Cornelius Keg questions

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

ginzo
Bootlegger

Cornelius Keg questions

Post by ginzo »

Can someone help me here?

I am looking to buy a Cornelius keg system just to mix and dispense root beer into bottles. I am rather ignorant on the subject, though. Does the keg need to be refrigerated in order to carbonate with the co2 tank? I know that cold water carbonates better in a selzter bottle than warm. but does that hold for a keg?

Also, does this kind of system carnonate the soda mix as it comes out of the keg or does the co2 tank carbonate the whole keg first like a seltzer bottle does?

What is the largest sized keg I can get? Do they make a 55 gallon Cornelius keg?

Any help will be a blessing.
Do not speak- unless it improves on silence.
ginzo
Bootlegger

Re: Cornelius Keg questions

Post by ginzo »

Anonymous wrote:Howdy Ginzo.

I noticed you said it was gonna be for mixin' rootbeer and fillin' bottles. It would be much easier amd way cheaper to just mix up yer soda in a huge pot and use a syphon and a rackin' cane to fill yer bottles and let it naturally carbonate.
Thanks for the infor. I am trying to bottle a microbrew root beer on a Mom and Pop (no pun intended( basis. Think Sparky's Root Beer.
Do not speak- unless it improves on silence.
rectifier
Swill Maker

Post by rectifier »

That glass is nuts :D

THM, you seem to know your kegerating. My friend is thinking of setting up a kegerator system in his new basement rec room, I'm going to help him build it.
We want to mount the tap inset into the rec room wall, with a converted freezer behind the wall... we were wondering if this is gonna result in the first beer being warm all the time... so maybe we have to just build a regular kegerator
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Take a larger hose then keg lines. Run keg lines inside them insulate larger lines and run them back into your cooler small fan blowing tward hose ends will keep beer cold to tap .Ive seen this set up in bars and know it works.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
rectifier
Swill Maker

Post by rectifier »

Cool, thanks a lot guys! The lines are going to be about that long, so we'll be safe. We'll get right on it!