Secret Stiller Society Day (S3)

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Secret Stiller Society Day (S3)

Post by WooTeck »

ive read the few first posts and im in. will catch up with the rest later.
BTR Kentucky
Swill Maker

Post by BTR Kentucky »

Sounds pretty neat to get together and talk stories of stilling etc... Each state having a meet or chapter so to speak sounds like a good idea too. Something that runs through my head though is cops being there, getting license plate numbers etc, makes me a little paranoid. Been there, done that, got the number, not wanting big brother knowing too much about me, but im sure he already does :ebiggrin:
"He is not a fool to give the things he cannot keep, to gain the things which he cannot loose"
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Haus wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Im diggin the spirit of this thread. I think its time to wear our colors proudly with some biker vests to show our affiliation and region...
VestSm.JPG
What would a 1%'er have done??? :thumbup:
Well.... since we're outlaws, look in the mirror and ask away. :D
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

They would suck it up and earn a patch that says"ITCOB"
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
Haus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Haus »

Jimbo wrote:
Haus wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Im diggin the spirit of this thread. I think its time to wear our colors proudly with some biker vests to show our affiliation and region...
VestSm.JPG
What would a 1%'er have done??? :thumbup:
Well.... since we're outlaws, look in the mirror and ask away. :D
Good Point!
you can lead a horse to water but it's hard as hell to drown it
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

pythonshine wrote:Could the organizers of this event let me know(P.M.) of a date when it's fingered out? Might be able to set S3CD up on the same date if there are no schedule conflicts.
Looks like the big meet up this year is going to be August 6th. Trukinbutch was kind enough to pick up the fallen torch this year. Looks to be a great time!

http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 7&start=30

Don't know if you can plan around that date, or if you can even just plan on being there. Only 6.5 hours south of Toronto...not the worst considering you would meet half the active forum there.

Do it! :lol:
Last edited by ShineonCrazyDiamond on Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:
pythonshine wrote:Could the organizers of this event let me know(P.M.) of a date when it's fingered out? Might be able to set S3CD up on the same date if there are no schedule conflicts.
Looks like the big meet up this year is going to be August 8th. Trukinbutch was kind enough to pick up the fallen torch this year. Looks to be a great time!

http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 7&start=30

Don't know if you can plan around that date, or if you can even just plan on being there. Only 6.5 hours south of Toronto...not the worst considering you would meet half the active forum there.

Do it! :lol:
cheers to TB :thumbup: :wave:

i hope to see you there Shine, it should be epic. gonna have to see if i can catch a ride with randy again...
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

well looks like I'm going to need my passport....I'm four hours south of Toronto already......I'm going to try to schedule the S3CD maybe after....still going to talk to Yak and see what he thinks. :think: 8)
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

8/6/16 on a Saturday NOT 8/8/16 . Details will be covered in PM's as it draws closer . Campers welcome and motels 6 miles away . Need a head count for menue planning for the BBQ . Guitfiddle and banjer pickers welcome .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

I strongly urge anybody if halfway interested to really try to make one of these. I went to three last year and now have friends all over the country(and Canada!). I'm already committed to the PNW meet in July, and trying to make it to Truckarama! You will learn a lot and meet really wonderfull people. I just can't express it.....GO!!!!!! :thumbup:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Indeed. If it were not for S3 then I would not have pushed for the PNW meet to happen in the first place. You folks are wonderful and I am honored to have met some of the faces behind HD.

I am very much looking forward to seeing you again in July Bob, along with every one else that will be there. Let me know if there is anything I can do to accommodate your stay. :ebiggrin:
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Thanks bear, maybe we can ride to proof and back like last year? And if you want, I'll bring some more ribs and rub to the gathering Sunday.
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
varocketry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by varocketry »

Hello all, I'm still listenin'.

Looking forward to meeting up somewhere. I'm heading' to SLC in early May for some PARAGLIDING after trying LaJolla (San Diego) last year. Yep, just another hobby ......
-Just need something else to build. -
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

rager wrote: gonna have to see if i can catch a ride with randy again...
No problem buddy.

TB, my wife and I would love to attend. We'll probably camp if that's alright.
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Fine by me , Randy .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

bearriver wrote:Indeed. If it were not for S3 then I would not have pushed for the PNW meet to happen in the first place. You folks are wonderful and I am honored to have met some of the faces behind HD.
. :ebiggrin:
Couldn't agree more.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Bigbob wrote: I just can't express it.....
In Pagosa last summer, at one point Bigbob and I were sitting at a picnic table at a local brew pub swillin' down delicious craft beer, eating ridiculous food, listening to Jimbo rock out, and T-Pee singin', with the locals, hanging out with other HD members, and otherwise soaking in the sunny day.

We got to talking about how life has a way of pushing ya around, and how hard it is to take time away from daily routine to make a multi-day trip like this. But in the moment, we knew that this is what life really is. As he says, it's hard to express, but that day, when we were reflecting on what a magnificent day it was, I swear saw a giant tear caught up in his giant eye. Coulda just been the sun, it was bright that day.

It was an adventure, and a day, that I will always remember.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

MichiganCornhusker wrote:
Bigbob wrote: I just can't express it.....
In Pagosa last summer, at one point Bigbob and I were sitting at a picnic table at a local brew pub swillin' down delicious craft beer, eating ridiculous food, listening to Jimbo rock out, and T-Pee singin', with the locals, hanging out with other HD members, and otherwise soaking in the sunny day.

We got to talking about how life has a way of pushing ya around, and how hard it is to take time away from daily routine to make a multi-day trip like this. But in the moment, we knew that this is what life really is. As he says, it's hard to express, but that day, when we were reflecting on what a magnificent day it was, I swear saw a giant tear caught up in his giant eye. Coulda just been the sun, it was bright that day.

It was an adventure, and a day, that I will always remember.
I remember that day. I was sitting across from y'all talking to T-Pee in the shade on the north side of the party. We were talking about this hobby, and another hobby, and life. That lady that works at the brewery was singing and she, was so, not hard, to look at. Windy was there looking sharp as hell in that hat. Steve chatting with everyone with a big smile on his face. Jimbo was playing guitar - wait, he wasn't just "playing guitar." Doesn't do it justice. He was making it sing. Sometimes it was like a stream of thought coming out of the guitar. Sun shinin'. Not an unfriendly face anywhere as far as you could see.

Making time for events like that really is what life is about.
Steam injection rig http://tinyurl.com/kxmz8hy
All grain corn mash with steam injection and enzymes http://tinyurl.com/mp6zdt5
Inner tube condenser http://tinyurl.com/zkp3ps6
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

We were certainly fortunate to have been a part of a magic few days. <sniff>

tp (looking back and wearin' the t-shirt)
BTR Kentucky
Swill Maker

Post by BTR Kentucky »

Where about a will this be located at? Sounds like a good time. Wondering how far it is from me western Kentucky.
"He is not a fool to give the things he cannot keep, to gain the things which he cannot loose"
Due51
Swill Maker

Post by Due51 »

IN! Very much looking forward to this.

Can I bring "stuff" INTO Canada from Michigan?
Those who stay...
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

I'll be there TB, count on that. Jedfest was one of the highlights of my year last year. Super fun doing everything I like doing - telling stories, drinking, eating, and being in good company. Can't beat it.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

panikry83 wrote:I'll be there TB, count on that. Jedfest was one of the highlights of my year last year. Super fun doing everything I like doing - telling stories, drinking, eating, and being in good company. Can't beat it.
warms my heart to think about hosting y'all here SOH is into it , too .
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

Truckinbutch wrote:
panikry83 wrote:I'll be there TB, count on that. Jedfest was one of the highlights of my year last year. Super fun doing everything I like doing - telling stories, drinking, eating, and being in good company. Can't beat it.
:thumbup:
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

rager wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote:
:thumbup:
+ :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

I would love to meet TB and the east coast contingent. 8/6/16 is marked on my Calendar. TB youre a gentleman for the offer. Thank you. Now I just need to find a way there. Maybe share the gas bill with MC?, or maybe burn up some miles Ive accumulated with them aerolines.

My Triple Smoke batch for S3:16 is about a year old now. Aging up beautifully in a 5 gallon barrel. I pulled a fifth this morning, cut down to 90p and enjoying a glass at high noon! Its damn fine sirs. Peat, Beechwood and Cherry smoked malts in there.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

An idea about Tshirts:
My sons have ordered one-off t-shirts online, with their own artwork.
Wondering if we could post a print-ready design that folks could use to do the same...
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Darn ... I'd love to visit!

On another note: we will have a secret stillers BBQ in the Netherlands on May 21st. An hour drive from me.

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

We need to kick all these ideas around . I like a t-shirt idea . I figure we got to around July 12 to work out details nad at that point we chisel it in stone . Only thing left will be a final headcount on the guest list . Directions to my place can be shared at that time . Probably mostly through phone calls to me or other folks that know how to get here . Camper and tent spaces will also be reserved and I will share motel info . Working on maybe having a designated driver/limo for those moteling . No promises at this point . I'll keep y'all updated .
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

My rules when organizing meets was if I didn't have a name and number they didn't get an address, that simple
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin