Coming to America!

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Coming to America!

Post by Odin »

Hi folks,

Just landed at 0'Hare in Chicago. Connecting flight to Pittsburgh will leave in an hour and 45 minutes. I am going to Pittsburgh to participate at the ACSA Convention and I will stay in Pittsburgh until coming Thursday. If any of you visit the convention, please come by and lets shake hands. We have an i2000 on display and - more importantly - some amazing whiskey, vodka, and rum and gin to taste. Also Tuesday evening will be beer and burgers nearby. HD'ers are invited.

On Thursday I fly to Boston, where I will stay until Sunday. Pretty much city center, as I understand. We are opening up another distillery there. If anyone wants to come over for a drink, let me know. Always good to meet people with the same passion!

From Sunday till the Saturday a week later I'll be in Florida. Taking a little time off and visiting some visitors. After that it's of towards Napa Valley where I give a 4-day workshop on distilling. Then ... the ADI Convention in Portland, Oregon. If any of you want to visit that experience, please come over. It will be fun to meet and - yes - there will be another beer and burger evening for some informal quality time.

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
cede
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Coming to America!

Post by cede »

It's the Odin's Tour 2018 :)
Single Malt Yinzer
Trainee

Post by Single Malt Yinzer »

Welcome to Pittsburgh! I hope you like it. Visit Maggie's Farm Distillery and Liberty Pole Spirits while you're here. For restaurants try Butcher and Rye, Cure and Smoke. And you need to get to the top of Mt. Washington. It will give you a great view of Pittsburgh. You won't be far from the Warhol Museum, it's open late. For a fun walk try Carson Street on the South Side. It's a ton of bars and restaurants and odd shops. Fat Head's and Piper Pub are standouts. Too bad you're not here over next weekend, my wife's art gallery is opening Saturday.

What are you guys doing Tuesday? I'm up for meeting up.

Let me know if you want any other advice for food or anything to do.
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

Hi Odin. We should meet up for a drink when you are in Portland for the ADA. I will be posting info on a gathering for HD folks sometime during the ADA. I will be attending, but only the vendor show. The full conference is a bit too expensive for me right now.

Otis
Otis’ Pot and Thumper, Dimroth Condenser: Pot-n-Thumper/Dimroth
Learning to Toast: Toasting Wood
Polishing Spirits with Fruitwood: Fruitwood
Badmotivator’s Barrels: Badmo Barrels
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Was at Maggie'sFarm last night.
The place was bumpin!!

Didn't figger Pittsburgh was the place for a proper tiki cocktail...wrong. Was really delicious.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
Single Malt Yinzer
Trainee

Post by Single Malt Yinzer »

There's another proper tiki bar: Hidden Harbor. It is next to Independent Brewing. A very good way to visit two great places at once. It's quick taxi/drive to them.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Single Malt Yinzer wrote:Welcome to Pittsburgh! I hope you like it. Visit Maggie's Farm Distillery and Liberty Pole Spirits while you're here. For restaurants try Butcher and Rye, Cure and Smoke. And you need to get to the top of Mt. Washington. It will give you a great view of Pittsburgh. You won't be far from the Warhol Museum, it's open late. For a fun walk try Carson Street on the South Side. It's a ton of bars and restaurants and odd shops. Fat Head's and Piper Pub are standouts. Too bad you're not here over next weekend, my wife's art gallery is opening Saturday.

What are you guys doing Tuesday? I'm up for meeting up.

Let me know if you want any other advice for food or anything to do.
Tuesday is beer and burgers! You are invited!

Otis, just emailed you!
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Hey Odin I might have some free time to come down to Portland for ADA. It would be a pleasure to finally meet you.

OVZ
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

That would be great! It has been ... like 3 years since we met, right?

Here are some pics of our booth in Pittsburgh at the start of the show.

We have been over run with people. And where I expected push back because we are not your traditional copper still manufacturer, people have been amazingly courteous, interested, and seem to completely understand what we are offering. Great show! Beers and Burgers, my mistake, was last night. I'll try to upload some pics later.

https://istillblog.com/2018/03/05/acsa- ... ittsburgh/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Thanks for sharing, hope it ends up worth your time and effort.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

It was totally worth it! Met an amazing amount of interested people, did a few deals, and expect many more to follow shortly! Met a few HD-ers and that was great too. Next step is Boston, where we are going to find real estate to open our USA HQ in. Together with distillery and training center. Then to Amelia Island in Florida for a week of holidays with my daughter. Then to Napa to give a 4-day workshop. After that its ADI in Portland. Any of you interested in grabbing some beer and burgers in Portland?

Odin.
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

Odin,
Why Boston? Warmer down south! How about. Charleston or Savannah, or Brunswick?
We will see each other next week. One hour ride to Amelia.
GA Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Talking to someone about setting something up in Florida as well, coming week, GA. And yes, lets meet up! I'd love to see you and the mss. again ... and maybe have one of those amazing steaks at Hunter's?

Regards, Odin.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Hmm, more distilleries in the State of Washington than anywhere else!
Just sayin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Phew! Just back from a nice dinner with GA Flatwoods and mss GA Flatwoods. Them steaks were juicy and tasty! Tasted some amazing sugar can syrup as well, by the way.

Regards, Odin.
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

Mighty fine dinner and company! Always great to see another brother!
GA Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

In SF right now. Flying to Portland tomorrow morning. Who is in for beer & burgers Tuesday evening in Portland? Who will come to the ADI convention? If you do, please visit us. Should be easy to find us, since we have the biggest booth and our stills look all black and stainless instead of round and copper. Please know you are invited.

Regards, Odin.
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

Odin wrote:In SF right now. Flying to Portland tomorrow morning. Who is in for beer & burgers Tuesday evening in Portland? Who will come to the ADI convention? If you do, please visit us. Should be easy to find us, since we have the biggest booth and our stills look all black and stainless instead of round and copper. Please know you are invited.

Regards, Odin.
I'm looking forward to it. See you Tuesday. Otis
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Odin wrote:In SF right now. Flying to Portland tomorrow morning. Who is in for beer & burgers Tuesday evening in Portland? Who will come to the ADI convention? If you do, please visit us. Should be easy to find us, since we have the biggest booth and our stills look all black and stainless instead of round and copper. Please know you are invited.

Regards, Odin.
It will be a quick trip down to Portland for me. I have Tuesday off from work and have to be back in Seattle 8am Wednesday.

See you tomorrow

OVZ
jdetechguy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jdetechguy »

Regards, Odin.
I am here too. I will stop by your booth and say hello.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

Odin. Thank you again for the Burgers and Beer last night. It was great meeting you, your wife, co-workers, partners and customers. I hope you enjoy the remainder of your time in Portland and that little bottle of Honey Bear Bourbon.

Safe Travels. Otis
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Thanks! On PDX now and about to fly out. It was great to meet you. Thanks for the great drink. Afraid it's already finished! ;)

Odin.