Son bought an essential oil still

All things related to oils and Hydrosols. How to make them and their uses.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bushman
Admin

Son bought an essential oil still

Post by Bushman »

I built my own and have an antique stainless 5 gallon milk jug and offered to build him an essential oil still but he found one on line for about 4-5 hundred dollars and went ahead and purchased it. It’s all copper and shiny. Sometimes they just have to learn on their own. I will finish the one I started and use it for making gin.
Bushman
Admin

Re: Son bought an essential oil still

Post by Bushman »

Don’t really need 4 stills but what the heck!
Jack C
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Jack C »

You can never really have to many. 👍
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

My son bought me a separator and I received it today, looking forward to using it on my next essential oil run.
nerdybrewer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by nerdybrewer »

Nice!! Kids that know you well enough to buy you something you can actually use = blessing!
Cranky's spoonfeeding:
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52975

Time and Oak will sort it out.
Zoe_zoey
Novice

Post by Zoe_zoey »

Bushman wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:34 pm I built my own and have an antique stainless 5 gallon milk jug and offered to build him an essential oil still but he found one on line for about 4-5 hundred dollars and went ahead and purchased it. It’s all copper and shiny. Sometimes they just have to learn on their own. I will finish the one I started and use it for making gin.
That is pretty cool. I will please if you have photos or any instruction for us?
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Zoe_zoey wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:31 am
Bushman wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:34 pm I built my own and have an antique stainless 5 gallon milk jug and offered to build him an essential oil still but he found one on line for about 4-5 hundred dollars and went ahead and purchased it. It’s all copper and shiny. Sometimes they just have to learn on their own. I will finish the one I started and use it for making gin.
That is pretty cool. I will please if you have photos or any instruction for us?
This is my build for essential oil. Haven’t got around to finishing my gin still.
https://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtop ... 95&t=63987