World Cup Baseball

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

LeftLaneCruiser
Swill Maker

World Cup Baseball

Post by LeftLaneCruiser »

Hello Guys,

Im sorry to tell you that Cuba has beaten Team USA in the quarter finals this evening. (11-3)

The good news is that the Dutch team has also won their match. We're playing Korea friday in the semi-finals. :D
Team Netherlands is on the roll, i wouldn't be surprised if we won the finals on sunday :wink:

KJH
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

hmmm

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Go A's!
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
Virginia Gentleman
Rumrunner

Post by Virginia Gentleman »

Go Nats! ;-)
Lord preserve and protect us, we've been drinkin' whiskey 'fore breakfast.
The Chemist
Trainee

Post by The Chemist »

The Dutch play baseball :shock: :lol: --I thought it was just us, and the Japanese! I see from the website that this has been going on for thirty-something years!! Who knew!! Oh well, just wait 'till we get some of our REAL players in it (apparently, it's a team made up of college and minor league players). Cuba's no pushover: we have gotten a lot of good players from Cuba over the years. Amazing that Fidel would let any out of "his" country.
Purposeful motion, for one so insane...
LeftLaneCruiser
Swill Maker

Post by LeftLaneCruiser »

Well actually baseball is played over here since the beginning of the 20th century (introduced in 1905 if i'm right).

I don't think we'll ever see some of America's 'real' players in World Cup tournaments because it is much more profitable to play MLB. Bit of a pity, but you can't blame them guys: most of them got a family to feed...

Cuba is very good indeed, they're expected to win their 25th World Championship this weekend. They beat us in the series 3-1, so i think team NL did a good job after all.
BTW, i don't think mr. Castro "let" the cuban baseball players go...

KJH