S3:18 - Suburbia Edition

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Re: S3:18 - Suburbia Edition

Post by jedneck »

i maybe a hillbilly but i knows the differance between a tire n a tree.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

I'm bringing a Cajon dish called shrimp sauce picante
Decent sized pot served with rice
A few 5th of rum (4)
5th of peach (white) from 2016
Oak aged traditional mead (half gal)
quart + blueberry melomel
pint spiced apple cyser ( cloudy )
1+ gal apple cyser
1 gal apple cyser (caramel malted)

I'll be leaving early Fri morning so I should be there before noon and leaving mid day sunday
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

jedneck wrote:i maybe a hillbilly but i knows the differance between a tire n a tree.
Oh yeah car on tyres helps it go forward , car on a tree stops mighty quick. I tested that theory out and it works every time :thumbup:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

jedneck wrote:i maybe a hillbilly but i knows the differance between a tire n a tree.
I understand you know the difference , Jed . Using discretion is the issue .
Luv ya , brother and I know that if ya piss inside the MH it will be inside the pot .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

Love it getting more pumped each MSG I read can't wait to see the gang
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

Confused yet Jed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfO692QUqes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Don't be a dick
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

The start of something good...
thumbnail_IMG_3946.jpg
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

BayouShine wrote:The start of something good...
thumbnail_IMG_3946.jpg
Good memories :thumbup:
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Glad I'll get to try someone's gumbo besides my own :thumbup:
Hey bayou, you ever tried the shrimp sauce picante? If not I'll pm you the recipe.
my family been making it for 100 + years down there, dont know how old the recipe is exactly but it's a great one!
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

Shine0n wrote:Glad I'll get to try someone's gumbo besides my own :thumbup:
Hey bayou, you ever tried the shrimp sauce picante? If not I'll pm you the recipe.
my family been making it for 100 + years down there, dont know how old the recipe is exactly but it's a great one!
Yep, I make it often. I wish I could have made it up there this year and make the gumbo right then and there like I did at TBs last year.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

BayouShine wrote:The start of something good...
thumbnail_IMG_3946.jpg
Damn I'm sorry for myself for having to go to work instead of attending :cry:

Have fun and be safe you all
OVZ
distiller_dresden
Trainee

Post by distiller_dresden »

Whoo! Just booked my room at the hotel. Looked a bit cheap but it's a bed. We (Dad and I) will be rolling in Friday night/afternoon - I haven't checked the drive time from Fort Wayne, IN to you in PA yet, we are leaving Friday morn about 7 or 8, depending how long the drive. Then we are leaving Sunday mid-morning, depending on the drive time, again. So we will be there Friday night, all day Saturday, and maybe Sunday morning but not sure about that one.

I'll be bringing:
Coconut sugar distillate aged and very slightly back-sweetened with filtered coconut sugar simple syrup
Apple Pear brandy (or whatever you'd call a 'sweeter' brandy that part of the proofing was, in this case, apple con and pear con with water, then the fruit maceration added sugar too)
Mango Ranier Cherry Pear brandy
Lychee Papaya Pear (pear is really minimized) brandy
Aged sipping rum
Blended sipping rum, touch tropical & spiced
I read, I write, I still.
The must interstitial man no Earth.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
distiller_dresden
Trainee

Hey y'all any rum-heads:

I have on hold at liquor store in Indy a bottle of Worthy Park:
White, overproof white, gold, and estate premium -- these are known on the market as "Rum Bar Silver," "Rum Bar White Overproof," "Rum Bar Gold," and, "Worthy Park Single Estate Reserve."
You can see/read about them here: http://www.worthyparkestate.com/products/#1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

The Rum Bars are all $34 each with tax, rounded up from 33 and change. The Single Estate is $77, up from 76 and change. I had put them on hold for a friend in CT who now doesn't want them; seeing as how WP rum is freaking hard to get a hold of -- does anyone want these? Otherwise I can't afford to pick the extras up. I have two bottles of each on hold, and I'll likely pick up the overproof and estate reserve for myself, maybe the gold. So there is at least one of each and maybe 2 of the white available. I'd ask someone interested to PayPal me the funds for them, I'm going to be there at the liquor store next Thursday, in Indy for a doctor's appointment, and then I will bring the bottles with me to the gathering that weekend when I attend. I will share whatever info - email, address, what have you -- someone wants for trust, and I'll give pictures of the liquor store receipt. I thought I'd offer because it'd be a shame for nobody to have a chance at these Worthy Park rums...

-D_D/Nate
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
DetroitDIY
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DetroitDIY »

Sorry to say gang, but I won't be making it after all. Too much going on to make the trip this weekend. Bummed I won't get to meet some of you, to try someone else's spirits than my own, and was especially looking forward to tasting some of you mead adventures ShineOn.

Anyways, looks like you're in for a good weekend. Have fun, be safe. Maybe I'll catch you next year.

DetroitDIY
distiller_dresden
Trainee

Hey Detroit, that's too bad -- but silver lining, my dad and I typically go to northern Michigan, Traverse City, around the end of October for a fall vacation each year. Maybe we could swing by for an afternoon meet up and share company with you? Otherwise maybe given our relative proximity maybe we could just plan our own meet as I think we'd already discussed for people in this region, and then you'll have that chance! Maybe I can even see if ShineOn would send along some of his best children for the event so he'd be present in 'spirit'?
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

I'm sorry to say that I too will be unable to attend this year. Too much going on to be able to take off for the weekend. Safe travels and good times to all those that are making the trek. It will be a celebration of craftsmanship and brotherhood you won't soon forget.
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

Looking forward to seeing everyone who can attend. Those who cannot make it will be sorely missed. We'll offer up a toast of something alcoholic.

SCD and I will be starting our day on Friday and we'll have something going by midday for those coming in on Friday. Saturday's festivities are day-long. Start/end when you want. I'll manage parking as it happens, may need to play puzzle games in my driveway but, we'll make it work. Just have to keep room for my wife to leave with the kids after work on Friday and get back in Sunday afternoon. Neighbors are understanding as well - all cool people.

Only stipulation from the boss I have over my head is that she returns to a clean house. We're not rowdy people so, I don't anticipate any issues here. Just a few dudes, sitting around drinking and tellin' lies.

2 more days! See ya then
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

Should be leaving my place with Rager around noon or 1:00 on friday. I think we're about 4 hours away. I'm gonna bring a small keg of nitro cold brew coffee I made, hoping for some feedback. And anything else good I can rustle up between now and then.

Sorry for the late reply!
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
distiller_dresden
Trainee

Randy any of that maple rum??
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Haha. Nope. Only one bottle in existence, and he doesn't have it, lol...

Anyways, I think I really need to bring something white to balance everything out...
20180919_180630.jpg
I have some white oat, and this year's rum that still needs some second used oak that is still white. That will be something special next year. Maybe you'll have to just suffer through my oak offerings :lol:

Anyways, looking forward to it!

Don't forget! Nothing over 50% on the table unless EXTREMELY labeled. Don't need a repeat of the boomtown evening of '15. That hurt.

Anyways... getting wings to smoke tomorrow to start marinating. Getting amped!
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

We're all getting amped . Jed and I just confirmed that we are good to go .
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

I know my rum is 110 but the peach from 2016 I have no idea. I'll label them just for shits and giggles and both are smooth so be careful.
distiller_dresden
Trainee

Well next year there will be maple rum!

ShineOn I hope your butter and funk rums are in attendance...
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Sorry but they will not, just a good rum ( to me ) and the peach.

I've not had any personal time for anything other than family and work and obviously mead.

I don't have time atm for sitting 10 hours with the still as much as I'd like to and I have to make the money while it's nice outside.
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

I have anejo tequila and barrel strength rum that will both be at 63%, I'll be sure to do extreme labeling. And bring water for proofing.

Sorry dresden, the only bottle of the maple left is in Shine's possession. He gets to decide if and when it ever gets cracked. After the last disaster I had (2 30-gallon ferments gone to vinegar; $400 in syrup lost), I haven't been able to bring myself to make more.

I'll bring a bottle of my dry orange blossom mead to share as well. It's about 5 years old now. Starts to get good after 3 years.

Very excited! See you wonderful folks between 4 and 5 pm tomorrow, traffic willing!
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
distiller_dresden
Trainee

Whoa tomorrow! Isn't it next weekend 9/28-30?!
panikry83 wrote:I've been crazy busy the last few months with various thing - not that I'm very active online to begin with but, I was sitting down this evening reading through the last few years worth of Jedfest and Truckorama type threads and it made me realize, this is not being talked up enough. Ask anyone who's been to a meet and greet, it's such a great time. Great people, awesome food, and great drinks. It's overshadowed a few family vacations (dont tell my wife I said that tho).

I've sent out emails to everyone with my address. I'm sure all of you can get a hold of SCD but, if you need my number for anything, let me know. I'll PM it to you. I'm kind of a hermit when it comes to online and the forums but I do lurk around.

Weekend of September 23rd - pot luck style, I'll be off Friday to Monday. Wife will be heading out Friday night with the kids and be back on Sunday at some point. Suburbia for sure but, my neighbors are pretty great.

Keep it alive friends! It's gonna be fun!
SHIT!!!! :grumbling:

g-damnit...
distiller_dresden
Trainee

Well that gosh darn SUUUUUCKS and I frickin' hate that I got that wrong; I could have sworn I read 28th, and I think I did, saw that there 3 as an 8. Had a lot of crap going on. I am very crushed at the immediate moment that I can't now meet you folk and enjoy the hog roast and foods, share my banana bread and make, sample your own, not to mention I'm unsure about my hotel reservation. Need to check on that.

So I would like to at least simulate the experience for myself... And you all. How I intend to do this is as follows: I have 2oz PET plastic bottles which are ethanol safe. As I've already posted what I was going to bring, I'd like anyone to please PM me what you'd like to try, even if everything, of what I was bringing. I will get you PET samples. Feel free to keep the empties, but I would ask that you use these to return to me something(s) of your own so that we can simulate the experience of meeting and examining each other's talents in the 'kitchen'. Also unused returned PETs can be used for you to send your examples to others who are curious.

Now I'm going to contact Expedia and see about getting something back. Mother/f I am so disappointed in myself and peeved off, y'all have no idea how much I wanted to meet you and try - especially Shine's stuff and so on... Damnit.
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

I see that a few boxes of cajun goodness have reached their destination. I sure hope you guys enjoy my little offerings.
Poitin
Novice

Post by Poitin »

[quote="RandyMarshCT"]. Sorry dresden, the only bottle of the maple left is in Shine's possession. He gets to decide if and when it ever gets cracked. After the last disaster I had (2 30-gallon ferments gone to vinegar; $400 in syrup lost), I haven't been able to bring myself to make more.

Maybe not Randy :esurprised: I have this from you that hasn't been cracked.
Attachments
Maple.jpg
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Bayou, I am so looking forward to peeking in those boxes!

DD, what! How did that happen! Shining responsibility comes in many forms. Including keeping a proper calendar. Sorry man. Maybe next time.

So... not to make it worse, but...
20180920_171550.jpg
Time to start rubbing and brining the chicken wings to smoke tomorrow...
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."