New Zealand Meetup

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Jeddi
Novice

New Zealand Meetup

Post by Jeddi »

Hey guys,

first of all, I'm not entirely sure, whether this is the right forum, maybe a moderator can move this to a more appropriate place, if needed.

So I just started this great new hobby of distilling, and I'm pretty excited about it. However, I live in one of those countries, where distilling is more of a gray zone. However, this December I will actually be on a business trip to New Zealand which, as far as I understand, has one of the biggest home distilling communities due to the legalization a couple of years ago. Also, I will probably have some free time during my trip, so I really would like to meet up.
I figure having your own still and self made spirits is something to be proud of (bonus points, if you built your own still from scratch, which is something that I intend to do), so I could imaging that people would not mind showing me their achievements. Maybe we could even distill something together, of course I would also help wherever I can (e.g. buying the ingredients), or just invite you for a nice dinner as a thank you. And of course I like the idea of just meeting nice people that share my interests and to become part of the community.
So, I'll be in New Zealand in the beginning of December, right now it looks like I will be in Christchurch and Dunedin (though probably longer in Dunedin). If you live there, I would like to get to know you. As I'm not sure how big this community actually is, and how many people will read this, maybe it would also be cool to tell me about your friend that lives there, but probably does not read this. So yeah, just respond in this thread or PM me and we can plan the details!
pounsfos
Distiller

Re: New Zealand Meetup

Post by pounsfos »

The north Island has most distillers

I am located in dunedin, and would love to meetup and help a stiller out.

I would need exact dates (pm me if you don't want to provide these dates publicly) unfortunately not to many fellas in dunedin that are on the radar.

Theres a few in chch but the whole meeting up thing seems to never work, I've tried a few times for the south island but to no avail, that was a few years ago maybe things have changed, either way I'm happy to show you my boka and a few recipes etc...

Otherwise now that we have a nzhomedistiller site (i've been meaning to join for a while but never get around to it) you may have much more success than me.

Keep me in the loop, even if is to a post on nz homedistiller.

Scott
Jeddi
Novice

Re: New Zealand Meetup

Post by Jeddi »

Actually I just heard that the Dunedin part might be cancelled. Which might give me a few days to go somewhere else. I'll check out the NZ forum and see who else is out there. I might still come to Dunedin (I looked it up and it seems to be pretty gorgeous actually), or in fact go to the north Island. I'll keep you updated, but thank you for the offer. Looks like I have at least one good option, which is a good start :)