Possible 2017 S3 Home Distiller rendezvous at my home

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
robb
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Possible 2017 S3 Home Distiller rendezvous at my home

Post by robb »

Man. Missed so many. Would be great to see old and meet new friends. Only 24 hrs and 1700 miles. Just might be doable. Will stay tuned. Thanks for the offer.
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

just had an idea,

seems like the first S3 meeting there was a grain bill involved where members decided what grain bill they wanted and then everyone would come up with their variation of the "grain bill" .

i would like to suggest the same for S3:17

eveyone is welcome to throw out ideas and we can vote

im going to say single malt AG ferment. rye, barley, corn, wheat, ect .

ive got 50 lbs of red wheat malt finishing up.

if everyone starts now thats a long time for some serious ageing.

thoughts?
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

The first S-3 meeting was a bring what you had. No exact recipe, the second was going to be a all grain smoked and unfortunely never happen. Although I'm not an all grain guy, I like the idea. Would like to see something like that happen.
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

Bigbob wrote:The first S-3 meeting was a bring what you had. No exact recipe, the second was going to be a all grain smoked and unfortunely never happen. Although I'm not an all grain guy, I like the idea. Would like to see something like that happen.
how about if this one is Sweetfeed :)
Don't be a dick
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FreeMountainHermit »

rager wrote:just had an idea,

seems like the first S3 meeting there was a grain bill involved where members decided what grain bill they wanted and then everyone would come up with their variation of the "grain bill" .

i would like to suggest the same for S3:17

eveyone is welcome to throw out ideas and we can vote

thoughts?
Many if not most of you guys are much more advanced than I so I have to ask if an All Corn using enzymes would be acceptable as I'm basically a moonshine drinker and have had the "magic chemicals" in my refrigerator for awhile.

Malting is most definitely on my 2017 learning curve as it certainly fits in with making a historically correct 'shine.
Blah, blah, blah,........
rgreen2002
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by rgreen2002 »

I would say "Your house, your rules" FMH!

Nothing like a good white dog...
HD Glossary - Open this
A little spoon feeding *For New & Novice Distillers - start here
BEST WAY TO GET ANSWERS FROM HOME DISTILLER
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

rgreen2002 wrote:I would say "Your house, your rules" FMH!

Nothing like a good white dog...
True dat but tryin' to maintain peace and harmony among the ranks if this gig happens. Might hafta have a Sergeant At Arms present as I noticed this place harbors a pretty ruff crowd that can't hold their likker.

(Just kidding of course !!! )Heeyyyy, Fuhgeddaboudit :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :wave:
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

Locked and Loaded.
I will be there.
spirit run dave
Novice

Post by spirit run dave »

You can count on the wife and I after the last one there's no way she would let me miss it. All The activities sound awesome,like truckoroma, I learned a lot by listening didn't have to ask lot of questions.now I got to say even as a beginner u get treated like family.this year will be great for me now I got a couple of runs under my belt.looking forward to all the great spirits and new stories even if they do come off the "liers bench" lol cheers to all
All things can be worked on...but you can't fix stupid!
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

FreeMountainHermit wrote:Just started kicking this around and looking for input from the board.

Central WV roughly 90 minutes south of TBs home. Date to be set by the guys and gals here as everyday is Friday for me.

Tons of camping available on the property so let me know your needs if any.

Welcome to my humble home if you or yours care to come and visit.

Apologies for being so brief but at this point I'm just kickin' the tires to see where it might go. Hope it comes to fruition as the folks I've met from 2 other S3 shindigs have been just super nice folks.

Y'all give yourselves a big pat on the back for me !

:clap: :thumbup: :wave:
Thinking a spring timeframe works for me. My work calendar will clear that up, and will be in the area for sure in the April/May timeframe. I could check off a couple bucket-list items.

Since I will be flying over the trump voters, I would not be bringing anything of value...but could stop by a local store for some taste testing for those who can't detect heads.

I'm in from around April 15-May 15 if the world cooperates.
jdetechguy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jdetechguy »

I am not too far away and would like to come too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Hi,
I'd love to think about it but it's a bit far from Australia!
What does SOH stand for?
I guess it is much the same as 'her indoors', or SWMBO ('she who must be obeyed') which I would use without 'putting anybody down'; that is, if I dared!
Geoff
The Baker
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

SOH is Speaker Of the House .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Thanks, got it.

Definitely an Americanism.

Geoff
The Baker
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Truckinbutch wrote:SOH is Speaker Of the House .
Or SOH = Significant Other Half... Not to be confused with IOH = Insignificant Other Half... Just depends on who wears the pants in the family... :shifty: Gotta be careful due to the rising number of female members here... :silent:
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

We spent 10 years becoming friends before she ever moved under my roof and then I married my best friend . I'm still married to my best friend . SOH is a term of endearment rather than sarcasm .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

canada-west virginia.what the heck.can i go
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

SOH gave me a present this evening . It was a note requesting that I ask if anyone would like to return here in late September/early October 17 for another S3 gathering ? Early August was too hot for her . You guys that attended made a big hit with her for her to volunteer to help host another one .
I just got off the phone with FMH . He would rather come here than host one at his place by his lonesome . It's a lot of work to make it happen .
I also do not wish to offend anyone by coming off as a primma donna .
The offer has been made . Let's see where it goes .
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Truckinbutch wrote: I just got off the phone with FMH . He would rather come here than host one at his place by his lonesome .
T'aint fair ta teeze a growed up feller with visions of tater salad. T'aint fair at all. :lol:

Possibly can find it in my heart to forgive but don't push it !!!!!

:) :) :)
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Butch, I'd absolutely love to visit you and the missus again, count me in.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

DSM Loki wrote:Butch, I'd absolutely love to visit you and the missus again, count me in.
Visits from all you that have been before are not limited to organized parties . All of you are welcome back on an impromptu basis as well . It's a rare day that we aren't open for company .
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

The upside of this later date is that I will be able to bring some properly aged UJ.

Jack chips, of course. :thumbup: :wave:
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

FreeMountainHermit wrote:The upside of this later date is that I will be able to bring some properly aged UJ.

Jack chips, of course. :thumbup: :wave:
Don't see no downside if everyone can attend . School schedules are a problem I can see for those that have families . If it needs to be done during school holidays we will still try to adjust to get the biggest turnout .
I'm still in shock that SOH is open to a second one back to back . She's been holding this one for a while . Done bought her a Honda Pilot and a remote start for it . Wonder how much more this is gonna cost .
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

What a great Christmas gift to us all, this morning! :clap: Way to go, Mrs. Butch!

Merry Christmas! You know I am there! :thumbup:
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

The Croweater and Suzie Dundee called us this morning to wish a merry merry . When I mentioned another here they started counting coins . How cool could that be if they were able to come back for another gathering ........
Worm_Drippinz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Worm_Drippinz »

Count me in FMH, I can bring the coach and my wares. :moresarcasm:
bronctoad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bronctoad »

TB... 2 questions. Is this get together still moving along? As my SOH (Rads version) and I would like to keep track of dates that may be permissible to meet with some of the fine people of this forum. The other question, How is yours and SRD's run at AG going? I'm dying to live vicariously through your trials. As I am in the process of gathering the necessary equipment to try it for myself. I hope the endeavor goes as well as my visions. good luck either way.

bronctoad :D
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

bronctoad wrote:TB... 2 questions. Is this get together still moving along? As my SOH (Rads version) and I would like to keep track of dates that may be permissible to meet with some of the fine people of this forum. The other question, How is yours and SRD's run at AG going? I'm dying to live vicariously through your trials. As I am in the process of gathering the necessary equipment to try it for myself. I hope the endeavor goes as well as my visions. good luck either way.

bronctoad :D
The gettogether is still moving in a forward direction . My experience last year was that it's like a snowball heading down hill . It just keeps gaining momentum along the way until a committed consensus of who is coming and when is reached . The Croweater's visit from Australia defined the time frame last year . March is out for me as SOH is going on a cruise . I can't do this without her help . We need input for who can come when and try to pick a time that will accommodate the most . Then we will chisel it in stone and carve it on 'The Bench'.
SRD and I are going to cook another mash tomorrow . We will update on that thread rather than confuse this one .
city shiner
Bootlegger

Post by city shiner »

I would definitely like to attend. The timeframe might just be enough time for me to scratch up enough coin to attend.
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

My schedule is super flexible so I'll be able to attend anytime as long as I know 2 weeks in advance.