Truckorama

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Truckorama

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

I'll do it! Here is a thread for a possible fest compliments of TruckinButch.
I'll take the liberty of suggesting a name for the meet-up from a post by croweater:
thecroweater wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote:. SOH was positive about hosting the group at our farm next year . We don't have to confine ourselves to one gathering a year , do we ? I don't want to do anything to diminish Jedfest .
Now would foreign riff raff say a Aussie lad and a Scotty lass be welcome at this Truckorama
Now, I know that TB's offer is as genuine as it is generous.
I also know he is a top notch character of good character, and has a beautiful bit of land that would lend itself very well to this sort of meet. Quiet, off the beaten path, but still an easy place to get to for travelers.

TB and SOH are kind and enthusiastic hosts and I for one would look forward to an overnighter with other like minded renegades. So what say y'all, any interest in this idea?
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: Truckorama

Post by Truckinbutch »

Ya got me ,Bro :wave: So here we go ....... We live 10 minutes from the WVU campus . Any sports fans that have campers can take advantage of this during the sports season because we don't charge nothin for hospitality .
>We are 7 minutes off an interstate highway . There is an Econolodge at that intersection and some other hospices for folks that are not into camping . 235 acre farm with many places to park campers or pitch tents .
2 or possibly 3 bass ponds for the ones that would care to fish . 2 camper spaces in the yard , first come , first reserved . Commercial bbq smoker reserved for the party . Side dishes appreciated but not required . We will provide hog meat and chicken plus beans similar to what I brought to Jedfest .
>12x28 patio and 10x28 covered porch for pickin and grinnin and tellin lie, ummm good stories .
>There will be designated drivers to transport folks from here to motels and back at appointed times .
>I would like to look at late July/early August for a time frame . I don't want to crowd too close into another Jedfest .
>OK , MCH , what did I leave out here for an initial offering ?
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

Just looked in Google, I'm 5 hrs from West Virginia University. Not saying I'm in 100%.....but thinking real real hard about this one.

But if I show up and there is no liars bench, Ima be pissed.
But what the heck do I know.....I am still learning.
ranger_ric
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ranger_ric »

TB,
You better get to whittlin' on the bench for us.
I am only 1500 miles away but by the time this goes off I may be able to make it...
I really hope you can "Git 'er Done" !!

Carry On
RR
If you are not willing to learn
No One Can Help You...
If you are Determined to Learn
No One can STOP you!!
We want you to be safe and succeed so start here
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

StillLearning1 wrote:Just looked in Google, I'm 5 hrs from West Virginia University. Not saying I'm in 100%.....but thinking real real hard about this one.

Rest assured , there will be a 'Bench' and as a bonus :we are still south of the Mason/Dixon Line . Matter of fact , I could carry you up to see it in 5 minutes time from my house .
>We went 4 hours to Jed's and Randy Marsh drove 7 . BigBob needed 2 or 3 airplanes and a flippin rental car to get there . How bad do you want to party ?.............
>Speaking of BigBob , we got an airport 15 minutes from the house .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

ranger_ric wrote:TB,
You better get to whittlin' on the bench for us.
I am only 1500 miles away but by the time this goes off I may be able to make it...
I really hope you can "Git 'er Done" !!

Carry On
RR
Why you simple dickhead , that bench is already in place just waiting on asses to occupy it ! Just ask MCH or FMH . They been here . Don't get offended by the dickhead appellation , that's a term of affection around here . :wave:
ranger_ric
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ranger_ric »

Well TB with that "apellation" I expect the bench to be truly "whittled"
LOL :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
Carry ON
RR
No One Can Help You...
No One can STOP you!!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

ranger_ric wrote:Well TB with that "apellation" I expect the bench to be truly "whittled"
LOL :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
Carry ON
RR
You got to bring ass to get ass .
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

Truckinbutch wrote:
StillLearning1 wrote:Just looked in Google, I'm 5 hrs from West Virginia University. Not saying I'm in 100%.....but thinking real real hard about this one.

Rest assured , there will be a 'Bench' and as a bonus :we are still south of the Mason/Dixon Line . Matter of fact , I could carry you up to see it in 5 minutes time from my house .
>We went 4 hours to Jed's and Randy Marsh drove 7 . BigBob needed 2 or 3 airplanes and a flippin rental car to get there . How bad do you want to party ?.............
>Speaking of BigBob , we got an airport 15 minutes from the house .
I got almost a year to save/ convince the wife to come with me. I'm down. Count me in until further notice. As the kids now say..yolo dude. Or wtf ever.
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Truckinbutch wrote:I would like to look at late July/early August for a time frame .
That's a nice time a year, TB, I think I can make that. And a nice drive through that country, driving form out east, or Michigan, wherever I happen to be coming from at that time.
I think I'll bring a tent this time, those rolling hills sort of just call out for a campout.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

MichiganCornhusker wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote:I would like to look at late July/early August for a time frame .
That's a nice time a year, TB, I think I can make that. And a nice drive through that country, driving form out east, or Michigan, wherever I happen to be coming from at that time.
I think I'll bring a tent this time, those rolling hills sort of just call out for a campout.
+1.

I will be planning an attendance. :wink:
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FreeMountainHermit »

MichiganCornhusker wrote: I think I'll bring a tent this time, those rolling hills sort of just call out for a campout.

and ya can use a chunk of coal for a pillow.

Sweet dreams.
Blah, blah, blah,........
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

Good point there FMH. I think Ima bring my hammock. Got two trees anywhere near the house tb? :lol: I guess I need to find an air mattress for the wife. She's not to big in the hammock sleeping like I am.

Crap. I just realized I need to have some samples in hand. ..I'm not sure I'm ready to put my bottles beside y'alls. I don't think my cornflakes will impress much next to what you guys do!
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

StillLearning1 wrote:Good point there FMH. I think Ima bring my hammock. Got two trees anywhere near the house tb? :lol: I guess I need to find an air mattress for the wife. She's not to big in the hammock sleeping like I am.

Crap. I just realized I need to have some samples in hand. ..I'm not sure I'm ready to put my bottles beside y'alls. I don't think my cornflakes will impress much next to what you guys do!

im sure we have all felt that way. thing is, there was nothing at the jedfest table that i wouldnt have tried again. so it seems to show the members here are doing quite well with their hobby

btw tb. i sampled the black berry brandy twice. i really enjoyed the flavor of the berry. didnt seem like a sugar panty dropper thing. more like a maceration . but i have no real idea what you did but i really liked it

id love to be in attendance to truckorama. time of year doesnt matter to me.

cheers. thank you for bringing up the oppertunity and willing to host , to bring more people together.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Just googled it, I'm 10,079 miles from WVU . July is a fine time not to be here (its mid winter) but I would have to see what the cost would be and if I could cover it :thumbup:
Suzzie is onboard with the general concept
Whoa just done a quick calculation to see this is 16,220 kms one way give or take, don't sound far if ya say it fast. Not sure it would be wise for me to bring anything I made and risk being expelled at the airport.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

thecroweater wrote:Just googled it, I'm 10,079 miles from WVU . July is a fine time not to be here (its mid winter) but I would have to see what the cost would be and if I could cover it :thumbup:
Suzzie is onboard with the general concept
Whoa just done a quick calculation to see this is 16,220 kms one way give or take, don't sound far if ya say it fast. Not sure it would be wise for me to bring anything I made and risk being expelled at the airport.
You just bring yourselves . We will talk to ya while you are here and about ya when you have left . There will be more to drink than would be good for any human in a short time .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

StillLearning1 wrote:Good point there FMH. I think Ima bring my hammock. Got two trees anywhere near the house tb? :lol: I guess I need to find an air mattress for the wife. She's not to big in the hammock sleeping like I am.

It's a mile from the house to the back end of the place . We will find you 2 trees together at what we consider a suitable distance from the house after we meet you :moresarcasm: Bringing samples is not required . I figger there would be plenty .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Anyone that has an opportunity to get in the area does not have to wait until gathering plans are finalized . The language spoken here every day is hospitality . Ask MCH and Freemountain hermit . I would think that a
one on one visit would cause you to want to come back for a party .
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

I'll be there for sure TruckinButch! Hopefully the better half will be able to come along this time. If not, I'll be there anyway. It's a solid 8.5 hour drive for me... no problem!
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FreeMountainHermit »

Truckinbutch wrote: The language spoken here every day is hospitality . Ask MCH and Freemountain hermit .
Breakfast ain't to bad either. :clap: :thumbup:
Blah, blah, blah,........
MichiganCornhusker
retired

I'd be very happy to help and learn how to put together one of those smokey bacon cornbread wagon wheels...
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I'm seeing a lot of positive energy here :thumbup:
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

If I may make a suggestion/ request. I heard a little about a cuts demo at jedfest. That would be amazing learning experience for me. To learn more about cuts first hand that is. Now I know the experience level of the folks there will very drastically. But I'd be willing to even bring an uncut run to the meting just to see this take place. Just an idea.... I just want the experience to be much more than just a tasting ( even though I'm looking forward to that too!)
ranger_ric
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ranger_ric »

SL 1...
If you can pull this off.. I highly recommend having this happen "Early" in the day. Maybe right after breakfast and (lots of) coffee.
Iffin I went to Truckorama I would participate in all the activities but I would LOVE to try all the items brought..
Carry On
RR
No One Can Help You...
No One can STOP you!!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

We will see how much traction this whole deal gains and then refine plans as we go along . Thank MCH for kicking this in the ass early enough to maybe get it to happen .
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

StillLearning1 wrote:If I may make a suggestion/ request. I heard a little about a cuts demo at jedfest. That would be amazing learning experience for me. To learn more about cuts first hand that is. Now I know the experience level of the folks there will very drastically. But I'd be willing to even bring an uncut run to the meting just to see this take place. Just an idea.... I just want the experience to be much more than just a tasting ( even though I'm looking forward to that too!)
i was lucky enough to be able to partake in the cuts on jeds run. he and i were within 1 jar on the heads and i believe within 2 jars of the tails. randy actually took a few notes on where members made there cuts. there was a range of where the people would have made cuts on their own run , but for the most part we were all pretty close. apparently someone actually picked out a jar that was stopped and started again in the middle of the run :crazy:

st1

i can agree. jed started with his cuts. it would be awesome if we could do a spirit run all together or a mash . or something along the lines with s3 where a grain bill it put together and everyone either brings a couple gallons of their own mash or low wines and then do one nice spirit run and divided equally after the run or something along that idea

make sense?
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

SOH has laid down the LAW for here . Cut and blend seminar is fine . We had to leave Jed's just as that was starting . There won't be no stillin , no gun shootin , and she promises to take a brush broom to anybody she catches pissin in her raised garden beds . I guess that includes me :roll:
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

Truckinbutch wrote:SOH has laid down the LAW for here . Cut and blend seminar is fine . We had to leave Jed's just as that was starting . There won't be no stillin , no gun shootin , and she promises to take a brush broom to anybody she catches pissin in her raised garden beds . I guess that includes me :roll:
Well I guess on that note I might need one more tree beside that hammock. I can 100% understand and agree with the no stillin, but I sure hope we can still shoot the shit.
ranger_ric
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ranger_ric »

Hey TB,
The SOH probably wont believe you, but....
My SOH's rose garden is next to the mancave and I seldom go back to the house... She was commenting just last week how her roses seem to be flourishing this year...

But respect will be shown to YOUR SOH's wishes..(although the "raised beds" may suffer in the long run)..

Carry On
RR
No One Can Help You...
No One can STOP you!!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Well , hell ! We will have some kind of facilities . A Porta-Potty or at least a designated tree to get behind for the guys . Ladies can use the more cultured indoor accommodations .SL will have to be cautious on just which trees he ties his rope bed off to .