PNW Meet 2016

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Bushman
Admin

Re: PNW Meet 2016

Post by Bushman »

I've been thinking about you as you haven't been around lately. I've been busy moving my mother-in-law but have an all fients run I should make. We had talked about meeting up while I am running my still as you were interested in how I do a run so maybe we can pick a day this week and I can PM my address so we can meet up again at my house.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

I finally managed to get the Sunday of the BBQ off but I am getting a bit concerned since Bearriver hasn't been on in a month. Anybody hare from Bear lately?
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Talked to him a couple of weeks ago. He is very busy with work, but all is well and proof and BBQ is still a go! See ya there cranky! :thumbup:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Hello everyone! I am sorry that I haven't been here but life has not afforded me the luxury of free time. Real world obligations and unexpected changes have soaked up it all up, but I will be back here in short order.

The meet at my home is still happening. We are getting the place ready and have been looking forward to this all year. If you might be attending and haven't got my cell phone number and address, then please reach out and ask for it. Thank you!

I will make an effort to get on HD for a few hours this week and say hello. I sorely miss reading your posts.
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FreeMountainHermit »

I was worried about you. :crazy: :wave: :thumbup:
Blah, blah, blah,........
iwine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by iwine »

We are packed up and ready to leave for Seattle Tuesday after work. We will spend 3 days in Montana and Idaho. Just getting a little R&R on the way there.

I'm looking forward to you guys. :thumbup:

Happy 4th. :clap:
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

I didn't get VIP tickets in time and they are sold out. Thus is the way of life.

I will still be there outside to carpool Big Bob into Seattle for his VIP entry, if you want to come say hello to us before the doors open. You will see me in an S3 Tee, standing next to a noticeably tall man.

Hyped. :ebiggrin:
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Bear, I am pretty sure I cannot attend Proof this year as I have been busy trying to sell my mother-in-laws house. I am interested in the BBQ the next day at your place and I think I still have your address in my GPS but can you send me details about the BBQ and what I should bring? Also can I bring my wife (might need a designated driver) :mrgreen:
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Bear you don't have to carpool me if you don't want to. Maybe someone can scalp a ticket?
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

I think they said they reserved some tickets to be sold at the door, maybe you can upgrade once you are there.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

I was able to get in contact with one of the event managers and landed 3 more VIP tickets.

For the BBQ on Sunday we grabbed a beef brisket, chicken, pork shoulder, and Big Bob is fixing up his famous ribs. My father and wife are also doing up some side dishes, so I hope that everyone arrives hungry. :D
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

Cancel the offer, wife has decided to go.now...
Last edited by Euphoria on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

That's great that your going bear!! Sorry that your wife can't make it Euphoria. See you guys tommorow!! :wave: :thumbup:
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Euphoria wrote:VIP Ticket Available...

My wife has had to cancel out on Proof. I now have an extra VIP ticket available to anyone who wants it. I'd rather give it away rather than waste it, so if anyone is interested, post a reply here. First come, first served. If you are interested, meet me in front of the Fremont Studio at about 4:15. I'll be wearing a black long sleeved t-shirt with a S3 T-shirt over it and a black leather vest and blue jeans. Look for a 6'2" red headed guy. If you're interested, leave a post here and I will check in on this thread in the morning to see if anyone wants it. Can't beat the price.
I am really struggling with this whole Proof. I just got home 1.5 hours from Seattle spending 2 days working at my Mother-in-Laws, Monday I have to take my mother in law to Tacoma for a funeral. This means if I go to Proof and the BBQ I will be traveling today 1.5 hours to get back to Seattle, spend the night at my Mother-in-laws, travel 40 minutes to Bears the next day then drive 2 hours home and turn around the next day and drive 2 hours to Tacoma and another 2 hours home on Monday.
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Bushman wrote:I am really struggling with this whole Proof.
If you're looking for someone to tell you to do it, I'll volunteer! :wave:
There are only so many opportunities like this that come along in life, they're worth taking advantage of if you get the chance. They are what make the real memories.
I had a lot going on last fall, and really had no business taking time out to attend JedFest, but I did fit it in for a day and I'm really glad I did.

BigBob and I talked about this out at Woodshed's last year. It takes effort to get to these things, and at the time it's easy to let it go and say maybe next time, but if you do make the effort the rewards can be great.

Sounds like you have a lot going on, and it is perfectly valid and understandable to not fit this in this year. But I bet that if you do, you will be glad you did. :thumbup:
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

I am sorry I can't make it this year!

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Thank you Odin, but do not fret. We all really enjoyed your company last year and will undoubtly will see you again someday. I'll be sure to raise a glass in your direction tonight.

@Bushman, please do what feels right. I support whatever you decide on doing. It would be a real pleasure to see you again this year but I do understand that life has it's complexities for each of us. :thumbup:
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

So I'm in Kent,Washington waiting for bearriver to pick me up for proof. Don't take it weird, but I feel like a prom date! Brought up some apple brandy and sweet feed to sample at BBQ. Also 3 racks of ribs, hope everybody's hungry!!
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Just got back from proof. Had a great time with bearriver, his wife and friend mark. Also meeting old vine zin, iwine and Eurphoria at the event was a plus. Great guys all. However the event was not that great, being on here and being able to sample everybody's spirits here just spoils you for commercial spirits. There was nothing I sampled there that I thought could hold a candle to the spirits I've tried at these meet and mingle events. I'm looking forward to the BBQ!
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

gotta agree. comercial suck unless got a fat wallet
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Sadly I couldn't make it to Proof, I am kind of jealous of you guys that did but I am looking forward to trying your apple brandy Bigbob and seeing how it compares to mine. I will be bringing some apple myself and some grape brandy brandy, last time I tried them I thought they were pretty good. I'm tempted to bring along a bit of white apple brandy but I'm not sure what proof it is and I broke my alcometer and the damn brew shop didn't have any :(

Trying to post same time as others
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

just sittin on the outside lookin in. wish i could be there but life happens
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Looking forward to your brandy cranky! Jed hopefully I'll see you at truckerama!
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Yea a real eye opener tasting the crap that is being marketed as craft, looking forward to the BBQ tomorrow and I hope that my stuff isn't as bad as what I tasted today. If it is please be honest and tell me.
OVZ
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

BTW Bigbob your sweet feed :thumbup:
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

I LIKE SWEET FEED!!!! :wave:
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Bob, have you ever ground your SF in a mill ?
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

No just the plain old recipe. :thumbup:
nerdybrewer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by nerdybrewer »

Oldvine Zin wrote:Yea a real eye opener tasting the crap that is being marketed as craft, looking forward to the BBQ tomorrow and I hope that my stuff isn't as bad as what I tasted today. If it is please be honest and tell me.
OVZ
OZ, what I tasted of yours was excellent. You have nothing to be concerned about. ;)
Cranky's spoonfeeding:
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52975

Time and Oak will sort it out.
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Gotcha. Might try a Booners SF sometime for the fun of it.