Possible 2017 S3 Home Distiller rendezvous at my home

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Possible 2017 S3 Home Distiller rendezvous at my home

Post by Hank Reardon »

Im bumping the thread. Sure I can work a work-trip in to be nearby, and stay for a few days to meet some
Great folks.

Crow, I'm in for 30K air miles to get Susie here. :) Or you...but, preferably Suzie. :)
rgreen2002
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by rgreen2002 »

Hank Reardon wrote:...I'm in for 30K air miles to get Susie here. :) Or you...but, preferably Suzie. :)
:lol: :lol:

TB I believe you are located on the eastern side of this great country... possibly near middle... I would be interested and am keeping n eye on this one :mrgreen:
HD Glossary - Open this
A little spoon feeding *For New & Novice Distillers - start here
BEST WAY TO GET ANSWERS FROM HOME DISTILLER
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

rgreen2002 wrote:
Hank Reardon wrote:...I'm in for 30K air miles to get Susie here. :) Or you...but, preferably Suzie. :)
:lol: :lol:

TB I believe you are located on the eastern side of this great country... possibly near middle... I would be interested and am keeping n eye on this one :mrgreen:

im in the NE as well. took me 12 hours to get to TBs. Id would/will make that trip again without thinking twice
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I'll bump this thread from time to time if someone else doesn't . We'll just have to see what develops .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

Truckinbutch wrote:I'll bump this thread from time to time if someone else doesn't . We'll just have to see what develops .
well you can count me in. Im sure randy and his wife will be wanting to make it out there again.
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Yeah, I'll definitely be joining again as well. I should have some of my own swill to bring along to be critiqued.

I do know that I won't be available the weekend of September 23, but other than that I'm wide open.
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

Can count me in TB I just put up a barrel of corn and rye than should be nicely aged by that time
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

These get togethers have been one of the highlights of the last two years great fun and great people
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

panikry83 wrote:These get togethers have been one of the highlights of the last two years great fun and great people
Definitely so for me .
We got to kick this around as much as we can . Don't want to miss a family because of school schedules and such .
We want to accommodate as many folks as can come at the same time .
Forgot to mention : my nephew that did such a fine job on the grill at the last party asked that pretty little gal that was helping him to be his bride .
She said yes . :clap:
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

Truckinbutch wrote:
panikry83 wrote:These get togethers have been one of the highlights of the last two years great fun and great people
Definitely so for me .
We got to kick this around as much as we can . Don't want to miss a family because of school schedules and such .
We want to accommodate as many folks as can come at the same time .
Forgot to mention : my nephew that did such a fine job on the grill at the last party asked that pretty little gal that was helping him to be his bride .
She said yes . :clap:

congrats to your nephew, i would love to know his rub that he put on the chicken and your recipe for the baked beans. got my smoker at thanksgiving and have been playing around with it a bunch

btw my schedule is wide open so whenever works for everyone else works for me
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I'll share my recipes with all of you . Nephew , mebbie not so much . He does turn a fair dollar with what he does with his cooker . (Hint : sidle up to him at the next party like Bigbob did with a good drop for him in your hand and he might whisper in your ear .)
:idea: Check 'The Liar's Bench' about whispering .
Anyhow ' SOH is going on a cruise first 2 weeks in March so; that's out .
She disliked those high temperatures in August of last year .
Earlier in the year will not be a great problem . Our cow /calf numbers are down so low that hay harvest is not such a critical issue in scheduling .
I'm here most of the time . You folks that will come have to determine when it's going to happen .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Truckinbutch wrote:I'll share my recipes with all of you . Nephew , mebbie not so much . He does turn a fair dollar with what he does with his cooker . (Hint : sidle up to him at the next party like Bigbob did with a good drop for him in your hand and he might whisper in your ear .)
Earlier in the year will not be a great problem . Our cow /calf numbers are down so low that hay harvest is not such a critical issue in scheduling .
I'm here most of the time . You folks that will come have to determine when it's going to happen .
I need some suggestions here for a date . I live here . When you folks could come visit in the largest number is in your province . C'mon , help me out here if you want to do this .
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

Truckinbutch wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote:I'll share my recipes with all of you . Nephew , mebbie not so much . He does turn a fair dollar with what he does with his cooker . (Hint : sidle up to him at the next party like Bigbob did with a good drop for him in your hand and he might whisper in your ear .)
I need some suggestions here for a date . I live here . When you folks could come visit in the largest number is in your province . C'mon , help me out here if you want to do this .
lets start a roll call with dates, and copy and paste the roll call as the list progresses.

Im very excited and will get a hold of randy for his input

#1 rager, anytime works for me
Last edited by rager on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Labor Day weekend. First weekend in September.

Columbus day weekend. First weekend in October.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:Labor Day weekend. First weekend in September.

Columbus day weekend. First weekend in October.
rager, anytime
socd, 9/4, 10/9 :moresarcasm:
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

rager
socd 9/4, 10/9 :moresarcasm:
Loki anytime other than 9/23
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I'm up with these suggestions . A roll call vote sounds like the fairest way to set the date . That doesn't exclude anyone that decides at a later time that they can attend the date chosen . We always try to cook enough that no one goes hungry .
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Labor Day weekend is my wife's birthday. It will be hard to talk her into going across the country to meet my stillin' buddies.
Although I did talk her into drinking my cold remedy with sweet feed and honey. :think:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

I'm interested, as always.

Sorry... been vacant since I lost most of my ability to surf the forum at work, but I suppose I gotta do something around here if I wanna get paid.

Between late June and Late August is always good for me since the kids won't be in school, but I'll try to make anything work. If stiller are gathering and I can drive there in 18 hours or less, I'm aiming to make it.

Count me in!
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Nothing on my calendar that would prevent a visit.
Spring, summer, fall all sound nice.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

These meetings are a lot of fun, EG and myself just attended one 20 hours drive north of us, some 2500 miles return.It was a darn long drive in the middle of summer with a broken aircon and temperatures up to 46'c but the destination was well worth the journey.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

August and early September is a possibility for me and the SOH drive up that way.

At that time, shrimping season will be in full swing down here so I should be able to gather everything I need to cook a fresh seafood gumbo for the group. :wink:
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

thecroweater wrote:These meetings are a lot of fun, EG and myself just attended one 20 hours drive north of us, some 2500 miles return.It was a darn long drive in the middle of summer with a broken aircon and temperatures up to 46'c but the destination was well worth the journey.
An adventure. Glad you survived. :)
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

I think September or October sounds great. Good to be outside and comfortable to camp. However, tell me when and I'll show up if it's in the cards.
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

BayouShine wrote:August and early September is a possibility for me and the SOH drive up that way.

At that time, shrimping season will be in full swing down here so I should be able to gather everything I need to cook a fresh seafood gumbo for the group. :wink:
that sounds amamzig. few years ago we did a boil with crawfish and gator sausages. flowing in live over night. i can eat about 5 lbs of shrimp myself :wink:
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

rager wrote:
BayouShine wrote:August and early September is a possibility for me and the SOH drive up that way.

that sounds amamzig. few years ago we did a boil with crawfish and gator sausages. flowing in live over night. i can eat about 5 lbs of shrimp myself :wink:
I wish I could do that too, but they will be way out of season that late in the year. We're just getting into the beginning of the season now. By August/September, their shells will be hard to peel and tough to eat.
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

BayouShine wrote:
rager wrote:

I wish I could do that too, but they will be way out of season that late in the year. We're just getting into the beginning of the season now. By August/September, their shells will be hard to peel and tough to eat.
hope you can make it up.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Looks like we have narrowed the window to late August to mid October . SOH is good to go with that window and so is the nephew that does the cooking .
Going to be up to you folks to pick and choose . We have no other plans for Labor Day weekend , but many others may . I'd advise shying away from that date .
It's important for us , as a community , to pick a date as early as possible so SOH can schedule time off to supervise us . I don't think we want to be left 'home alone' .
Give me some input here . Let's schedule a weekend where the most folks can attend .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Bump : I've had one suggestion for the weekend after Labor Day . ?
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

So, I guess the question should be, does anyone have any conflicts with September 9th, and 10th? This would be the weekend after labor day.

2 weeks, 6 months, and 1 month from now. That would mean anyone that wants to, could lay down a ferment this weekend. Would allow 2 weeks for fermenting, 6 months on oak, and 1 month bottle conditioning. :lol:

Any conflicts? :?:
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."