10,300 miles as the Crow flys

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
StillLearning1
Trainee

Re: 10,300 miles as the Crow flys

Post by StillLearning1 »

Sounds like some pretty reasonable ground rules to me TB. Your SOH must be a saint to even allow us to have this shindig. :clap:
But what the heck do I know.....I am still learning.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

StillLearning1 wrote:Sounds like some pretty reasonable ground rules to me TB. Your SOH must be a saint to even allow us to have this shindig. :clap:
Well , I love her and we've been friends for over 30 years . She's a Lady where required and a 'HELLBITCH' that packs a pistol and will use it , given cause .
>I try not to give her cause ..........................
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Pretty lax and reasonable rules if ya ask me :thumbup:
We are both looking forward to meeting the both of you and everyone else to be sure
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Bigbob wrote:4.5 isn't bad, I wouldn't mind. Would just have to coordinate with crow. Course being in a car with me for 4/5 hours might make him think on it.
Thanks BB that is a generous offer and something to consider :thumbup:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
JayD
Novice

Post by JayD »

Hope you make to the states and we can finally say...G'Day, it's a little embarrassing to meet a person that lives only bout a 100 miles away to meet them on the other side of the world, I will be in the states very soon...will pm you my cell once your here.
I run a 6" 4 x sieve plate bubbler (flute), all hand made by myself, Custom Copper Fabricator mounted on my 100ltr boiler...my approach to Hobby distillation is safety 1st, quality a close 2nd and making good friends with similar hobby's as myself.
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Have a safe drive! Driven from almost coast to coast (2/3 the way started east of the great lakes and went all the way west)

Done it different ways through Canada (Both northern and southern routs), Through the USA.

I found it pretty draining but fun also. I woudl say drive a little stay a place of interest and then gow another dya or so along. The quickest trip I made was about 3.5 days.. but that was only stopping for about 4 hours in a hotel every night to get a few hours sleep and the most imprtant part a shower in the morning.

Drive safe and have fun! Should be an epic trip.

B
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Well passport expired a dozen years ago so filled out a new application had a shave for the happy snaps. Gee whiz what an hour long two razor drama that was :roll: exit grizzled grey old poppy crow enter slick dick cocky young Raven :lol:
Edit Sue says wishful thinking
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Still waiting for my passport :wtf:
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

By the time you get it your bum fluff will have grown back and you won't look like your photo :D
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

got the passport today and done the application for the visa waiver registration. so far so good, its really starting to become a reality :mrgreen:
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Are any dates confirmed yet? I need to book our flights back east, currently have a wedding August 6th but trying to figure out my schedule and how long we want to stay. My wife is interested into some of the American Revolution battle grounds as her relatives were very involved in the battles. One of her relatives married a Herkimer, actually I believe there is a county named for the family in New York.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

not yet but I expect i will in a few days
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

ok we got dates :ebiggrin: , we would arrive on the 28th of July about 4:00 pm US EST at Dulles DC and be heading off on the 8 of Sept.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

OK well it is the 28th seems Suzie has tentatively booked us in at some motel near Dulles airport for the first 2 days. We will spend a few days there looking about. I would think day one we will be resting then check things out, the Smithsonian is on my list and the monuments anything else you guys can think of around there we'll look into. Big Bob and MCH when would you guys likely be in DC, maybe we could to boomtowns and any other nearby places
@ Shineoncrazydiamond I will look into getting that way, if not you are welcome as is anyone else to catch up with us in DC if that's possible :thumbup:
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

thecroweater wrote:OK well it is the 28th seems Suzie has tentatively booked us in at some motel near Dulles airport for the first 2 days. We will spend a few days there looking about. I would think day one we will be resting then check things out, the Smithsonian is on my list and the monuments anything else you guys can think of around there we'll look into. Big Bob and MCH when would you guys likely be in DC, maybe we could to boomtowns and any other nearby places :thumbup:
I'm not sure yet where my travels will put me around that time, but if I'm out in DC, we could definitely do a pre-Butch meet. The museums and monuments are a great way to spend days in town. I like to walk through the Korean monument early dawn or last dusk, just before dark either way, preferably in the rain. It's quite moving. I think you guys will really enjoy your trip. I will be in touch as dates get closer.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Just four weeks to go :D
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

T minus 10, 9 , 8 , 7 , 6.... ignition sequence started :mrgreen:
Six days to go guys starting to get excited about meeting a whole bunch of you as the reality of it is really setting in :thumbup: , We will be in DC by the evening of the 28th
MichiganCornhusker
retired

thecroweater wrote:T minus 10, 9 , 8 , 7 , 6.... ignition sequence started :mrgreen:
Six days to go guys starting to get excited about meeting a whole bunch of you as the reality of it is really setting in :thumbup: , We will be in DC by the evening of the 28th
+1
See ya soon. :wave:
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

MichiganCornhusker wrote:
thecroweater wrote:T minus 10, 9 , 8 , 7 , 6.... ignition sequence started :mrgreen:
+1
See ya soon. :wave:
+2

:wave: :thumbup: :ebiggrin:
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

+3 . Wegot the light om for ya .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Well just a day or so away now, turns out we are around DC a few more days than I anticipated so anyone in driving distance would like to catch up give us a holler . Dates are Arriving 28th and heading out on the second so we are out and about from the 29th to the 1st :thumbup:
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I fly in on the 4th will just miss you. I did give MCH my info and itinerary so if he thinks we can meet up some where that would be great.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Yeah looks like we might miss crossing paths by hrs . Its just that day we are leaving that evening to make our way to WV, so I think the next morning we will not be so far west of you but depending on your itinerary meeting might be tricky as we will be travelling southwest with some time constraints
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

My wife has an all gal thing on the 5th the day before the wedding and not sure if I am dropping her off or how she is getting there.
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

P.M. Sent Mr. Crow.

It would be great to cross paths. Maybe I can be at truckorama in spirit if that happens! I've always wondered how my froot loops holds up against the big boys! :lol:
MichiganCornhusker
retired

StillLearning1 wrote: I've always wondered how my froot loops holds up against the big boys! :lol:
I might have just enough Froot Shine tucked away to compare. :wave:
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

That would be awesome!!!
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

10 hours til we hitch the mules and haul out of here started packing clothes and crap , damn though its cold
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

Don't worry about that cold crow. Heat index here has been 105+ all week.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Wish I could bring my single malt and sliv over but I don't care to hazard the risk of being questioned, never travelled on a visa waiver before so not sure what to expect