Forum Blackout

Distillation methods and improvements.

Moderator: Site Moderator

rkidtech
Novice

Forum Blackout

Post by rkidtech »

Hi guys,
I buggered it up again and forgot to log on, and bloody well posted twice. So anyway.
Is there something wrong with the forum because since about Wednesday last week all I keep getting when I click the forum icon is this message which I’ve highlighted in red

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /usr/local/www/htdocs/homedistiller/data/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Then all of a sudden it allows me on to the forum. Hmmmm !! Now I’m no computer expert and it all just seems like gibberish to me. I’m wondering if it’s something to do with me being in the UK or what? Is this happening to anyone else or is it that the forum is on downtime or what. Or is it my computer messing up?
I miss my daily fix in the forum, and hope one of you guys can resolve this problem for me
Geoff
Wizard
Novice

Post by Wizard »

wasn't just you i got the same thing here in the states and others have been asking about it on other forums glad to see it back up :D
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

yep

Post by Uncle Jesse »

mysql database corruption.

someone emailed me about it and I fixed it as soon as I found out.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
jim81147
Bootlegger

Post by jim81147 »

What "other forums " are you guys going to ? The only other one I know of is yahoo distillers group and it is not very active . I sure could have used some advice over the past 2 weeks , but instead I had to wing it . We will see how it turns out.
Yttrium
Swill Maker

Post by Yttrium »

There's a lot of information on the yahoo forums, but the lay out of the forum is just so bad that I typically stay away from it.
The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. --John Conner