Containers

Putting older posts here. Going to try to keep the novice forum pruned about 90 days work. The 'good' old stuff is going to be put into appropriate forums.

Moderator: Site Moderator

leeb72
Novice

Containers

Post by leeb72 »

As I'm working a run and being new at this I don't have a bunch of glass jars. My question is can I collect in a small jar the heads and foreshots and then transfer the good stuff from a small jars to a stainless pot or dutch oven. Then go back to the small jar for the tails. This would allow more surface for the shine to breath.
BW Redneck
Trainee

Post by BW Redneck »

I don't see any problem in that, although, I've never run out of bottles before. I just tell one of my college kids to bring up a dozen or so fifths after a football game when he comes to visit! :D

Seriously, on home games, OSU runs through a lot of cheap liquor. :shock:
(not trying to derail the thread here.)
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance... baffle them with bullshit."
"Don't steal. The government hates competition."
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see"

20lt small pot still, working on keg
bronzdragon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bronzdragon »

Sounds ok to me. I just collect in gallon wine jugs and mason jars.

~r~
"If it weren't for the alcohol, beer would be a healthfood."
punkin
Master of Distillation

Post by punkin »

I've got a dozen 700 ml Jim Beam bottles from when my lush used to have to buy her bourbon. Just texta'd #'s on the lids.
Works a treat, i collect in 500 ml beakers, then tip em into the numbered JB bottles. Smaller quantities when i'm close to a cut. Got to the stage of learning my still now that i can see and taste the cut coming up, so some bottles might only have 100 ml or so.
Middle Hearts go into either 2l flagons or 4l jugs. :wink: