S3/17 Truckorama

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
thecroweater
retired

Re: S3/17 Truckorama

Post by thecroweater »

too dry! Thought y'all put coon grease in there with it to keep it moist. Pretty sure SOCD showed us canned cream possum braised in coon grease, cough cough scuse me reckon I got somthin stuck in my throat.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Me dad got a road kill SHEEP once.
Cooked up fine.

Geoff
The Baker
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Truckinbutch wrote:I got an idear . Forgive me , for I been about 4 fingers deep into that white dog AG MCH was doing so much bragging about . Anyhow , (I learned that segue from my friend Arkansas Tom ) with all our talents ; if we agreed to take over ALL kitchen bitch and house cleaning chores and make her QUEEN FOR A WEEKEND , she might allow all us to gather here again . That would include cooking our own breakfast and providing finger food snacks during the day .
It's worth considering if y'all like it so well here .
I'm volunteering to provide meat and grill it if nobody got sick this year .
Any y'all ever et a possum ?
I'd be more than willing to help with that.
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

I'm trying to find the right time and place to ask my wife about possibly, maybe hosting next year... I'll keep you all updated as I take that adventure.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

panikry83 wrote:I'm trying to find the right time and place to ask my wife about possibly, maybe hosting next year... I'll keep you all updated as I take that adventure.
Please do . I'd do my best to make it there .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

I don't think the kitchen bitch part will be any hassle. 8)
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Not, not at all. Many of us have some awesome contributions to give, but fear of just to much damn food had stopped us.

Seems to me, the solution is everyone bring a dish, snack, etc. Then just or a few out at a time. Potluck shiner dinner is the way to go :thumbup: . I mean, I wasn't going to stop the lovely Jay from feeding us, as she does a damn fine job of it. But the original meeting in Colorado ( except Jedfest) was comprised of shiners cooking.

Could you imagine a table of food equivalent to the table off booze we brought?
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

panikry83 wrote:I'm trying to find the right time and place to ask my wife about possibly, maybe hosting next year... I'll keep you all updated as I take that adventure.
SOH said that if you make it happen she will be glad to help .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:Not, not at all. Many of us have some awesome contributions to give, but fear of just to much damn food had stopped us.

Seems to me, the solution is everyone bring a dish, snack, etc. Then just or a few out at a time. Potluck shiner dinner is the way to go :thumbup: . I mean, I wasn't going to stop the lovely Jay from feeding us, as she does a damn fine job of it. But the original meeting in Colorado ( except Jedfest) was comprised of shiners cooking.

Could you imagine a table of food equivalent to the table off booze we brought?
That sounds like a challenge to me.
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

I'm down, I have some little cooking secrets lying around!

I'll even throw in my famous bean pie for free ( hope no one is diabetic) lol

I really wish I could've made it out there but work happened.

sounds like a helluva time
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

I suppose I could do my usual dish to pass. Cubes of pork loin, wrapped with bacon, and a chimichurri sauce to dip in...
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

Looks like a good time was had by all. I can only hope to make it to one of these annual shin dig someday, if y'all would have me of course, I understand the security (for lack of better word) about it all as well, it would be quite the trek for me
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

East coast is a long way from me, but I want to say that I love the fact that our members meet and mingle with each other, and I hope to make a meetup or two in the future.

Also, thanks MichiganCornHusker for the Truckorama S3-2017 T-shirt!

Represent!
Attachments
IMG_6218.JPG
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I think these gatherings are going to expand . I've hosted 2 and attended 3 . The camaraderie and gentlemanly conduct exhibited by all has put a positive spin on our hobby .
It's good to greet old friends and meet new ones at every gathering .
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Uncle Jesse wrote:Represent!
Awesome, looks great on you, Jesse!
It would be great to meet up sometime, I'm sure there will be opportunities on the horizon.
Truckinbutch wrote:It's good to greet old friends and meet new ones at every gathering .
Yep, definitely a great group of characters at these meetups. I just had an opportunity to hang out with Bigbob and his missus this weekend and had a really great time.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Yep, definitely a great group of characters at these meetups. I just had an opportunity to hang out with Bigbob and his missus this weekend and had a really great time.
>
Bet BB was happy to talk to your face instead of your ear .
LORD , forgive me .............I just couldn't help myself .
barreldawg
Novice

Post by barreldawg »

Booner's and the concept of S3 meetings. Woodsheds legacy here on HD.
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

If there's anyone out there willing to let me mail them pint to bring along to the event I'd really appreciate it. Just looking for some feedback on my ujsm or maybe sugar head bourbon if it's aged well enough by then, nobody else near me that takes this hobby seriously at all. Anyway, if anyone is down with that they can PM and talk details.
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Got a care package from an attendee today . SOH says thanks and some of that will be baked into cookies .
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

I too received a package and my oh my am I excited to put it to use.