Jedfest sourmashed

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Jedfest sourmashed

Post by RandyMarshCT »

Boom, your whiskey is great and I can't wait to do a tour of the distillery and buy a bottle. Keep us posted on where it will be available first.
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Well boom when an empty fifth fly's off the porch and two more get close to it, what do you expect.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

RandyMarshCT wrote:
Also, what did I drink that had ginger in it... it was Jed's (I think) and it was damn good... the fog is starting to lift a bit.
Yup that was mine. It was ginger brandy with pears as the base.
big help
Dunder
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Hey Boom, just to let you know, Uncle Lums bumper stickers are being spread around my town quickly! So you better find that distributor! :wave: :thumbup:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FreeMountainHermit »

Glad you had a safe trip home, Bob.
Blah, blah, blah,........
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

MichiganCornhusker wrote:[quote="RandyMarshCT"Anyone else wanna relive the TB White Dog Experience?
[/quote]

I sure would love a couple fingers...I never got to try the white dog, real bummed about that.

I didn't get to try much the second day. Had me a couple winds throughout the day, but mostly I was just recovering from an amazing Friday night. Truth be told, I don't drink all that much, considering what brings us all together...just one drink a night, 2 on the weekend. So when we stayed up and got blasted, and THEN killed an entire bottle, I felt that night for 2 straight days. Just now got back to the whiskey as we speak. So, sorry to all if I wasn't chipper and as sociable as I usually might be. I had to take the nap. And the early bed time. I'm fuckin old, I suppose.

I did have a real good time, though. It was an honor to spend the weekend with such fine people. I never worry about the quality of drink to be had. Honestly, as these are the first meetings in the course of UN-prohibition, they have to be the most extensive variety of top notch whiskey ever on one table.

Thank you Jed for showing me around the local town, and for introducing me to Amish baked goods. Really good thing I don't live closer. Dangerous.

It was a pleasure to see you again, rager, Randy, and mch. Absinthe night take 2. Boom-Thanks for kicking it up a notch.

Vrock, big Bob, hermit, tb, panicky... thank you for allowing me to know you. Damn fine folks. I hope to see you again soon.

Thank you to all the guest that came. There really is no other place like it than in the company of those on this forum.

I needed this weekend. Alot. Thanks for making it happen.

-SCD
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Shine I had the same problem, I'm pretty much same as you. One drink a night, then thrown into that cornucopia of booze !
I did not recover untill the trip home! Sure was fun though! :moresarcasm: also enjoyed meeting you and the rest of the east coast contingent.
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

MichiganCornhusker wrote:
RandyMarshCT wrote:MCH, I wish I stole a couple fingers of TB's white UJSSM before you headed off into the great yonder in the maltwagon. Never in my life have I tasted a white dog that good.
Ha, I will happily send some out to you RM, no idea how that bottle got in my box... :econfused: :shifty:
Will get some back to you, too, Jed. Anyone else wanna relive the TB White Dog Experience?

yes. dont got enough time to do a full run down of jedfest now. my next post will be quite long when i get to it . How MCH got away with almot 3/4 of a liter of TBs 5 gen white UJSSM at 130p im not to sure :crazy:

crazy thing is i just tried some spirits tonight that i could almost put TBs name on it . it screamed his ujssm. i think TB could put his name on it and be proud , thats how close it was to his.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I am SOOO EMBARASSED :oops: I consider myself such a novice and I have a very unschooled palate . I've posted before when folks were talking about doing this now and going to do that next week ; "I'm going to focus on one product until I feel like I have mastered it before I move to another" . Even a blind hog will find an acorn once in a while .
VAROCKETRY beat me hands down with his oaked UJ . That patience we preach pays off .
>Invitation to all attendees : Meant to exchange addresses and phones with the willing before I left , but it got drunk out that night . Cleared my PM box yesterday and would be happy to hear from anyone that want's to establish more direct communication .
>Nobody commented on the blackberry I brought . Was there something wrong with it or did nobody there like 'sissy' drinks ?
>Randy and all the others that gave me take home samples : I'm saving them until we can go see GAFLATWOODS . I just want to show him what he missed by being skeered of crossing the Mason/Dixon line . I did it and it ain't going to change the way I vote .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Don't sell yourself short Butch , that white dog was very very good. I never got the chance to try the blackberry due to over indulging on Friday night, for that I apoligize. I'll send you a pm with my #s.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Bigbob wrote:Don't sell yourself short Butch , that white dog was very very good. I never got the chance to try the blackberry due to over indulging on Friday night, for that I apoligize. I'll send you a pm with my #s.
Got the PM and I understand about the weather that night . Never got to tease you about 'Danny , Where's Your Troosers' . Prolly a good thing , given your size vs a boxing go rilla :) I'm sure we will make an opportunity to get together again .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jedneck »

Tb I was in the same boat as Bob. Hell I was still feelig the effects of Friday nite Monday. The bottle of blackberry is here and I will try it. It was great seeing old friends and making new.
big help
Dunder
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

Well, folks, now I aint no drinking man, I told you folks that before, so imagine my surprise on Friday night when those guys hog tied me to that table and started tossing back those shots. Why hell, some of the finest sipping whiskey in 5 states was being tossed about like a chearleaders undies. What surprised me most was how well behaved you folks were. Now ol Jed, he's a trooper, hung right in there till I could barely walk, then got up next day and cooked for nearly 40 people. Just don't make um like that anymore - thanks Jed. :clap: :clap: :clap:

My oppology to anyone who's hooch I didn't get too, but come Saturday, I really had had enough to drink. Some of you may have noticed. So I sort of coasted through the day, hoping I'd recover enough to eat something and drive home. The Lady Di, being like she is, was very gracious and to this day has not said a word. But I'm not very proud of myself.

All I can say is, I had a really great time. Drank way more than I can remember I ever had before in my life in one day, and woke up feeling like I was out of focus - but had no headache. I know I tossed that bottle, sorry for that fellas, I must have thought it was a cat, maybe? :moresarcasm:

Anyway, you are all great guys, and I'd be proud to have anyone or all of you come visit our distillery anytime. Only, we aint gonna do that Friday night business that way no more. I just cant. I'm an old man, and that kinda drinking is just way too tough on my disposition! Well, maybe once more, maybe....

But boy, did I have a good time! Thanks all, and display those bumber stickers proudly! Uncle Lum's coming soon to a town near you! :thumbup:
“…Let’s do this one more time....”
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

TB the blackberry was very good. I normally steer clear of fruit flavored drinks because they go down too easy... anything I can pour over a pint glass of ice and drink in less than 5 minutes is dangerous to me. Your aged UJSM is great too, but they fell in the shadow of that white dog. I've just never tasted a white dog that stood up to aged whiskey. I normally think white dog sucks.... like a bad vodka or something. I just hadn't had a good one yet.

Ginger-pear brandy... that's what it was! Boy, was that stuff tasty.

Now I just have to find some Amish folks to make doughnuts for me. They'd go with this cup of coffee real nice.
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jedneck »

TB I just poured my third or maybe fourth blackberry of the evening. Mighty fine drop.
big help
Dunder
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Truckinbutch wrote:SOH was positive about hosting the group at our farm next year . We don't have to confine ourselves to one gathering a year , do we ? I don't want to do anything to diminish Jedfest .
I would love to attend a TruckinFest! There is plenty of room on the calendar for several meetups, plus it would give folks an option to attend one if they couldn't attend another.
I can't see how one would diminish another.
Set a date far enough out, and I will do everything I can to be there. I'd say start up a thread for it, and you and the SOH can expect to meet some new faces as well as familiar. :wave:
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jedneck »

Truckinbutch wrote:SOH was positive about hosting the group at our farm next year . We don't have to confine ourselves to one gathering a year , do we ? I don't want to do anything to diminish Jedfest .
I would love to attend a TruckinFest! There is plenty of room on the calendar for several meetups, plus it would give folks an option to attend one if they couldn't attend another.
Set a date far enough out, and I will do everything I can to be there. I'd say start up a thread for it, and you and the SOH can expect to meet some new faces as well as familiar. :wave:
Hell I think I can even get the SOH here to come along. And I might even be able to supply the pig.
big help
Dunder
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Be glad to provide a Boston Butt or two off my smoker as TB is less than two hours from Casa de Hermit. Darn thing will still be hot if I throw it in the cooler wrapped in a blanket.

New keg with a 6 inch ferrule up top is just about done. Will be able to use both electric or steam when done but $$$$$ is tight right now to score the remaining parts.
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

TB I'm not sure where your at in those mountains but I can get to a lot of WVA in about a 4-6 hour drive. I say start a thread about it. Depending on where and when....I might be able to pull that one off.
But what the heck do I know.....I am still learning.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

TB you should do a meeting. The whole idea is to get as many of these going as we can.
Geographical diversity makes it easier for us all to meet and show the size and respectability of those involved in the craft.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

OK . I'll start the thread . MCH and Freemountainhermit , you have both been here and seen the place . You can describe to others what the lay of the land is . If more is better then I will try to add to the mix .
Rng4
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rng4 »

Would love to have someone have a get together in the Deep South. Central Georgia maybe. Living in south Florida it's a long way to anywhere from here. Sounds like there is plenty of pork at these events, how about some gator for a switch up?
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Truckinbutch wrote: OK . I'll start the thread .
Sorry, didn't mean to step on toes but I beat you to it, Butch.
I knew you would be reluctant to name it something as sexy as Truckorama!
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Truckinbutch wrote: I'll start the thread . MCH and Freemountainhermit , you have both been here and seen the place . You can describe to others what the lay of the land is . If more is better then I will try to add to the mix .
Judging solely by the number of attendees and the tempo of the well behaved participants at last weeks Jedfest I'll go out on a limb and say there's ample room in the general area surrounding TBs physical dwelling. It's a very comfortable setting.

In the event of a ruckas, participants may be banished by the resident SOH to the barn which is fair step or two away. Just kidding of course.

Bring a camp chair or two.

FMH.
ranger_ric
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ranger_ric »

And a foam pad for the "banishment"....

Carry On
RR
If you are not willing to learn
No One Can Help You...
If you are Determined to Learn
No One can STOP you!!
We want you to be safe and succeed so start here
MichiganCornhusker
retired

For those of you who enjoyed my walnut brandy, I have updated the recipe thread where I got the idea:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31092
It is an easy maceration and I just followed the recipe Odin posted to the letter. Super easy to make and a unique spirit for sure.
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

MCH, Odin emphasizes the use of green walnuts in the recipe. Did you follow that route as well ???

FMH.
MichiganCornhusker
retired

FreeMountainHermit wrote:MCH, Odin emphasizes the use of green walnuts in the recipe. Did you follow that route as well ???
FMH.
I did. By green, he means young, immature. They are from a black walnut tree, the husks were green. He may have suggested a european walnut, but I used young walnuts from my good ol' American black walnut tree.
I had to knock them out of the tree when they were just a little smaller than golf balls, near the end of June. They cut easily, husk and all, and start to discolor the second they are picked.
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

gotta say that i think the best part of these meet up is being able to put a face to a name. the meeting of completely random people, coming together with a common interest is whats so awesome to me. now when i read posts from members ive met it becomes just a bit more personal. the more people you meet in this community , the more this community unites.

just sayin, its awesome.

cheers
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I've got to agree , Rager :thumbup: