Science Professions ?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

speedfreaksteve
Swill Maker

Post by speedfreaksteve »

possum wrote:Wow, lots of science/engineer types here.
Steve, I'm working on my Complex analysis right now...damn branch cuts.
Howdy and welcome to all of you.
I have the degree, but I'm certainly not the science/engineer "type".

I just like fiddling around with things just to see if I can. Distilling is one of them.

Complex analysis is painful. My degree is VERY useful in many aspects of my current/previous jobs, but certainly there was a large percentage of knowledge in my schooling that I will never have a practical use for... unless I decided to become a college professor. But that's never going to happen.
Grayson_Stewart
retired

Post by Grayson_Stewart »

I was never able to put up with the BS very well. I rarely went to class. I would show up the first day, get a class syllabus with the instructors name, office hours, class requirements, and dates of the tests.

I would then study at home on my own and go back to class the day before the scheduled test just to make sure the test was going to be the next class.

Most of the time I checked the required text books out of the library and kept them the rest of the quarter paying the late fee at the end...it was alot less expensive than paying $120 for a book the university bookstore was only going to give me $30 for later.

I know alot of folks that have gone on to get their master's and more...but I can't stand the thought of having to take another class.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
stoker
Distiller

Post by stoker »

I go to most of the classes
(right now I'm skipping one 8) )
-I have too much blood in my alcohol system-
absinthe
Rumrunner

Post by absinthe »

I'm a chef lol

but i am a backyard electrical engineer... i am currently making a Tesla coil (3 inch dia secondary, should get close too 25 inch sparks), installing a home made (not designed) EMS in my car,

and a photographer lol
Whiskey, the most popular of the cold cures that don't work (Leonard Rossiter)
Fretman124
Novice

Post by Fretman124 »

My title has the engineer word in it.

I am a field service engineer for the worlds largest manufaturer of semiconductor manufacturing eqipment.

Lots of syllables for glorified mechanic.

I work on physical vapor and chemical vapor deposition machines. My particular tool set proccess is done under ultra high vacuum, 8ex10-9 torr type vacuum pressures achieved with cryo pumps.

My degree comes from my high school...........
theholymackeral wrote
Learn to use the search function... intellectual laziness is frowned upon here.
possum
Distiller

Post by possum »

I have been studying these very techniques. Also etching, plasmas and liquid...mostly techniques for semiconductors, but also applications in biology and some other applications.
Nano and micro meter scale manufacturing.

I dig it Fretman, that is a good trade to be in.
Hey guys!!! Watch this.... OUCH!
SMJ
Novice

Post by SMJ »

Well, it sounds as if you guys are doing the same as I :lol:

absinthe can coil my new magnet (we want 22T), and Fretman124 can do the samples. If you would do that, I could go home, destilling ...