! :esurprised: :clap:

tp (road trip!!)
There goes the neighborhood.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

My house is gonna get t-peed and I couldn't be happier!
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Awesome!!! This is gonna be a party!
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

You're gonna let me in the house?? :wtf:
I kinda figured on having a spot somewhere well inside the treeline on the Back 40. You know...just in case the neighbors are looking.
Jeez. I gotta go buy some deodorant. Lysol maybe.

Who'd-a thought? :moresarcasm:

tp
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

1969 revisited?

T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Not.

tp (bringing his own trash bag)
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

T-Pee wrote: I kinda figured on having a spot somewhere well inside the treeline on the Back 40.
Stay away from that ornamental Bradford Pear tree in the corner with the mulch under it.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

I'll remember not to pull a Burt Munro on it. :shifty:

Oh. And in case you've forgotten...
Booner wrote:Jimbo, no pooping behind my trees :eh: If you want to poop over in the National Forest across the road feel free.
tp (serial tree marker)
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

i'd like to make a shipment to the distillery maybe of some "packaging samples" (bottles) ahead of time if that's ok. let me know. I'd be driving and the border guards always ask that question "do you have any alcohol". unsealed illicit likker accross an international border sounds kinda dangerous. not sure i want to find out what would happen, I'd rather just say "no" and be on my way.
i'm booked at the wyndham, is that an ok place? Wife's coming so i got a DD, (an a coupla nice C's too)

let me know in a PM if i achieve persona non grata status by then...hate to be publically humiliated.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

HDNB wrote:...hate to be publically humiliated.
That's my job.

tp (up to the task)
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

I am looking forward to being present and accounted for, good Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

HDNB wrote:i'd like to make a shipment to the distillery maybe of some "packaging samples" (bottles) ahead of time if that's ok. let me know. I'd be driving and the border guards always ask that question "do you have any alcohol". unsealed illicit likker accross an international border sounds kinda dangerous. not sure i want to find out what would happen, I'd rather just say "no" and be on my way.
i'm booked at the wyndham, is that an ok place? Wife's coming so i got a DD, (an a coupla nice C's too)

let me know in a PM if i achieve persona non grata status by then...hate to be publically humiliated.
Always open to packaging options. Wyndam is very nice and close to the distillery and about 10 miles to the house.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

T-Pee wrote:
HDNB wrote:...hate to be publically humiliated.
That's my job.

tp (up to the task)

i usually can manage by myself, but it's nice to know you'll be there for me if i drop the ball.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

With the excellent breweries in town and one marginal distillery drinking is a wide open option to spend your time in our slice of paradise.
If you need a break from such check out this short list of alternatives to punishing the liver.

http://www.folkwest.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow Same weekend as S3 is the Pagosa Folk & Bluegrass Festival on the hill downtown.
http://www.pagosaoutside.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow if you like to play on the river, mtn. bike or shoot disc golf. We have 2 very different disc courses here.
27 holes of traditional golf.
Great fishing from right through town to quiet backcountry streams and lakes. PM about fishing if looking for a guide service.
Archuleta County is 80% federal or reservation land so any outdoor pursuit is available.
Nearby is Chimney Rock National Monument, a day trip to Mesa Verde or Chaco Canyon.
Durango to Silverton narrow Gauge railroad an hour away. Same for the Cumbres Toltec railroad out of Chama, NM.

Fun shopping downtown.

Dining covers the spectrum from innovative sushi offerings to Cajun and all between.

I will post up more when I think of it.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

I would love to wet a trout line. Thanks shed.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

We will wet a line then. We can float the San Juan or hike a high country stream. 20 minutes from either.